Reviews for Time to Spare: Alternate Beginning
moodysavage chapter 1 . 1/24/2019
Hmmm... I liked the original first chapter better. It made more sense having everyone show up there than at the park.
Yami no Tsuki chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
It makes so much more sense now!
The enormity of his betrayal, Sev's reaction, they were talking about JAMES Potter, why Harry felt unsafe sitting but Charles didn't, Aries' reaction to finally having reached that point, the correspondence defence, — and I know where!
Oh wow, it's just so much more meaningful having read the whole story behind it.

Unusual style of storytelling, but overall I think you did a really good job.
Slytherin of the Sea chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Haha cute :)
ironhair chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
How is this an 'alternative' prequel?
Commander Ael chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Yeah, this fits DH better...the actual story...not so much, but it's a bit AU, so how does it matter, really? Me likey. Muy bueno.
FemmeFerret chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Didn't know about this until now, but this alternate beginning is also awesome! :)
TheNotedMusician chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This is great, though not much was really changed, and Draco being sent there didn't really make sense... Good job, anyway, though! :D

~TheNotedMusician
Kaerion chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Wow, I can't believe I never came across this before now. I've just been reading your updates as they showed up on my favorites list, so when I decided to use my favorite authors' favorites lists to find more good fics, this was a pleasant surprise!

It's been a while since the first two, but I've read all three of the intros you've written now, and I have to admit that as long as you won't edit the main story too much (if it even needs editing at all?) to make it fit, I much prefer this one.

And yes, Harry revealing himself to Voldemort the way he did is still just as funny today, as the first time I read it! :D

Anyway, I really liked this, and the story that goes with it is definitely one of my favorites, so I hope that life treats you well, and that you'll be able to grant us another update soon! :)

Keep up the great work!
jpotterNY chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Slight issue with this line -“Think Sev’ll be alright?” Harry asked worriedly, bringing down the Forgetfulness Ward as he and Draco walked toward the castle.- looks like a missed castle from the rewrite.

Both this and the HBP story are excellent, I can't wait for you to resume the story in Dec 2009!
Aegis Lule Bore chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
What's different expect that Harry was not at hogwarts?
CrystalMind chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
This is good. I think I prefer your original opening better, but they both work in their own way.

...I still don't understand why Aries blew his cover, though. It seemed kind of random. *shrugs* Oh well.

Now that the formalitie

are out of the way... WHERE ARE YOU? As much as I love your writing, I also hate you for the cliffhanger. So please, PLEASE update "Time to Spare" soon!

Your faithful reader,

-CrystalMind-
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
its good, but i think i like the other one better.
deleteMEpleaseNOWplzDELETE chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
I have enjoyed Time to Spare, and have only noticed this alternate beginning yesterday. Overall I think it is a good idea to make the setting more DH compliant (weather the Hallows are used or not).

But the beginning as it is now is too confusing as many other reviewers pointed out (Avira, who pointed out the impossibilities of being with the order at Privet Drive), therefore I wont repeat what they wrote. Instead I would like to tell a possible solution which I came up with while thinking about how to do this better.

1) I would have Harry wander of into the forest where they used to play Quidditch while he stays at the Weasleys. Draco could be there, because to him it would be just an unknown place to meet his "professor". The spell could send them of to a place some distance away which would be unfamiliar to both so that they decide to apparate to Hogsmead and go to Hogwarts.

2) I would also drop the part of the Order teaching Harry at Privet Drive, rather haver Harry perhaps Dudleys old weights on his own, read spell books, and have some people of the Order teach him something at the Burrow (without Mrs Weasley knowing about it). The Order could just collect him sooner. As the ministry allowing Harry to use magic, there are too many overeager Death Eaters at the Ministry to prevent that or interfere in some way.

3) Harry and Draco could then stroll back to the Burrow and explain everything to the others.
Deritine chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
I think I like the current er... 1st rewritten? one better. This one is sort of haphazard with too many workarounds. Like- why in the world is Draco at a Muggle playground unless he is with the Death Eaters, in which case- why is he invisible? And the whole 'spatial recalibration' thing for why they end up at Hogwarts not at the playground... I don't buy it. The quidditch pitch/Forbidden Forest scenario seems like the best one to me (though I did enjoy the almost-jumping-off-the-tower bit, too- so much angst muahahaha!)

I think if you want to make the story DH compliant- I think you can do it fairly easily in the current story incarnation. After all, you don't go deeply into Snape's past per-se, plus Harry didn't 'know' about the Hallows any more than you, the author, did having gone back in time before canon-Harry figures it out. So Aries/Harry can figure it out himself, if you want him to. But honestly- I think you might be better off just finishing it up as-is. The Hallows would make the story really wonky and go in a different direction entirely if you want to include them and/or a long time to figure out how to incorporate them (unless you've figured it out already). I'm sort of worried you would run out of steam and/or get stuck once you've finished redoing the story currently written if you go back again (though why I keep doubting I don't know, you seem to turn out great stuff every time I get concerned...)

I guess what it boils down to is that I really really really want to read the end and I'm moping about having to wait if you were to redo it. :(
darrena chapter 1 . 11/16/2007