Reviews for The Half Drow Chronicles
Shotokan Master chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
I only read the first chapter, but it all looked quite good and can't wait to read the remaining; it is definitely one of the better stories i have read.
DarkEcho-in-the-sky chapter 4 . 11/3/2007
good story right more please
Lady Fellshot chapter 4 . 11/2/2007
Well, well, someone else who realized that a drow/surface elf mix could be fun .

A couple of minor nits before I get to the "give author a cookie" part of this review.

Descriptions, I love desriptions of places and people. They give a better feel to a story. A few short blurbs here and there about the woods, the bustle of the City of Splendors, etc. Aside from a few akward phrases here and there, it's nicely written.

I would have appreiciated some banter and random conversation between any of the main three characters. It would give a better feeling of who these people are. Particularly when you introduce characters. And I'll be honest, you threw a lot of characters out at the reader and I'm not entirely sure what place they had in the story aside from "informant." And while I'm on the subject of characters, I'd like to say that this feels more like Kairel's story than Adrael's. As full elves go, she's awfully young to start adventuring, particularly since it sounds like she was raised around other elves. I'm also a little confused as to how much of a time gap there is between the prologue and chapter one (a few days or a few decades?).

Last of all, (and I'm probably the only one who would get confused over this) I could have used something to date the prologue. The first thought that crossed my mind was that I was reading a fic set in the Third Crown War. A note of "Neverwinter Wood" would have been all I needed to avoid that particular confusion. :-P

Now for cookies :-) You have a good story premise and a very interesting initial set of characters. It's been a very long while since I saw one with an archon are doing a decent job of avoiding Sues (although mention of Miliekki and drow in the same fic still makes me groan). I look forward to the development of the villain with the unreasonably long hair. Does it work like Sampson's (as in Sampson and Delilah)?

Happy writing,