Reviews for In the Light of the Sun
QueenAnneBoleyn6 chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
I love this! So very sad, of course, but both of these women suffered. We can't forget that. Thank you.
Hathor-Aroha chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
A powerful story from Ellen's point of view with a lot of bitterness and jealousy inherent in her thoughts. I can really feel her pain and how the fact Chris loves Kim just as much pains her in ways that Chris probably couldn't even begin to imagine. What I found most striking was the way Ellen described how Tam had Kim's eyes, and the way Chris would point it out, even despite her roiling bitterness against the love that Chris and Kim used to have. I get the idea from this story that Chris still loves Kim in some way, and Tam is a way of feeling connected to her even after her death.
starkidsforever chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
:WARNING! CARRY ON READING OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl named Clarissa. She was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital because she killed her mom and dad. She got so bad that she went to kill all the staff in the hospital, so the More-government decided that the best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her as humane as possible, but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death, she returns to the person that reads this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on this one site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake. Apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes, u will have the best day of u
r life
tomorrow. U will either get kissed or asked out. If u break this chain, u will see a little dead girl in your room. In 53 mins someone will say I love you or I'm sorry.

-sdddffre
PandaBear14 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
don't worry, the grammar is fine. i really like it. really angsty, i guess.
JingYee chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Again, you did such a great job! I love this one too. :)
Deviousdawn chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
it was okay I like Miss Saigon too, I think I Take different spend on it thou.
Citizeness Euphrasie chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
this is great! Nice protrayol of post-musical Ellen! I've always felt bad for her too.
black.maple.tree chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I've never been an Ellen supporter either. Thuy is actually my favorite character. OMG I'm just looking at the author now as I type lol. Hi again :)

I never really bother to think of how Ellen, Chris, and Tam must live when they return to America. I think that this story provides great insight into how tense and uncomfortable it must be for all of them-mostly Ellen, though, since she will have to live with the reminder of Kim every day for the rest of her life.

There are a few grammatical errors, and I think at least twice words got sandwiched together- once in the second line, and once later on...

I really like the line, "But how can I live with him? Each day, it's torture to me. Tam is a physical reminder of what I caused, of what I will never have with Chris, of the past I never knew, of the future I will never have."

Another great one-shot! XD

You got to see the musical? I envy you. It went off Broadway when I was seven, so naturally I didn't even know what it was, then :(

Hope you write more Miss Saigon fics!
CrashxintoxMe chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
oh my ... way to make me cry!

i love it love love it!

i have a special connection with this play and, i'm glad to see how well you connected with the characters too! job well done!
fledge chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Another awesome piece from my favourite writer. Absolutely - Ellen is a lot more to be pitied than censured. After all, it IS Chris' fault, isn't it? He's the one too weak to own up to the truth, and he has been messing things up from the very outset, hasn't he? You might want to write a companion piece to this, presenting HIS POV...
Aslan's Lamb chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Well, I've always wondered what Ellen felt in the aftermath of Kim's death. This is really good insight into Ellen's character. My only complaint is, that it's kind of short. perhaps, if you developed it a little more... (Sorry, if I sound like an Englsih teacher, I really do like your story!)