Reviews for Perceptions
The Awesome March Hare chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
LOLOLOL Jazz is cool no matter what. I like it.
Please Note chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Interesting. Interesting.

Admittedly, I haven’t read any other explanations for Jazz’s visor yet, but I ardently like this one already. Relating the visor’s form to the cool factor is just so simple and Jazz-like. Truthfully, I didn’t ponder Ratchet’s advantage as a Medical Officer either. Of course, he would know if Jazz was blind or not. Prowl’s camaraderie with Jazz is pleasant as well. Too often, they’re at each other’s throats or distant in the fanfics I come across. Then again, your take and my preferences are simply personal. I’m also grateful for Spike’s inclusion and the Generation One atmosphere as a whole.

Overall, this is a good fic. However, if I were you, I’d consider spacing out those three middle/near-end paragraphs a bit more for a better fluidity.
Limmet chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Haha, best explanation for Jazz' visor so far. Much more original than the usual, more dramatic explanations...
Casey chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Well...gotta say, this was an interesting take on why Jazz wears the visor. I never would've thought of that. Please don't take this as a flame or anything, but I, personally, prefer the more dramatic explanations for it. Whenever I write about him, I go by the theory that his creator intended for him to not have perfect optics, so he'd care about people for what's on the inside and not looks, hence why he's so good at cheering people up and understanding the local cultures he finds himself in. That kind of talent couldn't have been from Special Ops. alone-he must have gotten the job BECAUSE of who he was already. So, I guess you could say I went with the blind theory in a sense...well, obviously not BLIND-blind, just a bit visually impared, so his visor is basically his glasses (a really COOL pair of glasses I might add!)

But all that rambling said, I still really enjoyed this little bit. It took me a second to realize that Jazz was narrarating at the beginning (Only problem with that is that you didn't seem to stick with it. It started in first person, then all of a sudden switched to third-might wanna' correct that-just a helpful suggestion). The comedic timing on this was priceless, what with everyone coming up with all these different dramatic reasons for the visor, when it turns out to be nothing more but a simple fashion statement.

I also liked Jazz's thoughts on each of his friends' explanations; you definately have all these guys down to a T.
JessyJazz chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I love the ending. So 'Jazz'. Just when everyone thought it was a real out-of-the-box reason, it was just something as simple as a fashion statement.

Brilliant. I do believe that Jazz is hiding much more than what he is showing. Every mech has got their own horror stories to tell and Jazz would be no exception. And given what he has witnessed and been through, he'll needs more than just a visor if he choses to hide his emotions. But we have to give it to him to be able to act as the pillar of moral support when every one else feels down and out. And given his nature, he is able to make it effortless to bring smiles on every mech's face.

That IS cool.
Celestial-Lorekeeper chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Hah hah! My first thought made right after the bet was placed was "He probably wears it just to drive people nuts trying to figure out why he wears it." I guess just because he likes it is close enough. Sunny and Sides will probably never live this one down.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 11/2/2007