Reviews for The Consuming Darkness
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
This is beautiful.
Mairi chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I loved this story and the exploration of Miriel. It's very good writing, particularly the description of her anguish at the end. Well done.
Hellga chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Interesting and refreshing angle to look at it. A bit overdramatic for my taste, but well written nonetheless. My only problem with it is that it would be utterly unrealistic. The distances and the timing are impossible from canon and common logic point of view - Romenna was many miles from Armenelos, not a matter of a couple hours ride, the ships would have sailed by the time the ground was shaking so much, and due to her age, her children would have been adult by then. Also, why would super-noble Elendil then become king rather than heirs of the elder branch? Still, it was a good idea to look at it from this angle - I don't think I have seen anyone attempt to introduce children into the story.
Enelya chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
This is sad, but lovely. It's interesting to see Miriel having children, since as Alquawende said most fics show her having none. I like this version of Miriel, a strong woman who knows she cannot escape her fate, but rebelling against her husband despite it. Very nice, and it fits in with the canon with barely a hitch.

~Enelya
Alquawende chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
This is so beautiful... I liked the idea that you gave her children because in many others she and Pharazon had no children. They are so innocent in here that it makes me wonder what happened to them. Do you think you could write another short one that explains what happens to them? The Miriel in here is a strong woman that has turned bitter and it is so nice to understand how she feels about everything.

Thanks for writing!