Reviews for Lost
lilopuckmeg chapter 22 . 9/26
This is great! Keep going! This one of my favorite A&U stories. love it!
I am hooked and I demand that you feed my addiction. :)
DecidedlyPositive chapter 22 . 8/8
Woooooooo you updated! There's nothing like waking up and finding that one of the most beautifully-crafted stories ever has been continued again :) I know all too well that life has a habit of getting busy, but as a reader I'm grateful that you found the time to keep going with this lovely tale of yours!

Honestly, I adored how this chapter really highlighted how far Alice has progressed in terms of her personality and regard for others. When I think back to the hesitant, prim Alice at the beginning of this story, and compare her to the intrepid, defiant Alice that we see now, I can't suppress a proud grin. There's something impressive about watching a character who was largely static in the original movie transform into an opinionated, brave woman, and you've achieved that in a wonderfully organic way in your writing. I can't wait to see how she plans on helping Nathaniel!

On a side note, I had a good chuckle at the beginning of the chapter. Poor Alice, being caught in such a state of undress by her father-in-law. Although she dealt with it with much more maturity than I would have haha.

I hate to include the dreaded plea of "UPDATE SOON!", but you'll have to forgive a bit of selfishness on my part for begging for another chapter. This really is one of my favorite stories, and I always anxiously await to see where you will take the readers next :)
Aspen14 chapter 4 . 8/4
I never read this story until now, and I'm happy to say I'm officially hooked! I still have a lot of reading to do before I get caught up (I'm only up to chapter 4) but I am enjoying every word of it! And at the rate I'm reading this, it won't take long for me to be up to speed on what's happening! Thanks for not abandoning this wonderful version of what happened to Uncas and Alice after the cliffs! I must confess that is one of the reasons I never read it before now, because I didn't want to read something that would stop in mid-story and I'd never find out how it ends. Thanks for continuing! Hooray! :)
tysk.valkyrja chapter 22 . 8/4
So i'm not gonna lie; when I saw the update, there were tears. I discovered this little gem three or four years ago now. Since then I've moved twice and had accepted that it would likely remain unfinished, that your life had taken a turn away from writing on ff dot net. Thank you so much for continuing this story.
Specifically to this chapter: your chapter endings always leave me wanting to read more! What will happen to Nathaniel? Will Alice arrive in time to make a difference? Will Chingachgook( I can't for the life of me get the spelling of his name right) or Uncas be angry with her for disobeying?
As always, this was beautifully written and I eagerly await the next update (and pray that it will come sooner than the last ;) )
Eilan21 chapter 22 . 8/3
So glad you're back! I've waited for so long for this wonderful story to be updated and I nearly gave up hopes... please continue it. I'm eager to learn what will happen to Nathaniel... update soon! ;)
pharlan25 chapter 22 . 8/3
Yeah! So excited to read this new chapter and so looking forward for more to come. I love this story so much and cannot wait to see how it continues to unfold! :)
MrsMargaret chapter 22 . 8/2
I started reading "Lost" only recently and could not stop reading until I had finished chapter 21.
You had me hooked immediately with your first line "The survivors of the slaughter huddled together at the edge of the forest as dawn broke overhead - Chingachgook, his two sons and the Munro sisters."
I am definitely no expert of life on the American Frontier in 18th century, but if reading many books (I love J.F. Cooper) and watching several movies plus having some common sense counts for anything I would say, "Lost" tells the story of Alice and Uncas finding their road to happiness in a believable and realistic way. It is an amazing story, written in a wonderful language and with great care for the characters (to me you nailed all the cannon characters straight to the point and your OCs are awesome - I especially adore the Stewarts, Tankawun and Stephen- and very well written).

Although I think Alice and Uncas did share a strong bond right from the beginning, they are definitely no couple who just almost died for each other and then living happily ever after. In fact I think a love like theirs must have been assumed outrageous back then, as you have described very well in later chapters. Also it feels absolutely natural to me seeing both of them struggling with their feelings for each other and torn between their upbringing, tradition, expectations from others and and the love they held for each other in their hearts. Your description and development of these aspects of their arc is done very thoughtful and with great empathy for the characters. Even if it nearly broke my heart on occasion, I admire these parts of the story, because they are so important.
As I admire the way you had Alice evolve and grow up and becoming a mature young woman, able to stand her ground and earn her keep on her own (loved her support of Cora and Nathaniels wedding and how she dealt with the English officers). She has gone a long way since she has been the girl dressed "So, do not get lost." (Uncas at the end of chapter 2). Very well done character development!

