Reviews for Half Animal, Half Man
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 7/31
I really enjoyed your story. I will say I am shocked that Harry and his bondmates were allowed to live their lives in apparent peace. It certainly doesn't fit with what we know of either Fudge or Molly. I guess no one wanted to mess with the man who took control of all of the Vampires and Werewolves and then finished Voldemort. Duh! Maybe you CAN teach old dogs new tricks!

I wonder if this pair of James and Sirius, sorted into different houses, will create less havoc than the last pair. I hope so. I'm sure Minerva does, too.

I wonder if the Weasleys ever sorted their priorities and reconciled with Ginny. If not, I guess it's their loss.

Thanks again for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 7/31
Well, I hope Harry is prepared for what is bound to happen as a result of killing Malfoy so brutally. That will not go unchallenged, I'm sure. Can he claim self defense? There were certainly enough witnesses to Malfoy's AK.

Although Ares took the spell and not Harry, I think killing a familiar would be a more serious crime than killing a regular beloved pet (which is horrible enough), due to the fact that a bond has been violently severed. Killing a Wizard's familiar is like killing a part of the Wizard himself, and it would surely cause some kind of emotional disruption. JM2K.

I can't believe our trio would act so irresponsibly ... although their sexual hijinks under the blanket, with young kids just a few feet away, should have given me a clue. Bad taste. [BTW, it's not WHAT they're doing but WHERE they're doing it. When I was a young teacher (my first teaching position), two of our HS students were arrested for doing something very similar in front of some middle schoolers next door to our school. Everyone was clothed, but they were still hauled off to Juvie. Kids blab way more, and parents are a lot more likely to freak out today than they were back when our incident happened.] I hope this incident doesn't come back to "bite" them.

As to the turnings ... Tonks is an adult and is responsible for herself. As an Auror, she should know the fallout that is going to happen as a result of their little stunt. Ginny, however, is a CHILD, and if she thought Molly was bad before, wait until she finds out this little stunner. And Ron! I'm guessing there will be calls for Harry to be kissed or put to death. After he kills Voldemort, of course.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 7/31
Interesting about Sanctuary House. I wonder if the students chosen NEEDED sanctuary ... well, other than our new trio and Daphne and Blaise. Hagrid certainly qualifies, not only from his time as a student but from events during Harry's second year. I wonder if any others will be brought into the house.

It was kind of fun to see snarky Snape put in his place once again. Considering Harry saved his life, I should think he would be a bit more civil. I guess old habits are hard to break.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 7/30
"How does everyone like the crazy Mrs. Weasley?" Sorry, but I don't think she's that far off the canon mark. She feels entitled to tell everyone how they should behave, which is nothing new. I'm sure that if Tonks had been dating or even just flirting with Harry in the books, Molly would have said exactly the same thing bout her age. She is incapable of keeping her opinions to herself.

Having said that ... Harry and Tonks's PDA in Dumbledore's office was completely inappropriate, given the company. Had they behaved discreetly - for example, sitting in separate chairs and just holding hands rather than kissing and fondling - the confrontation might not have reached the pitch it did. Harry was perfectly justified in nailing Molly on her use of Nymphadora, although he could have been less strident. Actually, I think I probably would have skipped that battle just then. It could have been revisited after the meeting rather than providing entertainment for the group. I guess age will "season" Harry's understanding of appropriate time and place for certain things.

Now ... where has Harry gone?
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 7/30
Harry should feel great. He got to make Fudge, Ron, and Draco (twice!) look like the fools they are. Your Draco reminds me of his "893" self, repeatedly picking fights with Harry only to be soundly humiliated every time. (In that story, even Lucius and Snape told him to leave Harry alone. Sadly, he never listened.) Even more satisfying, Harry and his ladies took the opportunity to thumb their noses at house rivalry, spurring another young Gryff to do the same.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 7/30
After that article, if I were Harry, I think I might pay the Minister an unannounced visit ... the kind where Harry pops directly into his office and immediately silences him, so that he can't yell for help. Who told Fudge the contents of the prophecy ... Voldemort? Trelawney? Dumbledore? It can only be retrieved and listened to by one of the above people or Harry (canon), so Fudgie couldn't have gotten it without one of the four. I would demand to know which one, and I would let Ares crawl all over Fudge until he answers. If someone else - Malfoy, for instance - told him, then his teensy-weensy brain should tell him that Malfoy is in contact with Voldemort ... and that would make him a DE, Fudgie!

Following that meeting, I think I would grab the people I love and my familiars and head for parts unknown. There I would plot my strategy, making sure to remind people that the prophecy didn't say Harry WOULD defeat Moldy; it said he would have the power. It also didn't say WHEN he would be ready to face old Moldy. (What about the Horcruxes? Are they part of your story, or did I miss that?)

