Reviews for Twice Upon A Time
MarinaIbrahim chapter 6 . 4/14
If this whole story is being told by Sarah to her children, I'm really wondering what kind of figurative speeches she's using to disguise these scenes lol

Also, I'm all for intimate scenes, but not like this. Don't get me wrong, the way you describe the movements of Jareth is very sensual, but I'm having trouble enjoying the read because of Sarah's lack of voiced consent. It gives some relief that we're given insight into her mind, because she does say how she is attracted to him, but since she keeps outwardly rejecting him, what he's doing to her just doesn't sit right with me. I can't help but think that she hasn't really fallen in love with him yet... It's more lust than love, because he hasn't done enough to warrant love... He's been rather forceful and unyielding. I do sorely wish he would heed to Sarah's pleas. Also the fact that she's only 17 - she's still basically a child... I want to enjoy this story, I really do, but the consent and age part argh
MarinaIbrahim chapter 2 . 4/14
Wow, I love that transition you did from the prologue to this chapter. I love how fiery Sarah is towards Jareth (and feels in character), and how Jareth still has that mischievous air to him, even though he plays bitingly polite.
MarinaIbrahim chapter 1 . 4/14
What an interesting premise you've set up in this first chapter! Nothing like I have ever encountered before! Sarah truly does make a great storyteller; I could never be as descriptive or eloquent haha~
kellyn1604 chapter 7 . 11/21/2015
This was really good. I loved it and I loved the ending.
Born in 20th Century chapter 7 . 9/29/2015
Looking forward to reading more! :)
Bugula chapter 7 . 8/10/2014
Well done! Original and well written. I too had some reservation about the not so consensual sexual encounter but the last chapter puts some ease to it. I tried to see it from an other angle, Sarah not fully consenting but mostly because of being afraid of the unknown, the implications and the aftermath, Jareth, full of powerful retained desire, unwilling to stop himself despite knowing that he should. It was a big risk to take for both. Clear communication between them obviously needs to improve! :) Looking forward to a sequel!
Nanyin chapter 7 . 11/16/2013
That last sentence so killed any misgivings. Kudos
startraveller776 chapter 7 . 3/26/2013
What a perfect, amazing ending. Just...brilliant. I had the stupid tears right along with Sarah.

Thank you for the lovely read.
startraveller776 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I was just as enthralled as Jareth and the children! I was all, "Hey! What happens next?" LOL.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 7 . 6/5/2011
thanks for the read!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
aw. gotta love a raw Jareth.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 4 . 6/5/2011
lovely quotes there. poor Sarah.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 3 . 6/5/2011
this is fun to read.
fayriel chapter 7 . 2/19/2011
Thank you! I definitely love your story! _
Guest chapter 7 . 2/1/2011
This story is very well written, but something irks me.

Even if she thinks him hot, it is still rape. He paid no heed to her pleas to stop, she had no control whatsoever about what he did with her. I believe Sarah to be a strong-willed person (at least she appears to be so in the movie) and I cannot fathom how anyone, after being forced to have sex, could just brush it of and say: "Well, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Let's get married then."

Taming of the Shrew reflects the ideals and viewpoints of the Elizabethan Age. To brainwash and torture an independent young woman into becoming an perfect wife who obeys her husbands every whim should be considered an atrocity in modern times.

Sorry for my bad English, it is not my native tongue.