Reviews for Lost
Guest chapter 22 . 2h
OH MY GOODNESS YOU UPDATED. I WAITED SO LONG. BEAUTIFUL STORY. BEAUTIFUL EVERYTHING. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
MrsMargaret chapter 22 . 5h
I started reading "Lost" only recently and could not stop reading until I had finished chapter 21.
You had me hooked immediately with your first line "The survivors of the slaughter huddled together at the edge of the forest as dawn broke overhead - Chingachgook, his two sons and the Munro sisters."
I am definitely no expert of life on the American Frontier in 18th century, but if reading many books (I love J.F. Cooper) and watching several movies plus having some common sense counts for anything I would say, "Lost" tells the story of Alice and Uncas finding their road to happiness in a believable and realistic way. It is an amazing story, written in a wonderful language and with great care for the characters (to me you nailed all the cannon characters straight to the point and your OCs are awesome - I especially adore the Stewarts, Tankawun and Stephen- and very well written).

Although I think Alice and Uncas did share a strong bond right from the beginning, they are definitely no couple who just almost died for each other and then living happily ever after. In fact I think a love like theirs must have been assumed outrageous back then, as you have described very well in later chapters. Also it feels absolutely natural to me seeing both of them struggling with their feelings for each other and torn between their upbringing, tradition, expectations from others and and the love they held for each other in their hearts. Your description and development of these aspects of their arc is done very thoughtful and with great empathy for the characters. Even if it nearly broke my heart on occasion, I admire these parts of the story, because they are so important.
As I admire the way you had Alice evolve and grow up and becoming a mature young woman, able to stand her ground and earn her keep on her own (loved her support of Cora and Nathaniels wedding and how she dealt with the English officers). She has gone a long way since she has been the girl dressed "So, do not get lost." (Uncas at the end of chapter 2). Very well done character development!

I truly enjoyed every word of this wonderful story, but I think chapter 10 and chapter 13 are my favorites. Chapter 10 because there is certain beauty in its sadness/desperation and I agree with Robert Frost comparison of desire and fire. For Alice Uncas rejection must have hurt like the fires of hell. And chapter 13, well I assume, you can guess why. The cabin scene, Uncas confessing his love to
Alice in his personal and absolutely adorable "Uncas-way" will hold a special place among my all time favorite scenes of declarations of love.
There many intense emotions transpiring throughout this story, not just between Alice and Uncas, also concerning other characters. But I think in chapter 10 and 13 you did an outstanding job by evolving highly intense, emotional and very touching scenes - I am absolutely in love with these.
And then there is, of course, THE scene in chapter 20 - highly enjoyable and I admire your ability to write such a scene in a appropriate way without overdoing or overstressing things. While reading I simply felt happy for them and especially for Alice.
And I also decided to try myself on making buttermilk biscuits soon, because this is such an adorable scene.

I also appreciate very much your way of working in quotes, sayings (wonderful the "What is life" saying of ch. 21) and clues on songs ("SallyS Song" really did fit and I enjoy Amy Lees voice very much).

"Lost" is an amazing and beautiful story and you are a truly gifted writer.
And even if we have not seen the storys conclusion yet, it gives a wonderful and absolute fitting tribute to the wonderful pairing of Alice and Uncas. Two young lovers who died for their love, but thankfully will live forever in our hearts and in wonderful stories like yours.

Although I did not have to wait for chapter 22 as long as other readers (because I found this story only recently), I am glad and grateful you are back! Thank you for putting all these efforts, passion and heart blood into this story! It is highly appreciated.

A few words about chapter 22: It is a fluent continuation to chapter 21 and I would never have guessed there is time gap in writing. Loved how you evolved Alice and somehow it occurs to me, her determination and resolution to do something about Nathaniels fate may hold some kind of conclusion for their special relation. Besides the relation between Alice and Uncas, the development of the relation between Alice and Nathanniel has been the most intriguing one to me.

