Reviews for TMNT: Raphael: Traffic
MoreTeaandStrump chapter 6 . 12/29/2013
Another awesome fic! I've rad most of your TMNT stories and am currently going through all your Raph and Amber fics, and they are FREAKING AMAZING! Every time I finish one, I'm dyyyying to read the next! Love, love, love how you wright Raph (he's always been my fav) and Amber is one of the most (if not THE most) well written OC's I've seen in a fanfic yet! And both of them together Auuugh! The angst, the tension and the softer moments! I love it! Fantastic work! Can't wait to read more!
Julia Burke chapter 6 . 10/2/2013
I have to tell you that this is one of the most insightful and well written stories I've read on . Great job.
FioraThePendragon chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
LOVE this fic!
FioraThePendragon chapter 6 . 8/7/2013
Wowwwww, I really loved this from start to finish! I'm usually not into reading stories with OC's in it, but Amber is really lovable, and the storyline was super enjoyable:)
morning sun chapter 6 . 3/20/2008
Another favorite!

This was very good. I loved the whole story line, the tension between Raphael and Amber, the "darkness" of the plot. It’s been killing me that I couldn’t finish it all in one sitting. I think I'm addicted to your fiction... :)

Anyway, I'm off to read more, but I wanted to say great job on this one. I loved it!
Firebrat chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
Poor Raphael...he can fight better than anyone, but in any other situation he really doesn't know what to do, does he? I really like the way you portray him as this big, stong, unstoppable force wrapped in the brain of a dumb kid. As tough as he is, he still has some growing up to do.

I felt a lot of sympathy for him in this one, I remember being that angry, horny teenager, not really sure what to do with girls. I had that never-got-going relationship too, with all the frustrated fighting that came with it. I never stomped any bad guys to vent it, though, but I bust the hell out of my Ninteno controller!

I was praying for Amber to just jump his bones and sort his head out for him, but knowing them two, that might cause even more problems, eh? That combat lust is going to get him into a lot of trouble!

Once again, an ending that does a good job of wrapping up the story, but leaving you with questions. I don't know which decision I would have made in Raph's place, and I'm not sure who I'd side with. I like that you leave the morality of things open like that, there's no real "right" choice, it just depends on your point of view.

Favourite moment - Raph nearly losing it with Amber in the park. That is some scary stuff, the way he nearly lost control of his rage.
slycruel chapter 6 . 12/31/2007
okay so, I will be honest with you. When I read dust of life featuring your oc Amber, I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it. Not because it wasn't written well, on the contrary your an excellent writer. It was just almost to much for me to stomach. The way you describe things, Its very realistic. It's very easy for me to paint a picture in my mind of what your describing. You tell it how it is, no matter how sad or disgusting, and I definitely wasn't expecting it. I literally stayed away from the rest of your story's for like 2 weeks, wanting to read more but not sure if I could. I finally broke down and read Raphael: Traffic and i must say that i love your Amber series. Its been decided. You keep everyone in character so well it blows my mind. I really get a feel for what Amber is going through. I like that her relationship with Raph is becoming more intimate, and how forbidden it seems. You write about things that some people might find offensive or even taboo. I like that. I hope I'm not coming off as rude! If I am It wasn't my intention! So anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much I love your work and I hope you come out with more stories featuring Amber.
GreenWillow chapter 6 . 12/27/2007
First I have to apologize for being such a terrible friend/reviewer and not getting to this sooner.

I love this fic. I love how you play with the shades of grey and throw *everyone* (except perhaps Amber whom it would be quite difficult to throw) back on themselves and their assumptions. The readers, the characters, Raphael especially - have to rethink what they "know" to be true. And even while he rethinks his assumptions, Raphael doesn't change his own truth, or the principles that lie at his core. Hence he and Amber don't mesh- can't really find that commonality they want (I think) from one another. They do, but they don't. A lovely dance around a relationship that can never happen.

Oh, and all that, *plus* your wonderful images, depictions of action and emotion, and suspenseful story-telling.

Wonderful, skillful writing.

oD
Daiyu Amaya chapter 6 . 11/27/2007
I was in shock, The story made me sad, but your awful good at writing a story, I like how cerative you were, even if it has a certain truth to it.
Dierdre chapter 6 . 11/23/2007
So I was re-reading this fic ('cause, you know, it rocks my socks), and I came to the horror-stricken realization that I hadn't left a review for the final chapter. I must be loosing it in my old age, 'cause I coulda sworn I had.

Anyways, what's to love about this fic? Pretty much everything, methinks. The new original characters you introduced are all awesome in their own ways, but Mae in particular has my adoration. She reminds me of a friend of my family, especially in her manner of speech and physical appearance. Rather cool, that.

And, oh, poor Sheila! As Raphael said, one has to wonder if she'll ever have a good night's sleep again.

Hah! What a way to make an entrance into Pathways. Raph has a flair for the dramatic, doesn't he? The fight scene that followed soon afterwards was very well done, too. Heart-pounding and visceral, with more than enough realism to transport the reader right into the thick of things. Brava!

Whew... the ending still has the power to make my heart clench, even after a second read. I feel sorry for Amber, but even more so for Raphael, with his frustrated, conflicted emotions. I hope your next story (There's gonna be another one, right? *Soulful, pleading gaze*) will enable them to find some resolution.

