Reviews for FanFiction Ruined My Life
thebluninja chapter 3 . 7/11
"to show you how I get top marks on papers as a nEnglish major. " - Not with sentences like this, I hope. :p

"Her face was twisted, and her tone was condescending, like I was doing something wrong. " - Yep, that was my mom's reaction the first time she saw me with a borrowed D&D book. Also when I said I was re-enlisting in the military. Also when I told her I was getting married. ... yanno, if you didn't talk about being a choir major, I'd swear you were my little brother.

"from all around the world at , the largest online " - Not sure you know that this website deletes anything that even looks like a website address, including its own.
thebluninja chapter 2 . 7/11
A couple of minor spelling mistakes (oyu, ture). But still good.

"So many of these fan fiction writers that hope to be paid authors someday? They got to learn their mistakes and brush up on their writing " - You know, honestly this attitude is one I don't like. I don't write fanfiction so that I can get better at writing to become a published author, I write fanfics because I have stories that I want to tell. They just happen to be in someone else's world.
thebluninja chapter 1 . 7/11
"So I can't smell the horrible smell of imaginary flesh burning," - Oh god, this line is utterly hilarious.

"I'm not giving into these stupid fantasies anymore so I can live a normal life and I'm unreasonable?!" - If you have no dreams, is life worth living?

"I'm not brave or stupid enough to kill myself" - *hugs* I know that feel.
Oriongirl chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
I just had to stop and let you know how much I adored this chapter. It is saved on my computer and rightfully so. This describes soooooo much what I am going through right now, and even though I know that you are older now since you posted this, it brings me comfort to know that I am not alone.

Seriously, this is basically the story of my life and to read it made me laugh crazily loud and go mist-eyed all at once somehow. Thank-you so much for sharing in such a creative, amusing way. This encouraged me in my lonely fight for publication! :)
K.W chapter 3 . 12/30/2011
I just found this story and I thought it was very original and enjoyable. I wish there were more stories like this! Thanks for sharing!
Hellspanda chapter 3 . 12/26/2010
Your story is a very touching one as well as one that can be sympathised and understood by many here in the FanFic comunity, I myself have stayed up nights till the early mourning consumed by many an authers writting only to be dead on my feet the next day for classes or work.

I only latched onto this after my unsuccesful stint of highschool but I've always had 'random plotline books' and collective scraps of paper with prose and poetry, I have tried to write fanfiction but I find it difficult to stay within the lines so to I respect those of the comunity that do so, so very well.

It is a all consuming hobbie and even as I'm writting this I have my mothers voice comment that I'm just up to my 'old crap' rather than oh lets say scrubbing the bathroom tiles or something...I can understand your plight to a degree and I'm happy to hear that you've made it into a positive for your life, I can only hope that you do well in the path you've chosen and that you don't forget to throw a bone to us here on fanfic every so often.

ggggggggg4sd chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I feel sorry for you. no, i really do. you try hard and then they tell you you didnt make it. i hate auditions D:. nice oneshot btw :D
BlueMoonDog chapter 3 . 6/13/2010
This was simply beautiful. Reading this has given me a sense of ease. I'm now a sophomore in college and I'm still wondering what I want to do with my life. Fanfiction has been in the background of my life since middle school. I mostly just read the stories, I never seem to finish my own. But still, fanfiction is addicting; even after seven years I keep checking my favorites list to see if the stories had been updated. I think this essay was sheer genius and I'm so happy that things seem to be turning up for you. I really wish you the best and want to thank you for posting this. Your friend Jack seems like an awesome guy too. ;]
Commodore Cuddles chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
Well said, my fellow fanfic writer. In my own twisted little world, James Norrington, our favorite naval officer, became my muse in the summer of 2003. My algebra suffered too from my own daydreaming and habbit of slipping into my "little world" when things became mundane and boring in school. My mom too chastised my draw to fanfiction, Her exact words: "That's not a creative outlet at all. Why waste your time?" From then on it became my little secret, a seperate world. When my best friend moved away, it opened another avenue for us to meet up in and have our own out of this world adventures. Also, I'm in the same boat (no pun intended :P) when it comes to barely anyone knowing that you're a fanfic writer. I am one of those giddy nerds, though, if another life form- other than from behind a computer screen- knows the world of fanfiction. :P It's funny how we will just attack each other with "squees" of excitement and bombard the other with questions as if we were starved children. LOL! I always wonder if one day I'm going to wake up in my apartment to see James sitting on the edge of my bed, smirking at me. It would scare the heebie jeebies, but then I would just throw a pillow at him and allow the insanity to commence. Damn. This is the longest review Ive ever written. LOL

There's something abot frogs...
I'm Crazy. But Only A Little chapter 3 . 11/26/2009
Oh my god. I am currently speech... err... thoughtless. Or I was. Um...where was I?

Oh yeah. That was BLOODY FANTASTIC! And very true too. I've been through the same thing myself. Except with Rosalyn. And I haven't written anything about her. I might.

Omg, I'm off topic again. Anyway. This story is really amazing. I hope you have a good career in writing. Good career...that is such an unusual phrase.

Anyway, I'm gonna read more of your stories now. Maybe write some more too.

Thanks so much.

The Imaginative Light chapter 3 . 11/19/2009
This is phenomenal, mate.

This explains about me and my figments. I'm not saying that Captain Jack is a figment for you. But this fic goes the same for me with all kinds of different characters, which include animated ones. I'm a stay at home person and I have my 'friends', just like you and Cap'n Jack.

Wow, you're good at writing perspectives!

My 'friends' are: Jack Sparrow, Wall E, Flik from A Bug's Life, Severus Snape, Woody and Buzz. Sheesh, I'm a nut. O.0
nineteennintytwo chapter 3 . 11/19/2009
OMG! This is amazing! And SO true! You have no idea how much this applies to me! OK, I haven't had any disappointment of such (yet), but still. I feel like I can escape into my own world when I'm on this, and it seems so real. You've really opened my eyes. This was great, you really have a talent for writing. Thanks for writing this!

nineteennintytwo chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
Another great chapter! That writing advise has opened my eyes! Off to read more!

nineteennintytwo chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
This is really good! I love the whole idea of this, and how you wrote it. Although there were a few typos here and there, so you'll have to work on that. Off to read more!

YoSafBridge chapter 3 . 11/18/2009
I'm not sure how to review this, but I do feel compelled to...

I think you put into words what I've always felt about fanfiction and wished I could verbalize, and I thank you for that.

My mom doesn't get it either...but she usually doesn't judge. Although sometimes she gets this look, when I don't keep myself in check and spout out knowledge that no self respecting teen should have about Lord of the Rings (My relationship with Faramir, Aragorn and the Hobbits began nearly a decade ago now...almost half of my life), or declare my undying affection for a fictional character. It's almost like she thinks I'm losing my mind spending so much time amoungst these things that don't exist instead of living my life.

I didn't even realise what fanfiction was when I first began writing follow up stories to my American Girl novels, sure, they were mostly Mary Sue's (Honestly, I have Mary Sue OC's written up for almost every book and comic book I read up until I was about 14) but I knew even then it was almost shameful, my brother made fun of me relentlessly.

I've been writing these nearly my entire life and don't want to give it up and I don't think it's right that my friends and family try (and often succeed) to make me feel ashamed that I write it.

It's really comforting knowing that I'm NOT crazy, or if I am at least there are tons of others out there just as crazy as I am. :P