Reviews for Lights Out
Avocet chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
There are a few things that could be tweaked (missing words in several chapters, or using 'ascent' instead of 'assent' in chapter 14) but dang, this is a very well-written story. You handle everything very carefully, and for being based on a movie about a demon I really didn't expect anything so well thought out or sensitively handled. Well done.

I'm glad I got to read this story while it's still here, and if this ever does get published, I would definitely buy it.
abb chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
i didnt even compeletly READ this 1st chap and u ALREADY have me hooked!
sastath chapter 8 . 3/16/2009
So whats the deal with this? Is this like a crossover or something? Right now I got Jeepers Creepers, The Birds, and Silent Hill.

Otherwise I'm lost in all this religious mumbo jumbo. God this, Jesus that, Moses hits me with a wiffle ball bat.
Sun Dragon Sorceror chapter 15 . 8/25/2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this. I almost wish the director would make a movie along these lines. The "gang theme" would work perfectly in a JC movie. Good luck on getting it published. I'm sure people will buy it.
Darkinyron chapter 14 . 8/22/2008
By the way, if this comes out in print, I'll be sure to get a copy! :)
Darkinyron chapter 15 . 8/22/2008
GREAT ending! It's so nice to see people in this section who can actually WRITE with a PLOT and stay with it! lol, you don't know how happy it makes me when people finish what they write and actually do an awesome job with it. Now, this epilogue has me wondering...will you be writing any more? I hope so!
redplanetes chapter 15 . 8/20/2008
If I didn't tell you before... THIS STORY IS GREAT!

It truly made my day to see you back, and the story completed. I've been waiting, hoping, yearning for the rest of the story. It deserves to be in print - heck, on FILM - but I'm so glad you posted the rest here. I'd have gladly given an arm and a leg, maybe a kidney or even an eyeball, to find out what happened. Excellent action, and the ending is perfect!
Darkinyron chapter 6 . 8/18/2008
Are you ever going to update? I've yet to see this in a store...
redplanetes chapter 6 . 12/1/2007
This is a fantastic story, bravo! Action-filled, suspenceful, and genuinely scary. Your characterization of the Creeper is so dead-on perfect.

'There was something in his stance, though, that sucked the confidence out of Durrell’s chest.'

'Weaponless and alone, the figure under the hat paralyzed them with his defiance. He stretched an arm behind himself and shoved the van door closed...The man in the hat suddenly stepped forward, heading straight for them with quick paces.'

'A boogeyman who has a knack for knitting, no less.'

I loved the scene in Ch 4 when Durrell discovers the sewn-up wound in his belly. THAT...was creepy.

You have my admiration, my envy, and my fanhood. Please keep writing this story; I'll definitely keep reading.
Darkinyron chapter 3 . 11/17/2007