Reviews for Perfect Everything
Serena chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Oh I love this! I almost didn't read it because the summary seemed ominous and had me worried that you were gonna portray Ethan as an abusive boyfriend to Marnie! :P You know...he turns out to be not as perfect as she thinks he is! And I really didn't want to read that, obviously. But there are so few Ethan/Marnie fics that I decided to click and give it a try anyway and I'm so glad it wasn't about what I feared. ;) Not that I'm *happy* about Ethan's dad hitting him, you understand! And I kinda think Marnie *should* tell...or cast a spell on his dad, or something. ;) But WOW I loved this. All of Marnie's thoughts about Ethan, and their adorable (but poignant) interaction. This fic was like a love letter to the actor who played Ethan! ;) Just humour me 'cause, based on your/Marnie's observations, I'm gonna assume you've seen Lucas Grabeel in other things besides the "Halloweentown" series? Because who can help swooning over his hips (and sexy dancing) in the "High School Musical" films? :D And the way he winks at Kelsi in HSM3? ;) Even the "soft, loving kiss from Ethan" made me picture Lucas kissing his co-star in "The Adventures Of Food Boy", but maybe I'm just way too obsessed with this actor. ;) Still...that was some kiss! *sigh* Okay I've got to check and see if you've written any HSM fics. Pausing review-writing to check. ;) YOU HAVE! YAY! Oh, but they're not Ryan/Kelsi! :( You should write more Ryan romance fics! :D This Ethan/Marnie is so well-written, I'd just love to see how you write the also-very-adorable pairing of Ryelsi. :) Nothing against Troypay - I actually enjoy watching Troy more with Sharpay than with Gabriella. Shar makes him more interesting. I took a quick look at one of your Troypay fics and saw you snarking on Troy's "blank expression"...hehe, yeah, exactly. Sorry, Zac! But he does spark more with Ashley Tisdale, I mean they're just funny together, plus I think she's a stronger actor than Vanessa and it elevates Zac's performance when they share scenes. Sorry Vanessa! (And I hope I'm not offending you if you're a big fan of Zac or Vanessa!) Okay this review is getting way off-topic, sorry about that! But I wanted to encourage you to write more! More Ethan/Marnie would be awesome too. And I thought there weren't enough Ryelsi fics out there! Anyway this is definitely one of the best Ethan/Marnie fics I've found, probably THE best here on fanfictiondotnet. More please! But even if you're not writing fics anymore, thank you so much for writing this one!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Owes.
YaoiGirl1997 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
More please please please!
CapriciousxHarmony chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I love it! This makes me reread it over and over again. I can't stop smiling too! Add more on! I want to see and read more. Please?
VampwithAttitude chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
OMG! his DAD! cool story, nice descriptions too.
ilovewriting23 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
i'm very fond of this story
x.imagine.x chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
that was actually kind of cute... considering it was about abuse. I liked it though.
Sandshrew777 chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Hurray for drama! I love it as much as anybody else, really, and although it can be melodramatic at times, it's not too bad here. :) Guess what I'm trying to say is that although the "trouble" in this one-shot is kinda coming out of nowhere, you do it well enough for me to be okay with that. ;)

I had a little trouble placing the scene, as I was thinking of the final film and not the third one, but once I figured it out I appreciated what you were doing a lot more. Marnie's internal monologue was really quite nice. Her self-deprecation wasn't over the top, but merely endearing. Her line in the beginning ("How was it possible that Ethan could turn something as simple as sipping on hot chocolate in his pajamas on the couch, so… adorable?") made me happy. :) Good call.

I think the dialogue is natural, and that's something I always look for in a story. These characters could've had this conversation...you know, had the Halloweentown movies not had such horrible writers behind the scripts. The plot was okay, but the dialogue...not so hot. Oy. LOL.

The one thing that bugged me was that there was almost no build-up to Ethan's revelation. Marnie made the logical leap way too quickly for me. Draw out that conversation. Give us more so that Marnie can figure out what's wrong with Ethan (and she can think of this consciously - she's got to keep him talking so she can study him now that they have a moment alone!) and so Ethan's kiss is the climax of suspense and not just an adorable little move on his part.

And thanks for injecting Ethan's really creepy flirting technique...I'm not the only one who thought his dialogue in the final Halloweentown film was really, really suggestive, am I? It was very not Disney, at least to me. :p

Overall, a really nice fic that I'm glad I found. :) If you delayed the confession for longer - at least twice as long as you have it now, I'd recommend - you'd have a total hit on your hands. It's still a gem right now, though. :)

Excellent work!

Keep writing.
StarlightFilly chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
wo I love it! Hope you write more!

-X-Loner-X-Starlight-X-
Jay chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
I kinda liked it, seems nice.

As if their love already blossomed from there.
M.L. Shards chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Oh... I love this story
my untold fairy-tale chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
You already know what I think of this. It is the cutest little semi dramatic Ethan/Marnie fluff ever invented! Poor Ethan. . .*gathers a mob of fangirls to atack Mr. Dalloway* Yay, finally some Marnie/Ethan fluff. I've now read this 3 and 1/2 times.

Keep up the excellent tag-team fiction writing work.

Ducki