Reviews for Shadows on the Nile
puppyface1000 chapter 24 . 12h
squeal please
Toria-of-fiction chapter 24 . 5/11
Gasp!
You can't do this to me! where is the sequel, where is reflections on the Nile! This story was finished in 2008 its 2015 there should most definitely be a sequel for this fantastic, spectacular, awesome, fabulous, great, awe inspiring, piece of art!
you left us on a bloody cliffhanger...for 7 years! I can (literally) only imagine Yami tearing through Egypt in his blood boiling rage trying to find who stole his beloved aibou.
How mean (sob)

I loved the way you portrayed all of the characters especially Yami. I loved the way you worked in Seto and when Yugi realized that was truly actually him in his head I just about died laughing and looked forward to each time he showed up again. I would really like to see Yami and Seto's first encounter because I think that would be truly hilarious especially with the way Yami gets possessive and jealous. Then again Yami might surprise us with his maturity...maybe.

anyways the whole point of all of this was to tell you thay you still have people who would love to read the sequel if you will still write it in that there is much fan love for this story and its author.

Soooo please please please wright the sequel!
Davinia chapter 24 . 7/20/2014
Since the sequel never came out Im just going to lock the last bits away and forget they ever happened, for my own sanity's sake really.

Its difficult to comment on these older stories, not really sure if you are even around any more to recieve the praises I so willingly feel the need to give. If youve moved on to publish your own novels, then by all means, please inform me of what those series are called because I will be down at the bookstore in a heart beat.

It doesnt seem to matter what you write, the tone and style appeals to me that even describing something as mudane as eating breakfast gauges my attention. To be honest Im not proud of it, but in many stories I will grow board of detail and begin to skim for conversation and read only the first line of a paragraph to determine whether its interesting enough to continue.