I truly enjoyed every word of this wonderful story, but I think chapter 10 and chapter 13 are my favorites. Chapter 10 because there is certain beauty in its sadness/desperation and I agree with Robert Frost comparison of desire and fire. For Alice Uncas rejection must have hurt like the fires of hell. And chapter 13, well I assume, you can guess why. The cabin scene, Uncas confessing his love to
Alice in his personal and absolutely adorable "Uncas-way" will hold a special place among my all time favorite scenes of declarations of love.
There many intense emotions transpiring throughout this story, not just between Alice and Uncas, also concerning other characters. But I think in chapter 10 and 13 you did an outstanding job by evolving highly intense, emotional and very touching scenes - I am absolutely in love with these.
And then there is, of course, THE scene in chapter 20 - highly enjoyable and I admire your ability to write such a scene in a appropriate way without overdoing or overstressing things. While reading I simply felt happy for them and especially for Alice.
And I also decided to try myself on making buttermilk biscuits soon, because this is such an adorable scene.

I also appreciate very much your way of working in quotes, sayings (wonderful the "What is life" saying of ch. 21) and clues on songs ("SallyS Song" really did fit and I enjoy Amy Lees voice very much).

"Lost" is an amazing and beautiful story and you are a truly gifted writer.
And even if we have not seen the storys conclusion yet, it gives a wonderful and absolute fitting tribute to the wonderful pairing of Alice and Uncas. Two young lovers who died for their love, but thankfully will live forever in our hearts and in wonderful stories like yours.

Although I did not have to wait for chapter 22 as long as other readers (because I found this story only recently), I am glad and grateful you are back! Thank you for putting all these efforts, passion and heart blood into this story! It is highly appreciated.

A few words about chapter 22: It is a fluent continuation to chapter 21 and I would never have guessed there is time gap in writing. Loved how you evolved Alice and somehow it occurs to me, her determination and resolution to do something about Nathaniels fate may hold some kind of conclusion for their special relation. Besides the relation between Alice and Uncas, the development of the relation between Alice and Nathanniel has been the most intriguing one to me.

I will spare you further babbling, hopefully I have been able to convey how much I love this story and how much I think it to be truly amazing!
yellowcallalilly chapter 22 . 8/1
I'm sooooo happy to have you back Assiage! :) and... (of course) you gave us another wonderful chapter. Worth the waiting! I can see Alice is growing into a very determined woman and like this turn of events. Will she run into troubles in her attempt to help Nataniel? May be, but now she's strong enough to face them. Uncas will probably be mad at her for not "obeying" him but he will have to make up his mind and accept her for what she is. Not just a "cooking and cleaning" wife but a strong woman to have at his side, fighting with him, if needed. :) wellcome back!
MohawkWoman chapter 22 . 8/1
Welcome back! Oh, I am so glad you have resumed this wonderful story! This is great! I love Alice's determination to say Nathaniel. She has adapted quite well to life in the wilderness, mending fences and tending to her own injured hand. And now she is taking off on her own rescue mission, making it a point to remember the landmarks she needs to follow. She is a good wife for Uncas, and has learned well from her husband! I am so looking forward to your next update, as I can't wait to find out what happens next! :)
I love this story SO much! I know it's been quite a few years since you have updated, but I was wondering if you have any plans of doing so. Such a beautiful story deserves an ending, right? :)
I know it's been awhile. I'm not sure if you've abandoned the story or not but please please update it. I love what you've done with their story.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/23/2014
Such a wonderful story, I've read the whole thing so far:) I know it hasn't been updated in years, but is there any hope of finding out what happened to Nathaniel? Such a tormenting cliffhanger D: excellent writing overall!
Anon chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Hiiiiii. I was just wondering if you're ever going to finish this story? I love it so so so so much and you left it on such a cliffhanger! I really hope you haven't lost your inspiration for writing, because you're so talented at would be such a shame for Alice and Uncas' story to remain untold when so many readers are invested in them :)