Reviews for Friends and Lovers
charmony chapter 10 . 8/1/2012
River to the rescue! Loved how you played this out and I'm so glad that Niska is finally dead. To date, that is still one of my least favourite Firefly episodes. Glad that the baby is safe too. Well done!
librarywitch chapter 10 . 8/18/2008
Had me worried there. Thanks for killing that Niska, that sob sure needed killin. Also thanks for the new story. There was some glich so I'm not sure the reveiw went through. It was a good one too, of course.
koiia-halo chapter 10 . 3/25/2008
I laughed when River kept saying the thing about the monster's under the bed for some reason... Brutus got what he deserved along with Niska! 'Bout time that old man died!

Yay! Zoe & Jim! :D Time to read the next.
Whyt Wulf chapter 10 . 11/10/2007
Absolutely amazing, as usual. I was practically on the edge of my seat the whole time! I can't wait until the next installment in your 'Verse. (Wish I had time to work on mine!) :)
CanadianAbby chapter 10 . 11/6/2007
Oh wow, another one finished. Amazing as always :)

Niska's death was written well. You got the characters down perfectly. Got another one brewing in that brainpan of yours?
jane0904 chapter 10 . 11/6/2007
Thank goodness they all survived! Even Badger, who makes my skin crawl but is always a good laugh. I was worried you were going to do something like letting Brutus take River, but I really should have known better. And until the BSR is up and running again, I feel like I've been privileged to see the future! Thanks so much.
Stellarsiren chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
Nice! Good work:) Had me a mite worried with it being Niska... Hoping to see more from you soon:D
meepscrawler chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
Yes! So happy now, that things ended okay. I'm still grieving for Wash, so I'm kinda rebelling against the idea of Jim, but it's getting hard not to warm up to the fellow.
MAndrews chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
Good conclusion. And I know this may sound like an odd compliment for a Mal/River centric universe, but I really like how you do Simon.
edenfalls81 chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
Another great arc just like always! Really enjoyed this one, but you're right it was nerve wracking. I'm excited to read more from you.
The Sugarfaerie chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
Wow, TWO chapters to read! And what chapters!

Niska and Brutus were suitably nasty, and Mal managed to get in a few nice quips even when he was about to be tortured. A very 'Mal' thing to do. River saving the day was cool! You managed to get her character and her wacky way of speaking down perfectly.

Zoe and Jim were very sweet. I like how you didn't rush their relationship, but kept it realistic. It's good that Zoe has the chance to heal now.

I hope that you'll write more fics after this, because I'd like to find out what happens next.
CanadianAbby chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
Squee! I came back to a few new chapters. Happy times. You've got me hooked so bad to your story. I love how little Adam tried so hard to help his parents. I like where you're taking the Jayne/Inara storyline.

Anxiously awaiting your next chapter.
Duk92 chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
I'm going crazy! This story is soo good! _
The Sugarfaerie chapter 8 . 11/4/2007
So I'm searching 'round the site, procrastinating from having to write fiendishly difficult essays, and I see an update on a fic I only just started to read today.

Needless to say, I was surprised. I seem to have good timing.

Anyway, I liked this chapter. Still getting used to the Inara/Jayne pairing, but it was nice that you went into it a bit more and explained it. I'm liking the developing Zoe/Jim pairing. If she can't be with Wash... Jim's feelings for Zoe are cute.

I think the dialogue is one of the best features of this fic. It's believable, snappy and the characters actually speak like they do in the series. Speech and dialogue are some of the fundemental parts of characterisation, and it's so often forgotten, so it's nice to see dialogue done well.
The Sugarfaerie chapter 7 . 11/4/2007
No, you can't end there! I have to find out what happens...

I've never read a Mal/River before (mainly because Zoe's my fave character and I've only recently become a Firefly fan), but I found it interesting. You're really good at keeping them all in character. I like!