Reviews for Shadows on the Nile
Deadly Shadow chapter 23 . 6/20/2013
Misty "So... He was really an Evil Noodle Overlord?"
Angel "Bloody idiot! First Bakura was the theif, and now you say he's a noodle overlord?"
Misty "He said he knew the official language of Noodletopia though!"
Angel "I have no comment. No comment at all."
Kira "Trust me you don't want to hear my comment."
Chase "Aha... Anyway, great story! Can't wait to read the last chapter!"
Deadly Shadow chapter 10 . 6/19/2013
Misty "Oh dang! Should have expected something like that to happen!"
Angel "Bloody hell! What did I miss?!"
Kira "Angel while you were trying to avoid this chapter because you were hiding your candy you missed a very exciting event taking place in the story. Which I now should have taken those nachos your trying to eat and hit you across the head with it."
Angel "...How am I supposed to comment to that?"
Kira "You're not."
Misty "And I thought Kira had a soft spot for Angel.."
Kira "what are you talking about? I am soft to Angel, I didn't tell him to shut up did I?"
Chase "As I would like to agree with you. Soft is the complete opposite of what you are. You probably don't even know how to be."
Kira "Exactly. I don't."
Deadly Shadow chapter 9 . 6/19/2013
Misty "*Holding a magnifying glass over one of her eyes* My suspicions leave me to Bakura!"
Kira "Of course like always."
Misty "He is the thief King he can steal anything!"
Angel "Heck no, he touch my candy he die."
Misty "With the exception of being Angel's candy."
Chase "He touch my books he die!"
Misty "Haha! He could steal them in an instant!"
Kira "Goes to show how smart Misty is, saying I can easily get Angel's candy, but I'm still sore from trying to take Chase's books."
Angel "Anyway reminding me of books! Great story can't wait to read more. Now excuse me while I go make nachos to go alongside this great story."
Kira "And that's a kind way of saying it's a cheesy book?"
Angel "Shush! I'm working on my future pillow! And my nachos go get them manservant!"
Chase "It's official you're an idiot."
Angel "You just realized that?"
TheNonDePlume chapter 24 . 3/7/2013
NOOOOOO! You can't leave me hanging like this! I loved your story, and I looked for the sequel, and it wasn't there! Please, consider closure for this story somehow, someway. Because honestly, you're one of the first fanfiction authors I've ever read that managed to make a funny partnership of equals in a yuugi/yami relationship. Most authors tend to lean toward a dominant Yami, and a shy/sweet/cute Yuugi.
shinyglaceon1234 chapter 24 . 2/9/2013
what happend to the sequel :(
Seth the Inu chapter 24 . 11/6/2012
Aaahh! I love it! Everything about it was just so amazingly awesome! I would so love it if you do manage to write the sequel you have planned, and would very much enjoy looking forward to reading it!
AkuZeku chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Wha? I didn't already review this story? Strange. But I have an excuse. I was on holiday and read (too) many fanfictions and two of mabye the twenty I read (two that were completed. Why do I tell you all this?!) really really got me so so much, that I wasn't able to read another fanfictions of the fandom for ... hours. And that does! mean a long time considering my holiday wasn't THAT long. And one of them was this one. I love it, I really do. It's epic. I thought that with 1001 Domino Nights you created the best you can, but even though this story is much older and I bet you improved alot since then, I still loved your style here, your ideas, the pace your story(ies) develop, all the research you do that really makes the story so great. My excuse is, I really had too many things in mind that I would love to tell you, when I read the FF. I really lived in it. I would love to give you a comment that would give you something back with all the details that came to my mind. Now somehow I can only come up with that one stupid brief summary: I love it, it was wonderful. Thank you. You are one of my absolute favorite authors and I intend to read all your Puzzleshipping fanfictions or at least most of them. And if you ever get to be a author in the real world, please tell me how to find your books.
starsinjars chapter 24 . 6/26/2012
after the last ygo fic that i forced myself to read and finish, this was such a refresher. i loved it, especially the noodle parts xD sorry i can write reviews OTL now i'm off to check the sequel if it exists because i'm curious as to what happened to yugi :3
ShotaroxPhillip chapter 24 . 6/21/2012
are you ever going to write the sequal?
Retroflex chapter 24 . 6/4/2012
Wow. I read this whole thing in about 2 days (after busting my way through 1001 Domino Nights, which I look forward to seeing completed as well!), and it's been ages since I've bothered to write a review on this site, but I kept thinking about it and had to come back to write a note saying thank you for such a splendid journey! (I was nothing short of disappointed to see that the sequel was not posted yet, especially with such a whopper of an epilogue)

The thing that brought me back to leave a review was your attention to detail - I don't know if you have traveled through the middle east yourself, or if you just did a phenomenal amount of research, but reading your descriptions of locations took me back to my own visits of Egypt. Things like the mention of the morning calls to prayer, and your sparse but appropriate use of arabic words (I think this is the first Yu-gi-oh story I've ever read that used the word baksheesh! Which is noteworthy given how many fics are supposed to take place in modern Egypt. I did an actual double take when I saw the word because I wasn't expecting it, but it certainly made me smile). Anyway, just wanted to say I recognize and appreciate seeing such cultural awareness applied to a fanfiction. Thank you! The stories are fabulous, and I hope to see more from you!
Yugatenki chapter 24 . 4/3/2012
Wow. Wonderful and very realistic, including the parts with magic. I'm glad you went with brown eyes for Yami and made him the 'forever' type. I'm going to enjoy reading the sequel. I didn't really expect Isis to be an antagonist. Her position really surprised me! Though I guess she was kind of an instigator from the beginning, wasn't she?

Fantasic job, Lucid!
Hyper Hippie chapter 24 . 2/22/2012
I don't understand. There's a cliff hanger. It was over. Then ghost things ate yugi. And now its over.

Its not really registering.

Must go find next installment.

Ps. I love the noodle overlord. And seto brain talk. I can't get over how completely ingenius the noodle stuff.
JBubbles chapter 24 . 1/24/2012
I adore your strong Yugi (with his backbone and almost a sadistic streak to torment Yami-bouy), and i liked a lot this fic. It was well written, with incredible images that you described and I loved the interactions of every crazy turists.

I want to read more, evidently, but this was great!
JBubbles chapter 8 . 1/23/2012
Yami's joy knew no bounds. Well, okay, it did - and they were about wide enough for a sand grain to fit inside if it went on the Atkins diet and held its breath. Not only would he be trapped on the cruiser with the she-beast, but she would also have Yugi at her mercy! Yami cursed his luck - in his past life as an Evil Noodle Overlord, his macaroni minions must have swept the globe, raining destruction and tasty sauces in their wake. He glowered at the universe in general and Isis in particular. Damn it all to fuck.

Oh hail to Evil Noodle Overlord Yami! xD
Phoenix0192 chapter 4 . 1/12/2012
"Yugi almost fainted with relief at seeing such a warm, friendly face. He felt that, at last, he had found someone who would be willing to help him."

...Oh Yugi, how wrong you are.

Great fic so far, can't wait to read the rest of it!

Keep up the good work