I will spare you further babbling, hopefully I have been able to convey how much I love this story and how much I think it to be truly amazing!
yellowcallalilly chapter 22 . 18h
I'm sooooo happy to have you back Assiage! :) and... (of course) you gave us another wonderful chapter. Worth the waiting! I can see Alice is growing into a very determined woman and like this turn of events. Will she run into troubles in her attempt to help Nataniel? May be, but now she's strong enough to face them. Uncas will probably be mad at her for not "obeying" him but he will have to make up his mind and accept her for what she is. Not just a "cooking and cleaning" wife but a strong woman to have at his side, fighting with him, if needed. :) wellcome back!
MohawkWoman chapter 22 . 21h
Welcome back! Oh, I am so glad you have resumed this wonderful story! This is great! I love Alice's determination to say Nathaniel. She has adapted quite well to life in the wilderness, mending fences and tending to her own injured hand. And now she is taking off on her own rescue mission, making it a point to remember the landmarks she needs to follow. She is a good wife for Uncas, and has learned well from her husband! I am so looking forward to your next update, as I can't wait to find out what happens next! :)
I love this story SO much! I know it's been quite a few years since you have updated, but I was wondering if you have any plans of doing so. Such a beautiful story deserves an ending, right? :)
I know it's been awhile. I'm not sure if you've abandoned the story or not but please please update it. I love what you've done with their story.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/23/2014
Such a wonderful story, I've read the whole thing so far:) I know it hasn't been updated in years, but is there any hope of finding out what happened to Nathaniel? Such a tormenting cliffhanger D: excellent writing overall!
Anon chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Hiiiiii. I was just wondering if you're ever going to finish this story? I love it so so so so much and you left it on such a cliffhanger! I really hope you haven't lost your inspiration for writing, because you're so talented at it...it would be such a shame for Alice and Uncas' story to remain untold when so many readers are invested in them :)
Guest chapter 21 . 12/1/2014
AMAZING! I loved the whole story. I just couldn't stop reading! But could you PLEASE finish it? I'm dieing to know what will happen to Nathaniel, and everybody else!
Cgirlie24 chapter 21 . 10/9/2014
Really great job with this story! I really hope that you continue this shortly, I read it all in one day.

I thought you did a great job with details ao that reader can really be immersed into the story. Hope to see more soon, thank you for writing!
Namidaga Ochiru chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
OwO So sweet.
Namidaga Ochiru chapter 21 . 1/26/2014
Will there be more? I really like this story. :)
DearestAmy chapter 21 . 11/12/2013
Today I had a look at your profile and my mood lightened when I read you have not abondend "Lost" . I am really happy about that, because this story is wonderful and one of my absolute favourites. You made my day.
CelticGirl7 chapter 21 . 11/6/2013
One thing that I forgot to mentio. Last chapter was that I thoroughly enjoyed the scene of Edward in pain and Thomas mocking him. Very amusing and satisfying indeed. XD
Seriously, of someone could make fan art of this (particularly for the OCs) I would be very happy indeed.
The change of Alice from becoming timid to being too free is rather astonishing and also humerous. I wouldn't mind if you make some more references to the events of the movie again, since I still enjoy it's story. What's next the Hurons will be shown again? Probably unlikely, but it would bring great twists of Magua somehow coming back I to our character's lives. Great, now I'm shivering.
Drama still reigns over this story (again, like one of the best soap operas) and Nathaniel is still in captivity. I grimaced at Chingachook coming in (BUSTED!) and the image of a guilty Uncas is very amusing indeed. XD
Anyway, your story hasn't been updated in quite a while, but maye in the future that shall change. This has been a GREAT GREAT GREAT read and I thank you authoress of sharing yor creativity! :D
GOTTA GO! PEACE!
CelticGirl7 chapter 20 . 11/6/2013
I just started reading this Tory, and am one chapter away from finishing it! At the beginning I was a bit apprehensive, but I enjoyed chapter after chapter and marveled at your improvements on storytelling.

The OCs are all wonderful (except for the mean ones, since I just wanna give 'em a kick or punch XD) and I've come to love them and wish for their happiness as much as I wished for that of Uncas and Alice. This story reminded me of Little House on the Prairie and Amor Real (a wonderful historical Mexican telenovela) and was just as dramatic and great to read.

My favorite of your OCs has to be Tankawun (ironic, since at first glance of her appearance in earlier chapter I thought she had a different personality in mind XD), Annabel and James (What's NOT to love about this happy couple that I grinned like an idiot for at the happy news of their future member of their family), Hopocan (great Indian chief and definitely someone I would enjoy having a conversation with), Stephen (a boy I certainly could fall for), and even Anicus during this chapter.

One of the scenes that I enjoyed the most were the Lenapes on their mission to go to the fort. I laughed at their inexperience of sneaking and the bards exchange with one another and marveled at their will to rescue their friends. I wouldn't mind reading another scene like this!

Ad the Alice/Uncas pairing here. Seriously, they've gone through ,any things here, almost as much as some main couples would in some of the Hispanic soap operas my mother would watch! But this is good in my opinion, since I would be on edge, wishing that things will turn out the better for them. You've taken the possible outcome of life after the movie if these two lived and made it EVOLVE! I am impressed by how far this story and your writing talent has come.

I am envious of your talent, and actually would cook up ideas for my own LotM oneshot/story. But I know you would definitely surpass me. XD

Anyway, love the story, the scenes between their wonderful main couple here, and hope that Nathaniel will be rescued!

GOTTA GO! PEACE!