Reviews for Severus Snape and the Muggle
Hilary chapter 1 . 3/7
NOOOOOO! You can't just stop the story here! I've been reading this story for the past two days; it's practically all I've done-your story is so good that I've forgone hanging out with people on the weekend. Okay, so I never do much of that, anyways, but still-will you be coming back to this story at some point? Even if it's not for a while? Just let us know. I'm sure there are many people out there who've been enjoying this story.
Arnel 63 chapter 34 . 2/15
Oh, I wish there was more to this story. You've forged a completely believable relationship between Harry and Severus Snape that I didn't know could exist until you wrote about it. I've read many stories where Harry and Severus have come to like each other, but that's because those Harrys have been much younger than the fifteen-year-old in this story, one who was much more trusting than the jaded teenager getting ready to turn sixteen. I also wonder what your plans were for the rest of the story. Does Harry's being Legilimized help the Order or just lead into Harry's lessons with Dumbledore during his sixth year? I also wonder whether Harry and Ginny get to be together later in the summer or whether sending letters with Hedwig is their only means of communication. I think it would be wonderful if Erin taught Muggle Studies and hope she will eventually accept the position and teach at Hogwarts, thus making both Severus and Harry happier people during the school year. No matter what, well done. I've thoroughly enjoyed your story.
Arnel 63 chapter 31 . 2/12
I like your theory that Harry can feel the castle's magic and that the founders left clues about how to manipulate that magic in order to strengthen the enchantments in a specific way. I know Harry is loath to leave The Burrow and his new girlfriend (yippee! This happened when it should have, in my opinion), but I also agree with Dumbledore that they have to make a last-ditch effort to keep Harry relatively safe until he can go Horcrux hunting in a year or so.

Arnel 63 chapter 30 . 2/12
The overdose couldn't happen to a nicer character... yeah, right. It's nice to know that the bad guy is suffering for once. Harry needs to take comfort in that bit of silver lining. I'm glad the victims have been rescued and the ones on the list are being rounded up and taken to safety. Ginny's ability to calm Harry a little made me smile; I'm glad he's finally noticing her. Well done.
Arnel 63 chapter 29 . 2/12
I'm one of those prudes who skip the gory details of sex scenes in romance books, so your rewrite seems very appropriate to me: it covers all the basics and leaves a lot to the imagination, just the way I like it. Thank goodness for privacy charms, is all I'll say.

Poor Harry! At least he had some additional Voldemort-free hours before being assaulted by more horrific visions. Hopefully, he won't be too riddled with guilt over Voldemort's treatment of the Muggle boys. That's just sick!
Arnel 63 chapter 28 . 2/12
Dumbledore's sadly mistaken if he thinks Harry will not get wind of the headline in the Prophet. Just the fact that his machinations are in full swing and relying on Hermione to keep silent about what she knows guarantees that Harry's going to discover what's going on sooner rather than later. Dumbledore keeps forgetting that if Hermione knows Harry like a brother, he knows her equally well as a sister. I wonder how many more chapters it's going to take for him to find out...
Arnel 63 chapter 24 . 2/11
Loved what you did to the Muggle who assaulted Harry. Couldn't have happened to a nicer gent. Dumbledore is wise in getting everyone to The Burrow expeditiously. I think Harry's recovery will be easier when he's in the company of friends. This also benefits Sev and Erin, too, in that they can possibly finally fulfill their desires without having to worry about a surly teenager cramping their style.

Arnel 63 chapter 23 . 2/11
Another good chapter. However, I'm curious about something. In the car scene when Harry, Erin and Snape were conversing about Tom Riddle, the information about Tom's parentage wasn't something Harry was given by Dumbledore until well into his sixth year. Since this is the summer before Harry's sixth year, how could he know the father was a Muggle and the mother a witch? Or why Riddle had changed his name while he was at school?

