Reviews for Things That Go Whump in the Night
Margaret chapter 6 . 8/11
Ohhh I didn't want it to end so soon! You had just gotten into the whole team thing and John hurt/comfort thing but good job with all the writing!
Harmne chapter 6 . 3/29/2013
I'm finding it a little disturbing that you've found so MANY unique and horrid ways to torture poor John Sheppard! Your stories are great, though, and at least you have good endings!

I understand you like "whump", but I think just once you should write a story where maybe everyone ELSE gets the whump and John gets maybe a bruise or a paper cut - while saving everyone else, of course. If nothing else the ending could be funny - the complete amazement by everyone in the infirmary when John says "I'm fine" and actually IS...! LOL!
LAIsobel chapter 6 . 4/11/2009
Good story, very interesting :o)
RFPegasus chapter 6 . 3/4/2009
Hi thereā€¦ I am new over here. I got in love with Atlantis last year and started watching as much as I could. I got all the 5 seasons and watched like crazy. I felt really sorry and mad when they canceled the series. But then, I found your stories. I read this one and confess I could not stop reading. You have a gift. The idea and the way you write are so perfect. Thank you so much to share with us. I loved this story so much. I like some Sheppard whump, but there are some stories around that are just insane with the "gratuitous"... but the whump you created was necessary to the story. I loved the way you put Teyla in first place besides Sheppard was the one in trouble. (I am Sheyla) Please, write more. Thank you again.
Duffy chapter 6 . 9/19/2008
Oh man, this was AWESOME. Total whumpaholic here, and you captured Shep's pain in a way that left me panting right along with him. The Teyla POV was fantastic, and the way everyone handled the crisis rang very true. Please, please write more like this!
pdljmpr6 chapter 6 . 8/2/2008
Very interesting fic, and well written - I know this because I rarely read fics that center on Teyla and leave Ronon mostly absent - so this mustv'e been REALLY good. Very beleivable as well, as far as the medical stuff. The only continuty thing I saw was that, I thought everything in the event horizen got vaporized when the gate activated, thus no tree problem, but I don't know for sure and stuff like that doesn't really bother me too much.

In any case, good job. Look forward to more from you.

pj
Space1Traveler chapter 6 . 3/27/2008
Great, great story. I love the village back drop and the village shaman. He was so cool! Thanks for the story, its a keeper.
Juliana chapter 6 . 12/3/2007
What a wonderfull story! Your carachterisation is impecable. I loved it. And the way you describe how John "binds" everybody he loves close to hime... very very accurate. Thanks for your great and insightfull story!
Eildon Rhymer chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
I read this one last weekend, but didn't get around to sending feedback at the time. (Sorry!) I loved this one. I didn't think it was gratuitous one little bit. Gratuitous is whump for no reason. This was whump used as a means to explore and to develop the characters - and did so excellently. I'm envious of your ability to write a whole story from Teyla's viewpoint, and pull it off so well. She's the team member that I find the hardest to write.

And I did so love Rodney's "I told you I'm no good with people" line. That was such a perfect way to end that chapter.
Dr. Scott chapter 6 . 11/8/2007
Fantastic story and nice elaboration on the episode. Really enjoied Teyla's POV. Keep on writing, you have a great touch with dialog. Lookign forward to your next offering!
janib chapter 6 . 11/8/2007
Just found this when searching for something else. Wow, what can i say, this was a very powerful story with lots of tension and genuine concern that John would get worse before he got better.
Stargate Groupie chapter 6 . 11/7/2007
Wow, what a great ending to a thrilling tale! I enjoyed reading this from Teyla POV; you did an excellent job with writing from her perspective. Thanks for this awesome ride!
glocap chapter 2 . 11/7/2007
Whoa! Poor Rodney, Poor Teyla and most of all, poor Sheppard. It's a good thing Ronon's not with them because then it would be poor him too. Although knowing Ronon's his imagination is probably going into overdrive during his run back to the gate.

Poor Team.
glocap chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I'm loving this - a Shep whump story with a twist - told from Teyla's POV. You've captured Teyla's voice well and it's good to see you delve into several issues from the recent episodes, such as how unsettled the Team must be feeling because of the recent changes, and it's interesting to see how Sheppard may be dealing with the after effects of that crystal entity in Doppleganger. I also love seeing Rodney and Ronon through Teyla's eyes.
samarie chapter 6 . 11/7/2007
Loved it! I think that you captured everyone's emotions and everything very well in this. I am glad john is better now, you had me worried there for awhile! lol

Thanks for sharing this one!