Reviews for Beauty for Ashes
Qatzol chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Seems poor Snape can never have a happy ending ,but he wouldnt be Snape otherwise.
Katrina Marie Lupin chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Beautiful! I'm sorry, but I don't buy Snape really being dead. He's just too clever and well-informed and prepared (potions/poisons expert and a Death Eater for HOW long?) for it to end that simply. She leaves it open just enough that he'd get out, and I do believe he's still out there, somewhere...

But you really bring out the Tonks ship so well! Love the story! Beautifully written, keep it up!
DaniDM chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I got bored this afternoon and went hunting old archives of one of my favorite writers. I haven't seen this one before. Nice work. I hated that JKR killed of my favorite character. It's good to see him still up and about. :)

Herbologist chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I love "Snape survives" stories. The idea with the phoenix tears works well. But what a sad ending! I wonder, will Snape eventually find love?
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I'm putting together a C2, and I just knew you had something that was Post-DH wherein Snape survived. I didn't know what it would be, but, as I expected, it was beautiful, simply beautiful. If you have a problem with me collecting it for Severus Snape Survival Stories, send me a line, but in any case, this was great. Love it.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Well written. Though I wanted to throw up at the thought of Snape and Tonks together. Not an image I will ever try to imagine, lol.
ModernScribe chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
You just have to feel sorry for Snape. It's like he is genetically programmed to be unhappy. He loves two women who both go and marry his enemies, and then die when he had the chance of protecting them. I mean come on! You should write an epilogue or something where Snape meets a really nice woman from this town, falls in love with her, and finally marries her. He can have two daughters and name one Lilly and one Nymphadora. Actually take out that daughter part. That would be too weird and he really needs to move on. I have to say though, this story is definitely my favorite from the whole NT/SS story line. It seemed to have the most raw emotion and strength. The other stories were good, but this was far better. Like a Nimbus 2001 compared to a Firebolt. This one showed a side of Snape we'd never seen before. I'm also glad you stayed cannon.
dad chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I've been impressed by how prolific and consistent your writing has been, they all have been enjoyable, but this one is particularly poignant and touching, your best work yet.

I don't see how you could possibly follow this thread further,

but I'll look forward to your other stories.

It seems you must write daily, when others have a problem posting even every couple month, so thank-you for that too.

It's most frustrating to read good stories that don't get finished,

even after years. I wish Authors would at least post a final synopsis or summary of the rest of the story, even if they have abandoned a work or site.
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I love the idea that Snape survives. After all, JKR just sort of left him there, and what's he supposed to do in the beyond, anyway? The great love of his life is with HER great love.

Is there an actual genre with this, or would I be stepping on toes to submit my own story with this premise?
vintagejgc chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Oh! Beautifully written and so very, very sad. Poor, lonely Severus.
Adrienne Wolf chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Oh how I wish I had read this sweetly-sad story in the privacy of my bedroom rather than at work with my mother. I'm crying now and how sweet and sad that is. I likely need to go compose myself now, but yet again, good work. Thank you for replying to my other reviews as well.
Alex the Anachronistic chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I have read exactly one other Snape/Tonks before, and for some reason it holds a strange and melencholy charm. I don't know what it is. Quite delightful.
Dark Rose of Heaven chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
*SOB* First I saw Titanic and cried my eyes out, and now I come and read this! Beautiful, but too sad for me at the moment. How's Chasing angelina coming along? :D

DaniDM chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Oh, now that was beautiful.

Good way to end the series.
Nicole Borgin chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
I actually cried... Great work!