Reviews for Birthday Bumps
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
good story, i like it
Don'tSleep chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
XD Hibiscus tho...That last bit made me laugh my A$$ off...For their own good indeed. And knowing the Winchesters, that future gift certificate will be to a haunted Arby's. ;)
Beautiful whump, thank you for the story, and have a nice temporal anomaly!
Ihni chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Hahaha, that last comment made the whole story rise to a whole new level of Greatness! This was a good short story. Thanks for that!
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Excellent! Loved Sam in a strip club - research ... right.

And phone sex, who would have thought, just goes t o show there is a time and place for all things , obviously a bus is not one of them.

What a great birthday gift for TraSan.
psiChic chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
*claps*

That was GREAT! I was laughing and worrying at all the appropriate moments, probably some innapprpriate ones too. LOL This was awesome! :D
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
What a delicious story (I got a little nudge to read this one and I am so glad that I did). Sam's past birthday experiences at the hands of his brother all capped by this latest one! Loved the twists and turns this story took, Rhea was a complete surprise and Hibiscus (love the name) a true delight. Lets hope that Dean's sticks to Sam's suggestion on what to get him for his next birthday...(or perhaps not cos' then we could have a follow up of sorts... hint,hint!).
Ciya chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
I can see how a present from Dean would turn into a run-for-you-life-from-a-burning-historic-building. Great story.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
What a fabulous ghost story! You know how I love the brothers' banter and humor. This one was loaded with it - laughed out loud many times. What an interesting backstory about a person who kidnapped free blacks and forced them into slavery. Learn something new every day... I cracked up with Rhea's banter with the boys. And Hibiscus was a real throwback to the 60's - outfit and all. Really fabulous OCs. I agree with Sammy - next year - a gift certificate!

Happy belated birthday, TraSan. This may be your gift, but it was enjoyed by all. Great job, wysawyg. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Until next time...
kogsy21 chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Hey - I really enjoyed this. What a fun romp! The brotherly banter was great.

“His aura has to be girlier than mine.” Ha!

The mole...hee!

My only moment of grievance in the lack of DeanWhump was when Dean's hand and arm scrapes weren't addressed again by Dean himself, a worried Sam, or the medic...but hey, I guess this was a present for a Sam girl, so I'll give on that one. :)

Kogsy
Ash8 chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Oh that was just delightful! The banter was spot on - so funny. Loved the plot and of course some Sammy whumping. Great stuff. :D
carocali chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Well thank goodness that TraSan had a birthday so we could have a fun Sammy story from your pen!

The underground railroad is/was VERY big in Illinois. I remember, as a tot, the museums describing the tunnels and the importance of them and their escapes to freedom for the slaves. You did wonderful justice to those horrible times in history.

And what's not to love about a tossed-around Sammy? Out a window, strangled? I'm sure TraSan was squeeing all over the place! I know I was! Not only that, but you have a wonderfuly written story, with great dialogue and factoids throughout. Loved this:

"She's one of those hippie girls, flower-child generations too late." Rhea's voice carried an undertone of benevolent amusement.

"Well, we'll be sure to say 'Howdy' if we see her," Dean snarked from next to Sam.

"Christo," Sam muttered at his brother and flicked his flashlight onto Dean's face to watch for a flinch.

Dean did flinch, but it was more the 'Little brother just flashed light in my eyes' than 'I'm a demonically possessed evil bastard' type. "What was that for?"

"Anytime anyone in our family says 'howdy,' they’re possessed."

Dean paused, the expression on his face showing he was thinking about that. "Fair enough. Good call."

Are you trying to say something here? :D

Really great stuff. You're welcome to write a Sam fic for MY birthday as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

;D

Caroline
Xdaisy chainX chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
awesome awesome one shot, i loved this fic. great plot and great characters. i loved the whole birthday angle lol, i can just imagine dean doing that for sams birthday and thinking it would be the greatest present ever

loved it!

kudos

XsarahX
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
I really liked this! Very well done. Enough whumpage for all...and several chuckles along the way!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Awesome oneshot! Poor Sam, having to go thru all that mess on his borthday-to be choked and nearly thrown out a window-but then that is just the Winchester luck!
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Squee! OMG, where do I start?

I'm sitting in a coffee shop enjoying my birthday present to myself (2 hours alone, my laptop and an iced espresso) and I find the story alert in my inbox.

So for the last 30 minutes I've been grinning like a fool and giggling to myself and even one hand clap over choked Sam.

*happy sigh*

Okay, beginning...

Sam's thoughts on opening a present from Dean - awesome.

Finding out he'd been to a strip club with Jess - Priceless...

That is until later in the story and we find out about Sam and phone sex. Hee...Oh, more giggles.

Rhea giving the brothers a hard time about their possible sexuality only to find out later she's a Reaper so she obviously knows they are brothers and just enjoyed yanking their chain...LOL

Then we have Sam out the window, Sam choked, Dean to the rescue, burning house (oh yes, and Dean's comment about...You know how I love burning down building...love me some snarky Dean)...

Flying Crazy Ghost Airlines (hee, reminded me of one of my favorite South Park eps ever. There's no Canada like French Canada)!

Oops wait, it's about the story not my mindless ramblings.

Off we go again...

The flashlight argument. Oh I have so been Dean in this part. "Stop using my name as a swear word." LOL

Dean shaking the damn bell from Hibiscus (she's totally hysterical by the way. The engineer joke about the toaster, the flower child turned Ghost Hunter wannabe. Loved her). I could picture him doing that and Sam's reaction and then when he tried it in desperation later I could totally see the expression on his face when he tried and it didn't work, just like he knew it wouldn't.

Oh and then the boys stuck in the fire!

But the last line was truly wonderful (and my sentiments exactly. I have a Barnes and Noble GC burning a hole in my pocket right now).

Sam nodded and removed the mask, “Though, one thing, Dean?”

“What?” Dean asked, looking a little confused.

“Next year? Gift certificate.”

Loved it! Thank you so much for writing.