Reviews for Doing the Best He Can
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I love parental John! You capture him so nicely. Him mulling over Sam being a mother's boy was certainly endearing. And so true. Beautifully done!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
A good picture of John's motivation.
moonlight80 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Dang! You've captured John so well. I'm impressed.

"He would rather be hated by a living Sammy than loved by a dead one." That was so perfect. Right on! Thanks for sharing.
Merisha chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
This is just how I imagine papa Winchester to be ... completely protective of his boys - you captured his nature perfectly!

Great follow up to 'Some things are cliches for a reason' ;0)

Kind regards

Merisha
luvjase chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Wow. I really LOVED the way you portrayed John in this. I loved John and still wish they hadn't had to kill him off. This was exactly how I thought of him. Wonderful job. I really loved the scene with the vampire. Thanks.
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
I'm glad you wrote this from John's perspective. You captured his driven personality and tempered it with love. I can see the character fleshed out better in this piece than it was allowed to be in the series. And the ending-echos Dean's Deal-fiercly protective to the detrament of self. Good job!
Devil'sDesire14 chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
First? YES! Aw, such a sweet story. Love how you potrayed John. I miss him, now, don't you? *sigh* But, we writers can keep him alive in our fics!