I really like how you worded the last paragraph. It made me smile to know that the "real" Severus Snape, the one molded by his years in the Dark Lord's service, hasn't slipped away into nothingness. I'm hoping he can put this part of him to good use.
Arnel 63 chapter 22 . 2/11
I'm hoping the rest of Harry, Sev and Erin's journey is better than this first day's experience. I'm not sure Harry can take much more of Voldemort's celebrations; it's definitely worrying that the scar can make itself known through Polyjuice Potion made by Severus Snape.

It's good that the adults had a few moments together to reconnect a little. Even though they were together in the car, that environment isn't very conducive to caring intimacy. At this point, I think both of them need all the togetherness they can conjure.
Arnel 63 chapter 18 . 2/9
I'm glad Dumbledore talked some sense into Harry. I had to smile when Harry nearly caught Snape and Erin mid-snog.
Arnel 63 chapter 17 . 2/9
Oh, poor Harry! JKR certainly didn't dwell on how Harry felt at the beginning of HBP and I'm sure that at one point or another he probably entertained leaving the Wizarding world for good just like your Harry. However, due to the fact that her intended audience was ten- to fourteen-year-olds, she glossed over those feelings rather thoroughly, only having Harry acknowledge his sadness when pressed by Dumbledore. I suppose Harry has to reach an all-time low before he can begin to claw himself back up to his "normal" self.

It was good to see the romance between Sev and Erin blossom. Now that he knows he's genuinely loved by someone, his frosty demeanor towards Harry just might thaw a fraction more than it already has.

Arnel 63 chapter 16 . 2/9
Thank goodness Sev and Erin have stopped emulating Ron and Hermione! It will be interesting to see his reaction to her thoughts about him in the next chapter.

I'm glad Erin was able to calm Harry's night terrors and get him to settle back into restful sleep. He's needed someone to do that for him for far too long.
Arnel 63 chapter 13 . 2/7
Oh, I love your last sentence. I'm giggling like crazy as I type this. You certainly have nerve writing Dumbledore's proposal for helping Harry. I wonder if it will work. At worst, it would mean three more deaths, at best, the two wizards would barely survive living together. I'm not sure Erin is all that excited about being thrown into the quagmire that is the Harry/Severus history. The one thing I found encouraging was Severus' ponderings about the reason he treats Harry and marks Harry's work the way he does. I suppose it wouldn't do for Severus to actually show Harry the compassion he feels.

I thought Erin's assessment of her actions and feelings was succinct and I actually felt rather sorry for her when she was lost in the bowels of the castle. I did smirk, however, when she discovered that she had actually tried to make herself pleasantly presentable before venturing into the dungeons to thank Severus for finding Pumpkin.

Oh, the tangled web you weave!
Arnel 63 chapter 12 . 2/7
Poor Harry just can't catch a break, can he? That the poor kid was completely wiped out because he cast two spells just made me want to hug him and mother him to death. However, I think I'll leave that to Erin, who I think is finally coming round to some of the stranger aspects of the magical world such as Dobby. By the way, you write Dobby very well. Some authors just don't get his speech pattern, but you seem to have studied it enough to make it sound like it does in the books.

It made me smile when Harry offered to lend Erin his "Hogwarts: a History." Hopefully she'll spend some time reading it and learning the history of the castle. No matter what, if Hermione knew that Harry possessed a copy and was willing to lend it in order to educate another, she'd be ecstatic.

Finally, should I be singing the Matchmaker song from Fiddler on the Roof? Dumbledore seems bent on throwing Erin and Sev together no matter how horribly they resemble Ron and Hermione when they squabble.
Arnel 63 chapter 10 . 2/6
All throughout this chapter I heard Alan Rickman's voice in every one of Severus' speeches. While he seems less than pleased at being relegated to playing escort on their little excursion, at least he seems tolerant of Erin. By the way, I think it was quite crafty of you to have Erin wearing McGonagall's slippers so that Severus would have an excuse to touch her and interact with her on a more intimate level. That one gave me a good chuckle.
1,201 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »