Reviews for The Seven Deadly Sins
tastewithouttalent chapter 7 . 3/6
I was wondering if there would be a happy one and I did not expect it from this, of all the seven sins. Delightful, charming ending. It's nice to smile at the end of these, I have to say :)
tastewithouttalent chapter 6 . 3/6
This is /gorgeous/. I actually really like that it's not about lust properly, in fact rather the opposite; it was not what I was expecting and it is much more intense and beautiful for that. That last bit with the stretching silence is particularly painful. Wow. Glorious, again, as all of these. I am so impressed it's a little hard to handle how wonderful these are.
tastewithouttalent chapter 5 . 3/6
This is a fantastic character study of Kurapika, actually, and the more beautiful because we see it through Leorio's eyes. Your description of 'beauty and death, refined' reminded me /vividly/ of my response when I first saw Kurapika fight with his chains in the HXH anime, actually, and at the time I lacked the words to describe what it was like. You nailed it, exactly.
tastewithouttalent chapter 4 . 3/6
Oh my god how are they getting /better/ I am having some trouble handling it. I honestly think this is my favorite one so far though I'm not entirely sure why. I think it might be the unstated idea of Leorio hoarding the pieces of Kurapika he can get, especially the physical mementos, that's hitting me so hard. Very, very pretty, and elegantly executed to boot.
tastewithouttalent chapter 3 . 3/6
Wow, this is really pretty too, and less hopelessly depressing than the first two (although that might just be the 'bright coin' effect). Your writing is really stunning and I am a sucker for seven-deadly-sin tropes, and your execution of these is utterly flawless thus far.
tastewithouttalent chapter 2 . 3/6
Oo. This hurts like Gluttony did but it's got sharper edges. Again, your last line is really stunning, and Kurapika's rejoinder cuts so deep I actually hissed while reading it. And it's fitting that Pride should be sharper and also less desolate than Gluttony, somehow, in my head.
tastewithouttalent chapter 1 . 3/6
Wow, good lord, this first chapter has sold me on all the rest of them preemptively. This is really upsetting in the best way, and as Kurapika so often is, and you've really pinned down the tragedy implicit (or frequently implicit) in this particular relationship. "Suicidal kisses" is particularly evocative, I am going to be thinking about that for a while :)
Bushwah chapter 7 . 9/7/2013
That relationship does seem like it would have a fair amount of... well, sin involved. It's fascinating to see how you've done this. Thank you.
Kimnd chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
Daaang
Kurapika
Nice comeback dude! Up top.
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 7 . 7/2/2012
You can't imagine how much I appreciate the fluffier note this series end on here. I especially like Gon's cameo. :) Sometimes they can steal a moment of happiness after all.
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 6 . 7/2/2012
So, I'm blushing now. I love how subtle you are with these...erm...delicate scenes, by the way. I love the way they not only try to lie to each other but to themselves as well.
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 5 . 7/2/2012
Wow, the line about how he would always look at peace were it not for the massacre was insightful! Kurapika's anger is such a defining factor of his character, I can't imagine him without last line, too, was particularly poignant! Another excellent installment!
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 4 . 7/2/2012
"Every time he visits Leorio, he comes away lighter from the he means that literally. Not that Leorio somehow lightens his spirit, eases the load for awhile. He means Leorio takes things from him." I laughed for like ten whole minutes at this one! Good one! Oh, but that end got me. A stolen kiss then he asked for him not to go. Oh, my heart is breaking along with poor Leorio's! "A part of himself he never meant to give away had been taken..." Waaaaaaah! So beautiful and sad!
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 3 . 7/2/2012
Hm, this one was different! I like it, though. I had never really thought about Kurapika in that light. Those four truly are a family, though!
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 2 . 7/2/2012
So, I forgot this is one of my favorites too. Oh, screw it, they are all amazing, and I can't single one out as the best! Sheesh, I imagine that's how the first time would be too! I laughed out loud at this one! Those two are both so stubborn and hot tempered! Oh, and the line about pride. You nailed it. And the end...so powerful and deep!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »