Reviews for War of the Poses
Yuriski-1st chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
...Someone is spending a little too much time with her mother it seems...
24isover chapter 4 . 6/11/2008
i like this so far. i love the cassie/selina interaction (mentoring). it really is long overdue. i hope there's more.

intriguing plot so far. i always love it when the jla gets involved. so much more opportunity for nuance, especially in how they perceive the bat/cat relationship.
Kimberly T chapter 8 . 5/17/2008
Now this was one fine story! In fact, I just have to say it was a World's Finest story!

(grins, ducks) Sorry, but I hadda say it!

This story ROCKED, from start to finish. If I'd been reading it as each chapter was posted, I would probably have been cursing at the cliffhanger chapter endings and screaming for you to write faster, even though I know that Quality can't be rushed.

Besides capturing the essences of Bruce and Selina as perfectly as you always do, this story's Superman was SO Clark, and Lois was SO Lois... Here's hoping for more teamups in the future of this series!

Hopefully including, someday, a flashback story that gives us all the details of Lex's downfall in the Cat-Tales universe. Because what DC showed its fans was just So Not Right. When faced with that tripe as the official record, Lex Luthor himself would demand that the real story be told!
Wispr chapter 5 . 3/26/2008
The bit about Cassie getting stuck in the museum was hilarious! Really enjoying her character and I think it's cool that Catwoman has started teaching her some Cat stuff. I know probably not in her future but Cassie would make a cute Catgirl crime fighter!

Wispr
Wispr chapter 8 . 3/26/2008
Again another fantastic plot line... very twisted but also very believable. Awesome writing! The character quirks are so very real!

Wispr
jadedrache chapter 8 . 2/19/2008
fucking amazing. that's all there is to say!
araiday chapter 8 . 2/12/2008
Clark is learning - no mention of the "M Word" around Bruce or Selina this time around. Good for him...unless I missed it somewhere then I take it back. Fun story - anything where either Ra's or Lex are FOILED AGAIN is a delight for me. Luckily it happens so often. I do confess I am confused about Selina's skirted costume. I know I recall in her dimension hopping she expressed surprise that her outfit had a cape. Now in this story she's got a cape. Am I off track or just a quibbling fangirl? ;)
Meh chapter 8 . 2/10/2008
Wow. I can't believe you're still writing this 7 years later. I remember stumbling on Cats Tales back when 10 was the newest one, followed up to 30ish, and now you have this many? My hats off to you, I applaud your dedication to the story, which I have always enjoyed. Thanks for the great work. :)
Lone Wolf8 chapter 8 . 2/5/2008
This was a GREAT one, Chris.

One of my favorites in a long while! This had everything, it had the laughs, it had the feline wit, and it had the classic super hero fun.

A very nice touch at the end too, made me think of the end of Batman Begins with the joker playing card. "...button he unconsciously pushed by mistake was 2."

Cheers, dear, you put forth one hell of a wonderful story this time!
RobinofYJ chapter 8 . 2/1/2008
Another great story, and a new mystery! Can't wait to find out more about this secret.
t wrecks chapter 8 . 1/30/2008
Purrfect. Waiting for the Harvey Dent saga. Hope he doesn't flip
CalliopeMused chapter 8 . 1/30/2008
Oh my.

I really should have been studying, but... wow. Every time I thought I was done cracking up, it got better. You do drama brilliantly, but I'm quite partial to the humor.

"It's called telephones," destination Batcave, pranking said cave, phone tracer, Harley Quinn, and then- just when I thought you might be done- "kidnapping Lois" as a useful plan. The stories fit together perfectly, as well. You've set up the something with Batman and Superman, the Iceberg-substitute is still in place, and Harvey Dent and the twos.

I have no idea how you pull it off every time. If I didn't love the series so, I'd be lime green. Riddler-green. It's probably for the best that the admiration exceeds the envy, because chartreuse doesn't really suit anyone. (Sorry, Eddie.)
ussentinel chapter 8 . 1/30/2008
(continued) ... served for breakfast on Thursday at Arkham, the color of the flash in transporter (blue-gray), Leland's patient schedule, and ... well, I always did kinda suspect the color of the cell phone, but this cinched it.

I may be mistaken, but this was a particularly long teaser for you. That was quite some set-up. I literally said "wha...?" PLEASE keep it up! THANKS!
ussentinel chapter 8 . 1/30/2008
*jaw drops* What a delicious blend of hilariousness and drama. You're so talented! I don't know how you managed to come up with the transporter scenes. I really envisioned Luthor's face wretched in frustration. Great job in the opening scene with describing getting to Luthor's hideaway. As usual, this chapter had numerous little details sprinkled in that I love: the rogues gallery list, what's served for breakfast on Thursd
CRose chapter 7 . 1/28/2008
Heh, this is one of the few stories where I'll have to go back and read it from the beginning to catch all the little plot points once it's finished. A very interesting chapter, that monkey is going to jump out and attack someone. Plastic man needs a monkey attack. :D