Reviews for Irish is the New Black
sfbxfcb chapter 5 . 2/19/2011
Wonderful!
jameron4eva chapter 5 . 12/20/2009
First off, I'll fight you for any Jackie, hell any Mila Kunis character, at any time, any where, and in any pub you Irishman. See i'm a perfect bar fighter mix of British, German, Irish, and Scottish, oh and AMERICAN. No but seriously, i liked this story, and agree with you on the satire part. But before i go, i want to ask one thing, "Why so serious? That was not to you, but to those who can't understand satire, those idiots.

By the way, MILA KUNIS IS FUCKING HOT!
matey chapter 5 . 1/25/2008
Love that. Tis legend. Long live satirE! i take the piss out of serious stuff all the time, it's funny!

q:What's the main cause of paedophilia?

a:sexy kids!

q:Whats the best thing about twenty six year olds?

a:theres twenty of them!
Zenkindoflove chapter 5 . 1/20/2008
Aw, Hyde's meeting with his father was perfect Steven. I actually liked that you didn't have him tell the guy who he really was. I loved that you had him running an orphanage. It was like irony at it's best, something T7S never really could grasp. I think Hyde just seeing the guy and knowing who he is is probably good enough for him right now, and to me, that's very, very in character for him. :D

This was a great way to end this story and I really enjoyed it a lot. :D

I'm glad you stood up to that Anon "trace" too. I guess this person just doesn't realize that YOU are Irish and YOU have lived through all the things you've mentioned in this story plus even more horrifying things. That person just needs to understand satire when they see it. Satire has always been about tackling bad issues and exposing them for what they really are. You've made a great commentary on Ireland in the 70s, and I actually learned more about what happened from this story than anything I learned in school.

I love you, Stephen, and I can't wait to read more fic from you soon!
Michelle chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
To "trace"...

People in his family have DIED - were murdered - over it, you twit. His house was set on fire - while he was still in it! You don't know shit about him, or in what ways the conflict has touched his life, so keep your ignorant comments to yourself. How he chooses to deal with all of it is his own damn business.

Bitch.

- Michelle (the l to the c)
trace chapter 5 . 1/19/2008
That's why i put 'ended' in inverted commas moron, the good friday agreement which signfied the end to the mass killings but didn't eradicate them completely. And it's all well and good to laugh about something that doesen't touch you but let's show this to Robert McCartney's sisters and we'll see how you defend it then.
luvcali76 chapter 5 . 1/18/2008
Aww, Stephen, my little Irish love muffin. Let me just say first that people who bitch at people about their choice of story are douche bags. I find it fabulous that you can take a bad situation and expose through a different genre than it is typically given. You have to be able to laugh at stuff, man, or what's the point of existing? To be miserable? Should Irish people never be able to laugh because they have a rough history? That's so stupid. I can't believe that that person said that. Apparently, you should wallow in self-pity forever and never smile again. Well screw that. I commend you, love. ;)

Now, to the deal. You just shocked the hell out of me, man. But it makes so much sense. Hyde was the same way with WB; it make sense that he would acknowledge what he came to see and go. That's Hyde for ya. I think this was actually better fit for Hyde than him being black. That was so dumb. Danny is Irish. He shouts it through the rooftops every Monday night. Haha. IRISH!

And poor Kitty. Omg. Haha, and Red was hilarious. I knew the minute I saw that he had a Guiness shirt on that he had had a good time. Hehe.

Oh, and this cracked me up so much, I had to copy it down...

JACKIE: He’s upstairs trying to push Michael and Fez down the laundry shoot.

KITTY: Oh dear.

JACKIE: No, it’s okay. They asked him to do it.

HA! Brilliant! And thank you, darling, for finishing. I know you were burnt. Mwah! Love you. - M
Infinitywr chapter 5 . 1/16/2008
This story is very smart and funny. Great job, Stephen!

I love the whole idea of Hyde finding out that his real father is actually Irish and travels there to meet him with the gang. I wish the writers of T7S had thought of it. It's a more realistic and interesting storyline than the one they though of.

The reactions of the characters to what they saw and experienced in Belfast was hilarious.

I don't know alot about Belfast in the 1970's, so this story gave me a window into what it must've been like. It makes you laugh and learn a little something, at the same time. Kudos. It's just too bad that it ended so soon. :(
TheMusicLives chapter 5 . 1/16/2008
Okay, I just have to say that I respect what you've done here, Stephen. The people who don't are just idiots. Now, if you were writing about something that you knew nothing about, then there may be cause for some of the more mild things they said. But, as far as I'm concerned, if you've lived it, you can live to laugh about it. You've earned the right. It's the ignorant people who need to learn when to fucking shut up.

I liked the way you ended this. It didn't really make a whole lot of sense to do the whole, "I'm your son" thing when Ciaran lives on a whole other side of the world from Point Place. What the trip accomplished is satisfying the curiosity of what Hyde's father was like so that he wouldn't always have to wonder. Poignant yet satisfying.

BTW, I loved the "choir girl" bit... and every other bit.
TheMusicLives chapter 4 . 1/16/2008
Another explosive chapter complete with a naked Kelso.

Yeah, I'm running out of things to say here. :D

Oh, and it gives me some sick pleasure that everyone in Ireland thinks that Fez and Kelso are gay. In this story anyway. :lol:
TheMusicLives chapter 3 . 1/16/2008
You have to be tired of hearing how hilarious this is by now, right? Between the tense, state of the country facts, you have peppered in all of these classic moments.

Jackie telling people off.

Kelso streaking.

Jackie trying to trick Hyde into saying I love you.

It's all so perfectly them! Another great chapter.
TheMusicLives chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
I would love to leave you a long, probing, analytic review, but I laughed so hard that I had to go back and re-read parts of this.

I love the interesting spin you've put on our favorite characters and their reactions to a world so different from their own.

And I didn't think that the way you wrote the Officers was gibberish, I understood it just fine. You're doing a great job with this and I kinda like how you have it in script format.
TheMusicLives chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Oh my gosh, how did I not read this before? It's hilarious!

I loved the whole, "Where is Ireland" thing and how no one knew where it was on a map. :lol: You have such a knack for humor, you write it incredibly well!

Some other favorite points: the "We're all God's family" line, the "12 babies" line, the part where Jackie's trying to say that nothing about her Steven is Irish... okay, the whole chapter had me fucking rolling in the proverbial aisle.

Can't wait to see how this goes!
c00kiefic chapter 5 . 1/15/2008
People are telling you how to write you story? Well Fuck that! I personally thought this story was very good. I'm not completely familiar with the history, but I do know that laughter is the best medicine for things of that nature, and satire is our friend.

So good job. I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.
allienicole16 chapter 5 . 1/14/2008
Either way i loved this story. I'm really glad that you wrote it because it was wonderful. Screw what those jerks were saying about it because they're stupid. This story was very well written and had a lot of great facts in it. The stuff that you wrote in here really paid off for me because one of my friends mentioned this whole thing and knew stuff for once. LOL. So i'm very glad you wrote it. And i cant wait till you post your next great story.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »