Reviews for The Luck of the Draw
AnnieTaphouse chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
very cleaver! I love it x
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Ack, the angst!

[She hates that every move with Remus must now be calculated. She hates that she can't crack a joke or tease him like she used to, hates that none of this went the way she thought it would.] That said, this line was really good. Well, 'these lines', rather, seeing as how there are two. Admitting you have feelings for someone always does leave things a tiny bit awkward, you know? Ack. And of course in this case, things are more awkward than usual. Poor Tonks. I can't help but feel sorry for her, here.
sagebrushandthistle chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Playing at Patience. That's rather poignant.

I did like the way you made Ogden's Finest and Sirius fringe material, if that makes sense.

Additionally, I *loved* this paragraph: "She bites back the urge to say obviously, because if he had, he'd be hiding in his room or would have looked for an excuse to leave. She smiles instead, looks back at her cards, hoping he'll take this as a sign to come in. There are no other moves, and so she takes the deck, deals three cards and turns the last – ten of spades, which is no use." (ignore total misuse of both colon and quotation use on my part, please) I really liked the echoing of her little pushing match with Remus in her game.
RhiMayFAN chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
ooh, i like!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Interesting.
isa chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Ok, I elmost never review. But you are just TOO good. All your stories are. It takes my laziness away. Loved your story, especially the fact you didn't force it, their relationship was slow to happen, and usually ppl try to rush it in oneshots, and make it far too long in chaptered fics. But this is perfect. And i loved the whole patience thing, it saves the use of words, the reader understands everything without you having to explain it, the game is enough. Plus, I'm a sucker for patience, I'm always playing it in the PC. Anyway, congrats!
The-Tzipporah chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Oh, poor little Tonks. Patience is probably not one of her stronger qualities. But it's good to know that she will snatch him some day.

I've missed being able to read your stories for the last months or so. I have been working way too much and it actually came back to bite me a bit harder than I would have liked. But now I am slowing down and getting some time for myself so now I will be able too read a bit more from my favorite fanfic author.

I liked that one quite a lot. It was short and cute and I have missed those two for some time now too.
TheRimmerConnection chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Clever, very clever. I like your short ones :D
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Patience and Solitaire-same game, different names, but either would work in the way you've used it here. For some reason, that tickles my fancy.

Patience has me thinking of Tonks like a cat at a mouse hole, while Solitaire...well, that would just be the precursor to that 'something else' Tonks wanted to play, methinks. ;)

Fun little fic!
go.suck.on.a.lemon chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
I like the cards as a metaphor for their relationship. this is an excellent piece. Sometimes the shorter ones are better. Props! XD
AluraEmbrey chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Sorry it took me so long to read this! It was great, as usual! I love the relation to the game, and the tension is definatly felt.
Kuroi Garyuu chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Well, this is definitely more cheerful than your latest The Werewolf Who Stole Christmas chapter. I needed something to lift my spirits...and anything that has Sirius in it definitely does! ;)
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Patience - what a lovely way to tie everything in together. Adorable little ficlet! You write tonks and remus so well *sigh*
Yt chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
This is amazing!
MysteriWriter07 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
aw, that was really cute. are you going to add another chapter? as well as it works as a one-shot, there is no such thing as too much remus/tonks ;) as always, you write them perfectly... i'm waiting patiently for the next chapter of 'The Werewolf who Stole Christmas' btw! :)