Reviews for Inner Glow
Alsheon chapter 3 . 6/6
It's a good fic! But to be honest L is really ticking me off here noooo, I'm not mad at you at all Authoooor~ you already make L as IC as you can. The problem is I could clearly see L doing something like this. Such a childish of him to ranaway for two years just because huge disagreement and the fact that he's probably don't want a divorce.
Light's parents here also tipped me off. For once, if I learned my daughter eloped I would immadiately be furious. I meant, I carried you for almost ten months and you didn't even told me you're married already? But, I'm not gonna go so far in my fury, maybe some screaming and hyperventilating in the process. After all, elopement is STILL legal, but I'll demand a proper marriage in process because in my tradition a girl CAN'T get married without her father's concern (something has to do with. When you're marrying off a daughter she's not your responsiblity anymore, she is her husband's entirely). Contrary, Soichiro and Sachiko seems to only directed their ire to Light here.
Me? I would go all balistic to my daughter's husband. I meant, Running away without news for two years. Did not being a proper Man to properly went up to me and my husband to Ask my daughter's hand in marriage. And... He's treating my precious daughter like... A disposable asset! You're not treating your own wife as a disposable asset, she's your significant other! Irreplacable! What is that? "Help me in a difficult and possibly dangerous case and I'll grant you your wish to divorce.". If I'm in Sachiko's place, L would have more than just one palm-like redmark that Light had gifted. Who cares about him being the World Greatest's detective and my own husband's superior? He hurts my daughter for two years and he better have a damn good reason to, well... Even if he have a damn good reason, I will still slap him first- talk later. Now, please get TF out of my house, see you in the courtroom tomorrow! My beautiful daughter would help you to serve justice but not without being legally single first!
Cosmok13 chapter 17 . 5/1
Yep, saw that one coming a mile away.
Cosmok13 chapter 12 . 4/25
Well, I think someone better pick up that phone... Because I called it!
Cosmok13 chapter 8 . 4/18
Okay, I am predicting that the killer in this story will be Beyond Birthday. I will continue the story and see for myself.
Crimson613 chapter 20 . 1/21
so it doesn't look like you're still on fanfiction and maybe you won't see this but i just had to leave /something/!

i read this story years ago, probably around the time you were writing it? and since i recently rewatched death note i thought i'd go back and read some fanfiction. as i was reading, i remembered your story, which is why i came over to this site, because i knew it was here. it took me WEEKS before i found this as i was also reading other stories. i asked some people about it but i guess the fandom is old and people just can't remember anymore? (or at least im really bad at tltles xD)

and then i found it! i instantly knew it was this one from the summary and /SCREMS/ i'm so glad it was completed! i think i left off on the chapter where LxLight first slept together and i just never came back for some reason. I absolutely loved this. it was so cliche and just overall typical but that's also one of my weaknesses in romance OTL and i was just hoping that one of them would cave and finally Confess how they felt! but of course they had me suffering for two more weeks because neither wanted to LOL