Well, it looks as though Moldy is missing his axe man. I agree with Harry. He can't be expected to fight deadly force with stunners. Besides, putting DEs into Azkaban is useless. Moldy just breaks them out and kills any Aurors who happen to be working there. Dumbledore needs to wise up.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 7/30
I have a sick feeling that both Draco and Snape are going to meet sticky ends if Snape persists in rewarding Draco for assaulting people and attempting to punish Harry for protecting them. This Harry is not the untrained Harry of canon, who allows people like Snape and Malfoy to walk all over him - as we saw in his explanation to Ron of what he went through in his training. (His "memories" of the pain and ugliness he saw in the world reminded me of scenes from The Giver, a book by Lois Lowry.) He is still loving and compassionate, but he is also a protector and an avenger, and his message is clear: Don't mess with me!

Harry's comparison of Ron to Draco is certainly appropriate, but I doubt whether Ron truly understands it. I'm even a bit doubtful of some of the other Gryffs, although most are not quite so blinkered as Ron. Based on what I've seen of Molly in canon, I'd say this blind bigotry is a product of her influence. It's interesting that neither Arthur nor the older boys suffer from this mindset. Ginny seems free of the taint in your story, but she was as rude and bigoted as her mother, in canon, when it comes to Fleur.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 7/30
"A/N: ... I think that Ron's character is a bit annoying ..."
Ron IS annoying, even in canon, if you ask me. (And even if you don't!) Hermione has a few annoying qualities of her own in canon, but they are not in evidence here. She seems very OOC - kind of a shadow of her former self - but it is AU, and it's your story. I'm sure the OOC-ness will be explained, eventually. I still can't help thinking she acts as though she is under the effects of a controlling spell or potion.

I really like Neville. I'm glad you didn't turn him into a jerk.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 7/30
What she with Hermione? Is she under a Loyalty or Compulsion Charm ... or being fed Amortentia keyed to Ron? Something is odd about her behavior. She's "with" Ron, but she doesn't seem too happy about it.

Then again, Ron does seem to be living up - or down - to his reputation. He is being quite the butthead. His bigotry is also showing. I wish Tonks had clocked him when he called her Nymphadora.

As for Malfoy, I can't wait to see him taken down. In Yanagi-wa's "893," Harry refers to him as an "unchi," which I think is a perfect description ... although what he did to Ginny was attempted murder, IMO. I'd say that, after what Draco and Lucius have done to her, Ginny owes them some serious pain. I hope gives them what they deserve.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 7/30
This is an interesting story, so far. I've read stories of Harry being turned into a Werewolf and a couple of him being turned into a Vampire. While he was bitten by both here, he seems not to fully BE either - at least, not the Werewolf - unless I've misunderstood.

I'm not a Harry/Ginny fan at all; I just find her fan-girly character boring. To echo Jessica Rabbit, it's not really her fault; she's just written that way. As far as the books are concerned, I think putting her with Harry was convenient. Ginny got her fantasy, and Molly was able to keep Harry in the family. Having said that, I have read stories whose authors have taken the time to develop her into an interesting, multidimensional character - although these usually begin during her pre-Hogwarts days, so that we actually SEE the character grow and change. I'll reserve judgement here.

I am a BIG Harry/Tonks fan, and I have yet to read a Harry/Tonks story I didn't like. Tonks is as interesting to me as Ginny is boring. She is spontaneous and unpredictable, if a bit immature. In some ways, Harry seems older than she does. They share a common problem: Both feel their true selves are neither seen ... nor wanted. In Tonks's case, men expect her to change physically into some perfect Playmate to meet their sexual fantasies. In Harry's case, people persist in seeing the BWL, and they expect him to continue to fight their battles and fix their problems. When he can't conform to their expectations, they turn on him. Together, though, they are fun, sexy, and exciting. Perhaps they will help Ginny past her hero worship.

Ron's envy and jealousy are tiresome. His problems are of his own making. By "branding" himself as the best friend of The Boy Who Lived (yes, he is a fanboy), Ron put himself in the shadow of said boy. With Harry out of the picture, he capitalized on his BF of the BWL status and moved out of the shadow. With Harry back, he feels he will be pushed back into the shadows ... and he is PO'd about it. The thing is, this whole drama of Ron's is in his head. Harry is just himself. If Ron just carries on with his life and let's Harry get on with his business, everything would probably be fine. My guess, though, is that Ron won't let it be.
Tato povídka se ti moc povedla, vůbec se nedivím, že jsi tak pyšný na své dílo. je to první z povídek, co čtu od tebe a chystám se co nejdříve na další... i když docela zvláštní, jak po roce z ničeho nic přijde úplně nový superhrdina :D i když s lehce labilními náladami... přesto děkuji moc za pěkný konec :)
P. S. Promiň, že to nepíšu v angličtině :P
G the Headmaster chapter 9 . 5/1
Extremely emotional chapter ending in a thud! I loved it
G the Headmaster chapter 1 . 5/1
This is a different type of story for me. So far . . not bad.
automaton14 chapter 18 . 2/4
pretty cool story, bro
minu2014 chapter 18 . 1/9
I know that this storie is finished for a long time...however I have just found it two day agos..I started reading monday, 09th of january 2017, and I just couldn't stop reading...so I finished it know.
This storie keep me intrigue in each chapter and the message that pass is very strong, and something I must reminder...
It is one of my favorite storie..