However I dont think I have skipped a single word of your writing. Everything has its proper place and flow so I dare not skip anything or Ill most certainly loose out on a quirky joke or detail later. I adore your writing and am so happy that I have by chance come across your works. Whether you continue or not with writing has yet to be seen, but I am most certainly a growing fan and will endevour to read everything for no other reason than because it makes me happy.
Deadly Shadow chapter 23 . 6/20/2013
Misty "So... He was really an Evil Noodle Overlord?"
Angel "Bloody idiot! First Bakura was the theif, and now you say he's a noodle overlord?"
Misty "He said he knew the official language of Noodletopia though!"
Angel "I have no comment. No comment at all."
Kira "Trust me you don't want to hear my comment."
Chase "Aha... Anyway, great story! Can't wait to read the last chapter!"
Deadly Shadow chapter 10 . 6/19/2013
Misty "Oh dang! Should have expected something like that to happen!"
Angel "Bloody hell! What did I miss?!"
Kira "Angel while you were trying to avoid this chapter because you were hiding your candy you missed a very exciting event taking place in the story. Which I now should have taken those nachos your trying to eat and hit you across the head with it."
Angel "...How am I supposed to comment to that?"
Kira "You're not."
Misty "And I thought Kira had a soft spot for Angel.."
Kira "what are you talking about? I am soft to Angel, I didn't tell him to shut up did I?"
Chase "As I would like to agree with you. Soft is the complete opposite of what you are. You probably don't even know how to be."
Kira "Exactly. I don't."
Deadly Shadow chapter 9 . 6/19/2013
Misty "*Holding a magnifying glass over one of her eyes* My suspicions leave me to Bakura!"
Kira "Of course like always."
Misty "He is the thief King he can steal anything!"
Angel "Heck no, he touch my candy he die."
Misty "With the exception of being Angel's candy."
Chase "He touch my books he die!"
Misty "Haha! He could steal them in an instant!"
Kira "Goes to show how smart Misty is, saying I can easily get Angel's candy, but I'm still sore from trying to take Chase's books."
Angel "Anyway reminding me of books! Great story can't wait to read more. Now excuse me while I go make nachos to go alongside this great story."
Kira "And that's a kind way of saying it's a cheesy book?"
Angel "Shush! I'm working on my future pillow! And my nachos go get them manservant!"
Chase "It's official you're an idiot."
Angel "You just realized that?"
TheNonDePlume chapter 24 . 3/7/2013
NOOOOOO! You can't leave me hanging like this! I loved your story, and I looked for the sequel, and it wasn't there! Please, consider closure for this story somehow, someway. Because honestly, you're one of the first fanfiction authors I've ever read that managed to make a funny partnership of equals in a yuugi/yami relationship. Most authors tend to lean toward a dominant Yami, and a shy/sweet/cute Yuugi.
shinyglaceon1234 chapter 24 . 2/9/2013
what happend to the sequel :(
Seth the Inu chapter 24 . 11/6/2012
Aaahh! I love it! Everything about it was just so amazingly awesome! I would so love it if you do manage to write the sequel you have planned, and would very much enjoy looking forward to reading it!
AkuZeku chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Wha? I didn't already review this story? Strange. But I have an excuse. I was on holiday and read (too) many fanfictions and two of mabye the twenty I read (two that were completed. Why do I tell you all this?!) really really got me so so much, that I wasn't able to read another fanfictions of the fandom for ... hours. And that does! mean a long time considering my holiday wasn't THAT long. And one of them was this one. I love it, I really do. It's epic. I thought that with 1001 Domino Nights you created the best you can, but even though this story is much older and I bet you improved alot since then, I still loved your style here, your ideas, the pace your story(ies) develop, all the research you do that really makes the story so great. My excuse is, I really had too many things in mind that I would love to tell you, when I read the FF. I really lived in it. I would love to give you a comment that would give you something back with all the details that came to my mind. Now somehow I can only come up with that one stupid brief summary: I love it, it was wonderful. Thank you. You are one of my absolute favorite authors and I intend to read all your Puzzleshipping fanfictions or at least most of them. And if you ever get to be a author in the real world, please tell me how to find your books.
starsinjars chapter 24 . 6/26/2012
after the last ygo fic that i forced myself to read and finish, this was such a refresher. i loved it, especially the noodle parts xD sorry i can write reviews OTL now i'm off to check the sequel if it exists because i'm curious as to what happened to yugi :3
ShotaroxPhillip chapter 24 . 6/21/2012
are you ever going to write the sequal?
Retroflex chapter 24 . 6/4/2012
Wow. I read this whole thing in about 2 days (after busting my way through 1001 Domino Nights, which I look forward to seeing completed as well!), and it's been ages since I've bothered to write a review on this site, but I kept thinking about it and had to come back to write a note saying thank you for such a splendid journey! (I was nothing short of disappointed to see that the sequel was not posted yet, especially with such a whopper of an epilogue)

The thing that brought me back to leave a review was your attention to detail - I don't know if you have traveled through the middle east yourself, or if you just did a phenomenal amount of research, but reading your descriptions of locations took me back to my own visits of Egypt. Things like the mention of the morning calls to prayer, and your sparse but appropriate use of arabic words (I think this is the first Yu-gi-oh story I've ever read that used the word baksheesh! Which is noteworthy given how many fics are supposed to take place in modern Egypt. I did an actual double take when I saw the word because I wasn't expecting it, but it certainly made me smile). Anyway, just wanted to say I recognize and appreciate seeing such cultural awareness applied to a fanfiction. Thank you! The stories are fabulous, and I hope to see more from you!
Yugatenki chapter 24 . 4/3/2012
Wow. Wonderful and very realistic, including the parts with magic. I'm glad you went with brown eyes for Yami and made him the 'forever' type. I'm going to enjoy reading the sequel. I didn't really expect Isis to be an antagonist. Her position really surprised me! Though I guess she was kind of an instigator from the beginning, wasn't she?

Fantasic job, Lucid!
Hyper Hippie chapter 24 . 2/22/2012
I don't understand. There's a cliff hanger. It was over. Then ghost things ate yugi. And now its over.

Its not really registering.

Must go find next installment.

Ps. I love the noodle overlord. And seto brain talk. I can't get over how completely ingenius the noodle stuff.