Reviews for The Dream of One Night
Guest chapter 39 . 12/5/2015
Loved every sleepless second I spent reading this great story & am sure I will spend just as many reading the sequel. Thank you so much for sharing.
TheWitch'sCat chapter 39 . 7/25/2015
I finished reading this last night, and I enjoyed it so much I had to get on my actual computer to type a proper review. First of all, you are an outstanding writer. I would read your original fiction, for sure. My first test of whether a story will be good, in fanfiction, is how well the author creates an original character. OC's are hard, because you don't have the advantage of your readers already knowing and caring about him/her. So many of them feel flat and uninteresting, but I very much love Avrille. She's smart and has her own, believable backstory. There's a huge base of fans who put Snape and Hermione together, but I'm not a fan of that. I believe that if Snape was to love someone, it would be someone close to his age. I just don't think he would ever sleep with a current, underage student. I think the students themselves draw up too many unpleasant memories of Lily and his own time at Hogwarts. The apprentice scenerio makes much more sense. That, or a fellow professor. Snape would have to have someone who could best him, possibly put him in his place now and then. So...yeah. I like Avrille. I know you said the story was AU, but I call it Concurrent Canon...telling another story that happens alongside the original canon. My only issue with stories that give Snape a "happy ending" before Deathly Hallows is that it entirely changes his motivation for the rest of the story. If he's not singularly focused on protecting Harry so that Lily won't have died in vain, his new motivation must be equally believable. In canon, he also takes a significant number of risks for a man with a new baby. But I'll see how all that pans out in your sequel. ;-)
I'm working on a Snape story myself, and I've been reading to draw up motivation and inspiration for it. I'm going to cross over Harry Potter with Wicked, because I think Elphaba would make an excellent match for him. She's snarky and very strong, and she also happens to be exactly his age when she 'dies' as well.
Overall, thanks for writing this. And thanks for finishing it. I know how hard that is. I would love to check out your other work, if possible.
Cat
StarlitStar chapter 39 . 2/2/2015
Fantastic story so happy there is a sequel can't wait to read it.
Griffygnus chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
interesting start ..
Maegatr0n chapter 39 . 1/6/2015
I just spent all day reading your entire story. I really enjoyed it, which you could probably glean from the fact I read it all in one sitting. Well done! It is hard to see Severus as a loving companion, but you have brought so much life to that possibility. Truly well done. I look forward to reading your next installment.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/7/2014
lol the mania she caused around her
Eviline chapter 26 . 4/22/2013
Wow.. Great thinking
Eviline chapter 21 . 4/21/2013
Such sweetness I'm wondering how you are going to make this go in the upcoming years. Btw she could replace Trelawney if she is a real Seeker or be a private tutor in Hogsmeade or... And why do I have a feeling she is going to be petrified?
Eviline chapter 17 . 4/21/2013
A seer? And wondering about her magic...
Eviline chapter 16 . 4/21/2013
So sweet, and those rumours are going to be flying. Salmon pink...the nightmares..
Eviline chapter 12 . 4/21/2013
Oh, Lucius made his move. I find myself missing interaction with the students.
Eviline chapter 7 . 4/21/2013
Thats the spirit! You show that man!
Eviline chapter 4 . 4/21/2013
His father? Now I'm curious. Can't wait to see what will happen when the students arrive! And Lockhart... Ohhh Lockhart *snicker*

She's going to be upset when she notices his treatment of Harry, isn't she? Hey, can she add or take House points?
Eviline chapter 2 . 4/21/2013
Lovely plot-building. I can sense a session of late-night readibg coming on. Great portrayal of the good side of Dumbledore, rare these days.
Eviline chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
A lovely kick-off with a very believable, spirited, likeable character :) good to read Prof Snape outside of Hogwarts, where he is not known as "the Bat of the Dungeons"