Hm. Looking back on this review, it doesn't seem to properly express how much I loved this story. Since it seems to be the best my poor, addled brain can come up with, though, I suppose it'll have to do. Let me just state that this fic was a pleasure to read, from the very first word to the last. You talented chica, you... you never disappoint.
Winnychan chapter 6 . 11/22/2007
Sorry I am so late in reviewing this Bea! It really was great to read more about what's going on with Raph and Amber in this series. Though in places it was hard to read how rocky things are between them. Raph never takes the easy road does he?

I suspect that maybe why this story has seen a cool reception is because of its somewhat political nature but I love that sort of thing. It was definitely neat to watch their different world views clash. I love how you portray Raph as so much more street wise than his brothers, and yet still so naive about some things. He lives in a grey world compared to them, but in Amber's world his views almost seem black and white you know?

Anyway, great job. Can't wait to read more about Amber. Oh, and time to stop neglecting Don and Mike! You write them brilliantly and I want to see Don interact with Amber again especially, because what we've seen so far of their dynamic intrigued me. :)

XOXO

Winnychan
RAPHAELFAN02 chapter 5 . 11/13/2007
Ok so I have been secretly following your stories, and I wasn't until early this morning that I found you had started another multi-chapter story with your OC Amber, whom by the way is a very great, different and deep OC in my opinion, I luv just about everything about her character, I luv her and Raphael's relationship, and I luv the fact that you have her expressing the fact (especially concerning this story) that what she do and other's like her are choosing to live in this way of life. I believe that only a small portion of prostitues and those that use drug are forced into it (and I could be wrong), but I agree that people have a choice, always, and I'm glad to see a stories like this. That show both sides, those that choose and those that aren't choosing. And I also like Raphael in this story, he accepts, but he doesn't have to like it. That is so Raphael to me.

But anyway, I am, and have been really enjoying your stories, and hope to see more updates soon. Definately going to have to put you on my author/story alert, list and favorites.
greshunkai chapter 4 . 11/5/2007
ah! that's the switch! neat! echoing the great D-beautiful work. (poor confused Raphie!) high point of the day- to see another

chapter added to this absorbing tale. much you.
Dierdre chapter 3 . 11/2/2007
*Smacks life with a rolled-up newspaper, beating it about the head and shoulders with dramatic cries of "Back, foul beast! Back, I say!" Life eventually retreats into the night, sporting a limp and muttering dire threats of revenge. Dierdre, triumphant, adjusts her baseball cap and dusts off before fixing Tort with a sheepish grin* Sorry it took me so long to begin reviewing your works, chica. *Sniffles and bows head* A bad fic reader, am I.

So, what can I say about this literary gem? Mostly I just want to squeal fangirl-ishly, pester you endlessly for more ficcage and say 'Wow!' a lot. However, I'll see if I can gather myself long enough to say something semi-coherent.

I suppose I could start out with saying how impressed I am at the realness of your storytelling. 'Realness' is an exceedingly clumsy word, but it's all my caffeine-addled mind can come up with at the moment, and ultimately, I think it's fairly accurate. You've made the less reputable areas of New York beautiful to me; your crisp, clean writing style bringing them to life in a way that precious few have matched. Your characters are compelling and three-dimensional; simultaneously endearing and disturbing in their messy contradictions. And the emotions packed into every scene... gah, they're raw and heartfelt and so damn VISCERAL that I can't help but be pulled along with them, like a steel cord wrapped around my gut. Truly impressive stuff, chica.

And sweet shivering FUCK, I love Amber! Forgive my crude use of explicatives, but it's the truth. She is, without question, my favorite OC in ANY fandom that I have encountered thus far. She fascinates me, and like any good character in a story, I don't just like her. I feel for her and admire her undeniable intelligence, as well as her resiliency and the strength of her beliefs... but I'm also frustrated with her, baffled by some of her choices and worried for her safety. I'm repelled and COMpelled all at once, like a moth to a candle flame. I can't turn away, and I don't want to.

As for Raphael... what can I say? The way you write him is simple perfection. Flat. Point.

The story itself is coming along quite nicely, too. Project Dignity sets my teeth on edge, as any bumbling, sanctimonious organization that does more harm than good should. The tension and exquisite awkwardness between Amber and Raph is delicious, and I'm looking forward to seeing how that angle plays out. I'm a little worried for the girl that Raph dropped off at the Dignity house, too, so I'm anxious to see how she fares. And the confrontation between Raph and Amber at the end of chapter three just about made me cry. Seriously, there was so much emotion going on there (and it was written so very, very well) that my hands clenched into fists in my lap, and I felt my throat tighten in sympathy for them both.

It's not easy to get me tangled in emotional knots like that, it really isn’t. Damn, you're GOOD!

I could keep blathering on and on for at least another page, but it's getting late and bed beckons. However, since I now have internet access full time at home, I should be able to review the rest of your fics over the course of the next couple of weeks. Sound good? _

So... yeah. It's safe to say that I love this fic, and that you kick a serious amount of booty. Thanks for the marvelous read, chica!
Tori Angeli chapter 3 . 11/1/2007
Oh, oh darling! This is so well-done! I really believe this! Your revisions were perfect! Raph's attack on the tree at the end is so perfect, so restrained, so darned RAPH, oh it was wonderful! AH! Thank you for coming back to us!