Reviews for Thursday with Granddad
W.Blackbird chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was excellent.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This is the Augusta we all know and don't love or admire.
jdee-mysteries chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Aw...poor Neville! He's such a wonderful, sweet kid...I hate that he had to go through such a tragic childhood.
littlejohnny.lj chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
You've really captured Neville the way I imagined him. Great job!
NLaddict chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
omg, this is amazing. i alway imagined neville like that as a young one, you're an amazing writer. I hope this isn't the end?
Thanfiction chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
How lovely to see for once a story tackle Neville's family's fears that he is a squib from a perspective of love and concern rather than domineering disapproval. This is really beautifully handled, well inclusive of the normal amount of family drama and bad blood without harping on it, and it really rings true with families I've known who are worried their child is autistic, mildly retarded, or has a serious disease like leukemia or MS. The moment they realize Neville has walked in on them is perfectly wrenching without being overstated. Kudos! Oh, and may I please have permission to steal the name Trevor for his grandfather?
chocoluvr chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Good story, with Neville spending time with Alice's father and with him sick. Too bad Trevor didn't threaten to take Alice too and see if the muggles couldn't do anything with her. How different Neville's life if the muggles could work with both her and Frank. Though Neville probaly needs to see a therapist to work with his issues with his parents' disabilities. Too bad Trevor didn't remind Augusta that Neville isn't Frank and will never be.
Dogstar101 chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
This was well-written, I enjoyed it, even though I have my own personal canon of Neville's early childhood, so this is quite different from how I imagine the familial relationships. It's an interesting scene in PS where Neville talks about his family, and this was a good insight to how the incident in Blackpool might have taken place. A Britpick I noticed - Brits don't talk about 'the ocean' - it's always 'the sea'.
Ginginginger chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Oh poor Neville! I'm so sorry that he can't please his gran and he almost drowned in Blackppol. It's nice that is grandad is their for him. Are you going to write more?
Rugi chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
I think love this story even more than your first one. I like the personality you've written for Neville's grandfather (so sute that his name is Trevor!) and I really felt for him when he was considering that his grandson might be unable to live in the world he was born in to. Great job!