Reviews for The First Summer
Discordlover12 chapter 7 . 5/18
I love this story!, well, not as much as a another story I really love but hey I still like, and the story!minimstory time!
Marty: whizz up dragonboy!
The end!
Mary chapter 7 . 1/31/2014
So when you wrote the dialogue with Crystal saying she'd be surprised if Jake hadn't accidentally breathe fire, were you thinking of the episode Ghost Story where it showed him breathing fire as a little kid?

Also, just something I've noticed. When fanfiction writers mention that scene, they usually stress the fact that he breathed fire. Which, yes, is pretty awesome, but how does no one question the fact that when Jake was only eight years old and had a sprained ankle, he could run faster than a kid two years older than him and a lot bigger (Brad) who was perfectly healthy and involved in sports?
Mary chapter 3 . 1/30/2014
This is great, but Fu is six hundred years old. And Lao Shi has apparently been around since Ancient Rome.
Echo Spectre chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
Update! UpDaTe! UPDATE! You must update as soon as possible! I absolutely love this story and I think it is very well written. Your grammar us excellent, and I love the whole plot with the characters and the dialogue. You should write more stories like this!
imaginationroxmysox chapter 7 . 2/16/2010
I really liked this story :D I know that u worry about Jake's dialogue but I think its fine, he doesn't need to cocky and arrogant all the time. I really liked how you intoduced everything from the wings and tail to the fire breathing. It was really funny and something I enjoyed reading, thanks :D
FireMariMan70 chapter 7 . 2/5/2009
Very nice work! I hope it continues soon! This could make like an awesome "Am-Drag movie for disney channel!" I really hope they will come to their sences and bring season 3! They wouldn't know how many viewers they would bring back!
YFWE chapter 7 . 1/19/2009
I apologize for taking so long to review!

Now, to the story: I like how you do the dialogue with Jake. It's realistic and certainly not over the top as some people do it. Just the right amount of slang. Good stuff.

Can't say much else about the chapter, but it was good. I'm glad you finally got over the writer's block and I hope you haven't been immersed in it once more and are having trouble with the next chapter. That's never fun. x)

Yours in fiction,

Luiz4200 chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
Good chapter. It makes me understand more of Jake's first days.
Summitterer chapter 7 . 1/1/2009
AACK!Update more pleaasase!im hooked on this story right now!and about you dialog problem.i do relize that he talks a bunch of slang in the series but hes just in 6th grade right?so that means he could have just talked normally until the over whelming fact of slang in his middle school environment took him over so i wouldnt dwell on the slang i actually really like how you portay jake in this fiction it really shows his funny/serious/ect. side that is missing from the show and i am hoping that spud and trixie will be appearing soon!Anyways good luck and keep up the good writing!

Lavenderpaw chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
This was very good. I'll check more into it when I can.
Escape my reality chapter 4 . 12/29/2008
this is a good story but in the first or second ch. you say that fu is 200 but then in ch. 4 you say he's 600
MidnighttheDragon chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
did you discontinue this story or something? you havent updated in 3 months.
Escape my reality chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
cool i;ve been hoping some one would wright about this
Luiz4200 chapter 6 . 9/9/2008
Please update. Who's that white-haired woman?
YFWE chapter 6 . 9/2/2008
You know, I'd have to agree fully with you: Jake's dialogue is extremely difficult to write in character and make the story still, I don't know, "flow right." Most of the time I unfortunately break character with him. Wish I didn't. But I digress.

Not much else to say about this chapter. Don't get me wrong, though-I enjoyed it a lot! I simply cannot think of anything else to say other than that I really enjoyed watching Jake train and learn about his new abilities. That's really all this chapter was, of course, and that's not a bad thing at all. As I said, I really enjoyed the chapter and I can't wait for more!

Yours in fiction,