Reviews for The Others
Wayfinder13 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Nice story. I'm guessing Ren is the one with the "strongest blood"
Tentaculiferous chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
I hope you continue this, as it looks interesting and well written. And the DearS section needs all the stories it can get.

Don't be afraid to change some facts from the series if you need to, either. This is fanfiction after all.

Interesting, interesting story of which I hope to read more.
Perentie Fan chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Its certainly well written but I am not sure just where you intend to go with it. Having it start before the first events of the manga and anime is certainly novel.

Your ideas for the origin of the DearS race could work if done right. I don't know how much of the manga you've read or how much you care about accuracy but am willing to help if you'd like any advice. Namely if you're going to have them be created specifically to serve then you'll have to explain or do away with several elements revealed late in the manga. You could always say these things were evolved at some point after they left Farix's people.

What is revealed is that the DearS are in a sense parasites as much as servants, depending on the care of their host to thrive and dying if their host comes to hate them. In turn they possess the ability to destroy their host if the host species becomes a danger to them. Events related to that are why it is indicated that the only DearS surviving in the universe are on that ship, most having died out due to their former hosts becoming engaged in a war which the DearS Watcher Fina eventually ended by destroying the host race and fleeing with the survivors of the DearS race.