Reviews for Crosswords and Stockholm Syndrome
Flamestarter chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
This was cool!
EasilyDistractedBookWorm chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Jeez, they change the subject quickly.
bronze andromeda shun chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I loved it! There are nowhere near enough stories with these two in them. One question: I looked for "The Flash Is Wally West", but I couldn't find it! Where is it? I know I don't have to read it before this, but I'm curious...
koolkame chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
This got the argument across much better than the Hawk and Dove episode which I liked but it couldn't go as far as your fic did. I think what I got out of the story was that even if violence must be used it's important to try reasoning. Really, I sympathize with Hank as an older brother mad about his younger brother endangering himself because of his decisions; it drives you nuts.
Green Gallant chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Hmm. I always felt like I couldnt write Don effectively as a character due to his stance on non-violence. But after going over some things I think I'm starting to understand his character and yeah guys like him are somewhat tricky to write. I thought the same of characters like Jericho and even Bart Allen just because I didnt know thier characters specifically. It seems weird to mention Bart but do you know how hard it is to make someone constantly funny? I got use to it in time and who knows I may even be able to write someone like Don one of these days. I think you got both thier charactrers down perfectly for what its worth. I can see Hank being this close to wanting to strangle him all the while Don is perfectly calm (for the most part)they almost kind of remind me of Wolfwood and Vash from Trigun when their talking. Opposite ends of the spectrum it seems but work together nonetheless. Good job on this.

Green Gallant.
CampionSayn chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Sa!

This was a perfectly beautiful piece of work! You managed to perfectly portray both brothers' opinions and demeanor, I must congradulate you on this. Times like these, I wish there were more fics on these two...
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
I'm not sure I understood what you were trying to say in that last paragraph of your author notes...did you mean people shouldn't just write dialogue? It's true that it doesn't always work, but if used correctly when you have 2 or 3 characters with distinct speech patterns, it can be a very powerful tool. THere was one fanfic in the cartoon Teen Titans section where it's basically a conversation between Raven and Red-X, but it's hilarious. Another in the D-Gray Man fandom (manga) between Lavi, Allen and Kanda. They work because it is obvious who's talking and it comes out quite hilarious

Here again, I thought it was really effective. It's pretty obvious who's saying what and it strikes more deeply than if you had peppered the conversation with actions and dscriptions. In this instance it would have taken away and weakened the exchange.

And just to let you know, the first time I saw the Hawk and Dove episode, I instantly fell in love with Dove. He's slimmer and smaller than the other superheros and I loved his fighting style. Is what you wrote about here true? He can only use his powers as a defence? Cos I just recetly, actually, I spent pretty much the whole weekedn watching season 3, 1 and 2 - in that order - of the Justice League (while I should have been writing my sociology journals...) anyway, I noticed how Dove was always on the defensive and he didn't really move as much as turn and twist out of the way. So, his powers really only work when he's threatened? Or if you could just point me to a webpage with all their info on it? THat would be great. _

Once again, love the story!
Akylae chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Cassius Clay? Pacifist boxer? Talk about open and fisted hand... Kudos! :-)
Riana1 chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Don did the crossword with his kidnapper. Okay, I am in love and going to fill out my Dove Fangirl Form now. Don is offically a woobie and Hank gets the insanely overprotective brother hawt factor here.

Get them a classic black Impala and I am going into a fit.

And Allstar- there goes my girl.
Andrew Fisher15 chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Neat piece. You made them very realistic, and the conversation was interesting, although I admit I somewhat despised that episode, 'Hawk and Dove'. But still, it's a good story you have here, and I could imagine Dove trying to solve a crossword puzzle with a terrorist in a Justice League Unlimited Episode.
Kipling Bunny chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Well done! I think you've captured both Hank and Don perfectly and you don't see them too often in fanfic, (and if so, they're not in character) so this was a pleasant surprise.

Their conversation is nice addition to the self-named episode from JLU.