Reviews for Time to Spare: Alternate Beginning
fire and napalm chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Well, there is a small misnomer where, after the send the Death Eaters off they head towards the 'castle' and you'll have to find a way that, if I remember correctly Mr. Higgins is not a Death Eater and would not be hired as seventh year Defence teacher unless you meant sixth which would best be clarified in some way or manner. But it works, fits, and is plenty reasonable enough for my sake. Sounds like a plan; you'd just have to make sure you don't refer to them getting this popped on them at the castle in the further writing. Excellent adaptation, nice to see it, thank you for posting! You have my approval, as if you needed it. :P

F & N
Carojen chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
I like this begining better than the other one.

Just one thing: "Or perhaps you are more used to the names Hesuchazo and Higgins.” How did McGonagall recognize them when they had removed their glamours?
akuma-river chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Not bad I like it.

A few thing you need to watch out for, you mentioned Castle not Number 4 Privet Drive.

Also how would Aries and Charles know Lucius when he was five years older than Snape, Lily, Remus, Sirus, Peter, and James? Especially since the class year that Harry and Draco drop in on is their later years and Lucius would have graduated by then?
Evelyna1 chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Nice, I like it. If you asked, I couldn't decide which beginning I prefer, I like them both. Although Harry wandering outside the wards in the summer is more likely than flying around in the forbidden forest...

You still have the "walked back to the castle" in here, by the way.

greez

Gertrud
luckyducky7too chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
I actually think that this intro is the best so far. But I can't really see how Draco's father would want Higgins to mentor his son (even if it's by owl) when he doesn't really like him anyways. though that might also be late in saying since you've re-written this opening two times already. hehe...whoops.*embarrassed sweatdrop* anyways, great re-write!
WVSailor chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Different, but ok.

Will you be changing any of the following chapters?
nightwisp chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
That will work very well. There was just one typo. About midway through it says that harry and draco are walking towards the castle when it should be #4 or something
mudbloodpotter05 chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
ok so i had to go back and read your first one again and then read this one...

ok i saw a lot of the things were still the same even though the setting had changed.

i liked it and you could get away with replaceing the chapter but you need to make sure you change anything with any sort of refrence to flying or hogwarts, to being at the dursleys.

also it did seem more canon to open with harry at privet dr. so im all for this new chapter but make sure it does not affect the plot of the story much.

and a side note in tts i would personally liked to see james and sirius more ok with harry, not the sort of bigots they were. but like i said that is just me and i liked the other way also.
prongsies.lady chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
omg, I love it its soo good. I love it. Can you write the conversation between them, and what happens now, the timeline aftr harry leaves and we're in ron/hermione time? That would be so cool, because obviously things are different now, so it would be very awesome to read that.

As always

~Laur
Nikara chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Not bad, but you have a few errors in there. The line "they walked back to the castle" is still there, although they appear to be walking back to privet drive. Also, the Dursleys put up with all of this magical training happening at their house? A little explanation there would be nice. I do like the way this fits in with DH more, however. I'd say change it once you've gone over it a few more times.
fattoad chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Err...I like the other one better but it's good!
Celira chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
While it works, I think that the original works in a more streamlined fashion unless you can conjure up a backstory with enough force to explain the little discontinuities that surface when you put Draco in the picture, and...I don't know. I guess the subtleties of the plot worked better with the previous setting. It's ultimately up to you, of course! The plot's wonderful either way.
oleander chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
This is actually a pretty good tweak to your first chapter. However, how would Draco know about the blood wards? (the young one, I mean, not Charles) The blood wards are not something everyone knows about.. so you might need to add in another paragraph or something explaining that.

Although this is a good twist to add book seven in here, if you're story is AU, you might as well just leave it like that. It's perfectly fine the way it is now.

Great writing though.
piwqefjk chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
This works really well. It makes sense as to how Voldemort got access to Harry, and to how everyone else showed us so quickly. It'd make a good replacement, nice work xD
cHoCoLaTe-cHiHuAhUa chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Yes, that was very good! I actually prefer it to the original. It seems like it -how do I say this- flows better... It makes more sense? Eh, I dunno what it is; I just like it more.
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »