Reviews for The Last Spartan
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 37 . 8/10/2013
Awesome story loved it
envielestrange chapter 37 . 10/9/2011
this is wonderful. I love AUs and semi-AUs well constructed and sound backstories as it's not really a simple thing to find.

Also very hard to find are adventure stories that do not get boring after the third sentence. I'm going to read the next fic right now (it's Spartan's Quest, am I right?).

Although the thing that keep nagging me was the wacky latin of online translators. I know, 99% of the readers won't notice it and I know, it's not really THAT important. But for those who studied even just the ABC of the language (I was VERY bad at school in latin) it sounds awful creepy to read romantic scenes between Jayne/Janus and River and have him referring to her with male gender. O_O

Meus Rosea actually should be Mea Rosa or it really would like Janus is talking to a guy.

And with that about every single other phrase in latin is wrong...

I really don't want to be the annoying kind, but it really bothered me! ç_ç I can't help!

(... also "Spartans" is "Lacedaemonii, orum" but I see how that's not really useful in a narrative way.)
Mikhyel chapter 34 . 5/6/2011
Somehow, as soon as we got any of the Director's thoughts at the beginning of this chapter, I just knew that it was Neethos.
jenefaner chapter 37 . 4/2/2011
Okay...first off let me say, I LOVE authors that get carried away witha great plot. This story was not only good, but LONG, and in FanFic, I ADORE that!

I chose this for the Rayne. When I first started reading it, i noticed the Kaylee Jayne thing, and I HATED IT! lol

Then of course, came the Rayne, and *whew. Much better. ;)

I took me a while to get over Jayne talking all proper, or like a Core boy. Buuuut...it still worked.

You made the sexiest guy on that show a freaking vampire! UH, YEA! lol

LOVE this. Definate favorites. Now, excuse me while I get into the sequel. (*SQUEE, sequel! :D )
Song of Scrios chapter 37 . 2/3/2011
yes! I have finally finished reading this supermegafoxyawesomehot story! (even tho avpm has nooooooooo connection with firefly whatsoever XD)
carick of hunter moon chapter 37 . 11/16/2010
A very well craft story of an AU firefly verse (but with the flavour of firefly) with a nice take on Jayne and his background with some very good plot hooks and an interesting story line all in all a very good read.
goddessofbirth chapter 37 . 10/15/2010
I finally got a chance to sit and read this! It was very enjoyable. Obviously they're not really 'canon' River and Jayne, but it was a super fun AU to explore. Having written a couple of oneshots with immortal!Jayne and being about to embark on a trilogy of stories exploring that idea in a different way, I appreciate seeing how others have fleshed the concept out. Hopefully I'll soon have a chance to read the sequel you've written:)
basaltone chapter 37 . 9/13/2010
Thanks so much for your story. It was a whole new take on vampires that I really wasn't expecting. I am glad you let Mal redeem himself in the end. I didn't want to hate him, but he made it tough there for a while. I am looking forward to the sequel just as I am looking forward to the new Shade story that is in progress now. I am not letting myself read it just yet because I have no patience with the really great stories. Happy Writing.
Sulia Serafine chapter 16 . 5/10/2010
As much as I do like this story, I can't help but feel a persistent nagging feeling at how OOC Mal is. The rest of the crew have been set up as fluffy buffer to River and Jayne. I see that the story needs an antagonistic force, otherwise it would be flat, but singling out Mal to act so belligerently sticks out like a sore thumb.

Let me say again that I do really enjoy this story and the writing, but I'd be neglect not to speak my mind on this.
MikasaKirstein chapter 11 . 9/8/2009
Still great. Only I have to take a break in reading for the time being. Added it to favorites!
MikasaKirstein chapter 5 . 9/8/2009
". .hic. . .scuesh me" -favorite part of the whole chapter.
MikasaKirstein chapter 4 . 9/8/2009
:) I really have no doubts I'm going to enjoy this story right to the end.
MikasaKirstein chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
Good chapter. I like the way you're going with this story, and with Jayne even though he's seeming to be a lot different than the Jayne we all know and love. :) I can't wait to read more! (and I love how it's his use with the swords that gets River all hot and bothered!)
MikasaKirstein chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
You caught my attention quite well with this first chapter. My guess is that Janos is Jayne! (Also, you'll probably be getting reviews on every chapter. Just a warning.)
verkisto chapter 37 . 7/26/2009
Once again, a fabulous journey. Thanks so much. I'm exhausted and happy. ;-)