Reviews for The Doctor's Doctor
mynamemattersnot chapter 8 . 7/17/2013
I read all eight chapters, I got into the story, I got deeply emersed in the words and I find that this hasn't been updated since 2009. I am so utterly disappointed in you. It's an amazing story filled with emotion and shows House in different ways without breaking his character. It's brilliant. It was like a movie in my brain. There is not much more I could have hoped for in a single fanfiction. It was an absolute work of art and you NEVER finished it. You NEVER finished it and I won't rest easy until you do.
TetraFish06 chapter 8 . 11/8/2009
Very nice and heartfelt between House and Wilson
Jisa chapter 8 . 4/5/2009
Aw! That was a really sweet chapter!
Jisa chapter 7 . 2/27/2009
Aw! Love the story! XD
Heidinanookie chapter 4 . 11/16/2008
I didn't see the spot where House's mother learns that House and Wilson are a couple... That's another of those things you need to make clearer. Did she know beforehand(Which I seriously doubt)? Or did she notice when Wilson came over to the sofa to hold House? Or did one of the two TELL her and I didn't see it because I have such a difficult time making sense of all those hacked-up quotes?

I thought House hasn't seen his mother in ages and didn'T have much contact with her. How can she be so close to him? And how can she not be surprised of Wilson telling House "I love you" and hugging him and all that? She has to show SOME reaction at least, and be it only awkward silence. You don't get to see a gay couple acting out their love every day.

sorry if this sounds harsh but I hope I can help you with my comments to make you story better. Getting a beta-reader is high on my list of recommendations. Also, running a spelling-check with whatever text program you're using would be helpful.

heidi
Heidinanookie chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Uhm yes, the show IS accurate! In fact, it’s even accurate enough that they use it to teach medicine students using the series! There’s a new course starting in November at a German university where students have to diagnose fictional patients by watching House.

Anyway, your story is both good and bad… well, were writing style is considered. Bad because especially the quotes are all jumbled. No punctuation marks, only half-finished sentences that make absolutely no sense half the time… If you want to recreate a realistic form of speech, containing said half-finished sentences, you HAVE to use punctuations marks to separate them! Otherwise it’s nearly impossible to make sense of the speech. Another thing are the typos. Sometimes there are random letters sitting around in the text and at other times I’ve got real trouble figuring out which word you might have meant because its phonetic spelling or something. Both the quoting problem and the typos are considerably slowing down the reading process but can easily be mended by a beta-reader.

What I really like, on the other hand, is the emotions in the story. They come across as very real. My heart is bleeding every time House breaks down. I get this strange tingling sensation in my fingers and the region of my heart which indicates strong emotional resonance to your written words. That’s rare and I want to congratulate you on managing to write something like that.

Btw, I wrote an x-files fanfiction with a similar story line than what Wilson says to House in chap. 1: “I will do everything I can for you, to save your life, make you better, and if we ever get to the point where I—where—if you ever…I’ll do. I promise to let you go, if things ever get to that point.”

It’s a well-known plot-line to me, but still unbearably painful to read.

heidi
Riku-Aura777 chapter 6 . 4/8/2008
This story is really, really, really good. I've loved House for years, but I'm new to reading the fanfiction for it, mostly because I just never thought to do it before.

Anyway, I definitely think this is the best one I've read, and probably will be. It's well written, has an excellent plot, and I'm loving House and Wilson in it.

I hope you'll update this sometime.
Emi1988 chapter 6 . 11/28/2007
Not bad but how is this going to work out? FINISH SOON!
CatGirl04 chapter 5 . 11/13/2007
Updates. Yeah. I can't believe I was up at 4am looking to see if anything was new. Okay, I actual get up at 5am to get ready for work, but yeah. I'm so enjoying this story. Loved the moment with House and Wilson. I wish I could have persuaded my Mom to go with the weed when she had Cancer. Its seems to run in my family, so I've dealth with it a lot. Sucks a lot. Keep going.
CatGirl04 chapter 4 . 11/11/2007
Sorry. I thought I had reviewed this. Considering that I've reread the all four chapters several times, its amazes me. I just wanted to say I was enjoying the story. Trying not to say anything that will stop the creative flow by being all demanding. Anyhoo, that all. Hope things are good for you.
WhirledPiece17 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
WOW! Very nicley done. Poor poor House. I hope he knows deep down that he is not a screw-up. It breaks my heart all these angsty stories I am reading. I need happiness...but that. Your story is beautiful!
Sokerchick chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
You have some really great concepts but the plot line is really hard to follow sometimes. I feel like it's more stream of conciousness than anything. Possibly putting the story in third person rather than trying to write it from Wilson's POV may help with that.

I hope you keep writing b/c you have a lot of potential!
sloopy chapter 3 . 11/6/2007
Not a bad story, though I do think House is somewhat out of character. You've done a better job with Wilson. I think you may be changing Houses fundamental character too much. I've known several people who have died of cancer and though the illness changed there view point on some things, it didn't change who they basically were as people.

You should probably re-read your story as I noticed severally grammatical errors as well as wrong word usage too. I hope this is helpful to you.
Emi1988 chapter 2 . 11/1/2007
Aw how cute! Confusing a bit but cute none the less...Update soon!
CatGirl04 chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Oh another story. Okay, I'm so there for this and anything else you write. I'm such a sucker for a good House story. This looks good. So few authors that are my faves but when you find one, well you gotta go with them.