oh man, I'm def going to check out the femL story you've got!
Asantai-fish chapter 20 . 1/1
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Also, congrats on the amazing fic! It's beautiful! Feedback; did you know that when you described their meeting at her door in the final chapter you said that her heart almost stopped breathing.
KnowNonsense chapter 20 . 1/5/2016
This story really hit a cord in me, and the emotions and thoughts and everything were really just beautiful. I felt it was pretty realistic, and I must say, I'm glad they got a happy ending. Thanks so much for writing this wonderful story. :)
reflectedmisery chapter 20 . 8/3/2015
This was a nicely written story, but I feel obligated to leave my critique here.
I loved the prose. No complaints on your dictation.
But I often found myself cringing throughout the story.
Now before you read what I next have to say, I wish to state that I am in no way trying to put you or anyone else down and myself up, because we all have our flaws and God knows that I'D never be able to write something like this, at least not the way I am now. Nor am I saying that I am definitely better than you in this way. It definitely possible that you are. But statistically unlikely.
But from the point of view of a female of an above-average intelligence, I was cringing.
To put in place where I am, I believe I lie somewhere around 97-99th percentiles. As opposed to L and Raito, whom I would place in the 99.9999999th percentile. Or Mello and Near, whom I would place in the 99.99999995th percentile.
As first, someone as intelligent as L likely wouldn't have moved so quickly into a relationship, and on the chance he did, would NOT have given up so quickly. Especially not without an adequate rationalization to at least himself.
But this, however, was the premise of your work, and I am not male, so I will leave this be further.
Raito, however.
An intelligent, independent(emphasis on independent) woman such as Raito would NEVER let L get NEAR her again. While I cannot speak for all, and not completely Raito, those intelligent tend to compartmentalize emotion(Mello is an exception, as he seems to let his emotions flow instead of holding them in, leaving him severely volatile and impatient). She let go of her barrier's once to a man, and found herself shattered by him. She gave him everything and he spurned it. Even if she could let go enough to love again, it would NEVER be the SAME man who spurned her. Maybe if he came back after a month or two. But a couple of YEARS?! Fuck no. And without even a proper reason for leaving. Never. If it were me, I'd cut off his dick.
And let's say that there is the slightest possibility of him regaining her trust. He'd need to get on his knees, kiss her feet, and tell her how much he loved her and how damn fucking SORRY he was, and that he knew he had been a fucking spineless jackassed bastard.
I read what you wrote about his thoughts, and he kept saying in his head how much he missed her, but couldn't say it out loud.
WELL WHY FUCKING NOT?!
THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDED TO HEAR.

Vulnerability.
Sex may be the way to a man's heart, but showing vulnerability is the way to a woman's. She didn't want to see the cocky bastard. She wanted to see a man who KNEW that he did something wrong!

I'm sorry for blowing up like this.
But many things in this story rubbed me the wrong way.
Again, your prose was excellent and you have real potential, especially as this was written about 7 years ago and you've doubtlessly had more practice, but please don't write such weak characters again. Because yes, despite supposed to be and sometimes being strong willed, they were also incredibly weak willed.
I feel a little sick now.
Vicky chapter 15 . 5/10/2015
I am mostly enjoying the story but I hate where you keep having Light refer to basically any woman who isn't sexually repressed as "a lesser woman". It is clear to see that you are projecting your own feelings on the matter on the character. In the actual Death Note Universe, Light shows no real attraction to anyone in the series but is willing to use sex to his advantage to help him manipulate the people around him to achieve his vision of justice. At no point in the series does he call out any character, male or female, on their sexual habits. The only character who we ever see being punished in relation to sex, is the second person Light kills - the man about to commit rape. And before you write this off as needless flaming by someone who is a lesser woman, I am presently still virgin, which coincidentally has zero impact on my worth as a person. And when I lose my virginity outside of marriage, my worth will not have changed. I could write another paragraph on how you only ever mention women as being "lesser", as apparently men aren't held up to the same standards as women, but if you haven't conceded my point by now then I am afraid you are a lost cause. I enjoy the story but I think you suck as a person. Love Vicky.
Ai no Maneshi chapter 20 . 3/21/2015
Thats it? Mooooooore! :(
Guest chapter 6 . 2/23/2015
i dont want them to get closer!
memories.of.rain chapter 20 . 1/14/2015
This story is pure GOLD. I loved the way that you kept everyone in character but added your own spin on them as well. The case with B was done brilliantly and I was trying to figure out the case along with L and Light. I was also very impressed with how you stuck to the plot of the story about L and Light's marriage and made it very believable. I've read stories in the past that all of a sudden became completely unbelievable and everything was okay. But you didn't do that, you gave there relationship a taste of reality, the ups and downs and wanting to stay together but thinking that they'd be better apart. I can't rave about this fic enough and I love fem!Light. *gives you a plate of cookies and a glass of milk* OUTSTANDING JOB! I hope you continue to write such amazing stories.
Demon's Trill chapter 20 . 1/8/2015
It was so good reading this. I really liked fem! Raito even though she is less narcissistic than male Raito I think she was in characters as was L and everybody else.
miss nyx chapter 20 . 10/28/2014
Just to say that I love this story and have read it so many times and I never get bored. Thank you so much for such an amazing story! x
Teacuppy chapter 20 . 5/2/2014
Beautiful story, I enjoyed reading this, thank you for this gift, and thank you for actually completing it. I'll read more from you :-)