Reviews for Recovery
Firebird Scratches chapter 10 . 2/11
Yay, the family is back together again :) Great job!
Jules chapter 10 . 9/8/2014
Serious and sweet, just what I needed. I loved all the 'slice of life' scenes. Young Turtle flashbacks are so precious! Mikey trying to grow up fast and hard was something I haven't read before. You could probably do a whole fic just with that! Anyway, many thanks! :)
princessebee chapter 10 . 4/18/2014
I reread this today and just cried a lot.
Chocolate369 chapter 10 . 6/29/2013
Wow. This has got to be the most amazing post The Shredder Strikes Back story I have ever read. Words cannot do it justice!
Smile or else chapter 10 . 2/21/2013
OMG, I LOVED THIS STORY!

It was so good! I cried at parts and I was rolling on the floor unable to stop laughing at others... alright, this review is getting really creepy really fast.

What I'm trying to say is great story :)
Flynne chapter 10 . 12/10/2012
I know this is an older story and you haven't posted anything new in a while, but I loved this so much I had to leave a review. Very well written, and a fantastic "fill-in-the-blank" story for everything the TV episodes didn't show. I've always thought they wrapped things up rather too easily - but it's a Saturday morning cartoon. We can only expect so much, I suppose. ;) This was great - characterization was spot-on, and the characters' reactions to circumstances were absolutely believable. I loved the interaction between the four turtles, and I liked the bit in chapter 8 where the guys understood what each of the others - Don in particular - went through. Thanks so much for sharing this!
rangermaid chapter 10 . 1/27/2012
Eeeeeee!

As an avid fan of the show since the third grade and an especially big fan of the 'Shredder Strikes Back' through 'Return to New York' arc, may I say that this version of their recovery was topnotch.

As a fellow writer and someone obsessed with character I must applaud you on the way you portrayed each brother and the in depth thought put into their insecurities. Mikey's change was refreshingly thoughtful and in a completely biased way, Raphael's taking care of Leo was...just amazing. So I'm a fangirl, sue me. The humor perfectly balanced the angst and no brother was ignored. Perfect.

May there be more stories like this :)
princessebee chapter 10 . 11/28/2011
This is such a lovely story!

There's a certain "immaturity" to the prose in comparison to your more recent works that indicates this is an earlier effort, but the powerful story, excellent characterisation and general extensive knowledge are all very much present.

IT's a wonderful idea in so many ways and really excellently executed... I love that you have Raphael once again stepping up to the challenge... the Turtle who won't ever give in... Mikey's obsessiveness feels very much in character, even as it's so heartbreaking (incidentally I LOVE that you state he doesn't swear much - I think that's absolutely in character, as youth-culture influenced as he is, I just never buy it when he's given a potty-mouth) and Don's withdrawal is true to form. Leo's self-imposed isolation and lack of motivation are very believable and make him the truly 3D character he is, with vulnerabilities and susceptibilites, as much as any of them.

The few little interactions with April were amazingly wonderful... I can always do with a few more of those! I like how the family's bond with her is depicted here, so important and vital.

All of the interactions and dialogue felt natural and real. I felt agony at them drifting apart, pride in Raphael for being the one to step up, and then joy that they found their way back to each other and in such a lovely way.

I think my one criticism - and it kinda applies to all your work - is that even as well as you write him, there just isn't enough Michelangelo. Sometimes he feels almost like an afterthought to your stories... you don't really spend as much time on his emotions and experiences as you do on the others. I also note he's the only Turtle to not have a full story centered around him. I feel like I very much did the same with Donatello in my work - as much as I love him I just never felt comfortable writing him. I don't know if that's what it is for you, but I think you handle him excellently and would just love to see him have more of a starring role sometime.
tmntlover2013 chapter 10 . 2/25/2011
Great job on the story I liked it alot, keep up the good work and keep on writing.
Strgrl4eva chapter 10 . 3/21/2010
Oh my god! That was soo cute! XD I was awwing and giggling and grinning like a nut. :D I defiantly loved it. How could I not? It was magnificently written; the details... incredible. Leo angst, that's always a plus. XD Just keep doing whatever your doing because obviously your doing something right.
raphfreak chapter 10 . 12/7/2008
I'm all for another chapter. I enjoy this fic a lot. Good job
tFantasyFan chapter 10 . 10/9/2008
This was definitely wonderful to read. You worded it so well, it all really flows together. Very powerful. I love that Raph was the one to really pull everybody back together, cause usually he's the guy doing the closed-off routine. You managed to take him out of character while keeping him perfectly in character, you know? Excellent work.
Kallasilya chapter 10 . 6/13/2008
... How, how, HOW have I not read your stuff before? After all your wonderful reviews on my story, I could've sworn that I'd swung by your profile page at least once, but alas, it's taken me this long.

And I'm so very glad I did.

Every single character has their moment(s) to shine in this. You managed to develop their personalities so much and take the four of them to new places, without ever giving the slightest hint of OCness. It was completely real - the TMNT scriptwriters should consider hiring you. Seriously!
Koriat Cyredanthem chapter 10 . 3/9/2008
This was great! Thanks for the reviews on mine, too. I loved how they bonded together in the end. And how Raph linked with Master Splinter. That was amazing!
authoroftherose chapter 10 . 1/12/2008
I love your story! It was sweet and touching. Somtimes it is really hard to find a good Raph/leo brotherly fic. i must say this one is one of the tops!