Reviews for Sliver of a Kismet
Nile1283 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
wow *-*

I don't know how you managed to turn an unromantic and crowded platform into such a riveting plot for a story with just a single glance being exchanged.

Everyone was perfectly in character and even though nothing was said, the tension was palpable.

I am sad you're not going to continue this story but I think its just as well. All that 'unfinished business' works very well for the two of them. And chemistry. Just wow. xDDD
Eternalbloodlust chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Oh! thats really very good...

That smile of Yui is perfectly blended with all the mixed emotions Yui feels for Nakago...its quite sad too & in spite of being reincarnated Nakago's personality really remains intact, along with his complex feelings for Yui.

...awesome indeed!
D big fan here again chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
daannng!

i so0 missed this fic ..like, a lot kind!

still loving it!

[mehn, they should have talked in this fic]

I LOVE NAKAGO/YUI!
big fan-big fan chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Yo!

d-o.0)b

Two thumbs up, dude!

uugh...

They have to meet again!

Make another fic where they meet up again!

Not saying that they have to be together..

..but...they just HAVE to REALLY see each other AGAIN!

and make them talk too!

jhoi
Sonzai Taz chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Nice fic, i liked it.
KittyLynne chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
All right, I'm giving myself a failing grade as a reviewer for not realizing that you'd posted a new fic. *bonks self with baka mallet and then puts you on author alert so it doesn't happen again*

Now, I'll try to redeem myself in being late by leaving a long review.

I love the nostalgic and bittersweet feel that you gave to this piece; the lyrics you chose were a perfect underscore and added wonderfully to that feeling. I also really liked that you wrote from both perspectives. Imho, knowing what was going in both their minds brought extra intensity to the encounter, especially when one remembers everything and one can't, but wishes they could.

I agree with you about Waff and Nakago not being compatible, but you did a great job of establishing his credibility as a romantic leading man while still keeping him totally in character. _*

You also did wonderfully in portraying/fitting in a lifetime of emotions in one short fic. *showers you with kudos*

I do have one small piece of concrit, for whatever it might be worth to you. I noticed an inconsistency with verb tenses...much of the fic is written in present tense ('He would have liked to ignore it but there is something about her that calls to him,' 'She is now immersed in contemplative silence', 'He will never see her again'). Sometimes, however the tense lapses into the t (For a moment he was stunned', 'Yui's mind was on overdrive' 'She was glad to have seen him') which can be distracting in that disrupts the flow of the narrative. As good as this story is, it would be even better if the verb tenses agree throughout. _

Please forgive me if you didn't want concrit. *blush* Being a beta is a habit I can't seem to get rid of. *flings away her beta hat only to have it boomerang back to her* P

I like seeing the Yui and Nakago relationship being explored in such a mature, enlightening and enjoyable way. Thank you for posting this- I hope there will be more to come in the future. _

Every good wish,

KittyLynne
TheObsidianPhoenix chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
yay! it was lovely thabks od-san.
Shenhui chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I liked how you penned this fic.. and the play of words was nicely written... the subtle yet suggestive way you described Alaric as Nakago's reincarnation put a smile on my face...

A romantic/angst story yet seemed to have a happy ending.. I love complexities.. thus I love this fic...

Keep it up..

Ja.
angel-leigh chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
I LOVE IT! loved every bittersweetness of it all. i'm crazy about them as you know but after everything that happened between them i do sometimes think that they need a fresh start so i love the idea nakago doesn't know her but somehow reconizes her. of course, the instant attraction made me loved it even more. the whole premise just appeals me.

i of course want a sequel but it's great alone as it is. it gives them a closure of the sorts and i love the idea. and oh the song fits perfectly.

really a great job. do write more.
Shaki-chan chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
simply lovely. i enjoyed every bittersweet moment of it. you captured that surreal meeting between Yui and Nakago wonderfully. it must've been tough coming up with the correct words to describe it though. anyway, real good job!