Reviews for Just Lost
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
A nice lil' fic! I haven't seen many out there with Tia Dalma in them, so this was a nice surprise.

The tone of this piece is very sad, and you do an excellent job for the most part keeping the whole story in line with this tone. However, word choice is so important in shorter fics, almost like poetry. 'Two slightly moronic pirates' does not fit with the rest of the descriptions in this fic-it sours the mood. Perhaps starting a bit before the cannonball incident so we can glimpse her anger and sadness, or even leaving this out all together would greatly enhance what you've got here.

One other thing: dialect. You've got to keep it consistent! It's incredibly difficult with Tia Dalma to pull off, but the hard work is worth the effort. You have 'Him still a man, just lost.' But later she uses normal english pronouns: 'He still would. He's just lost.' I would like to see this second line a little more like the first.

You did this well-it was light, but not lighthearted. I was reminded of what Liv Tyler said in an interview about the difficulty of playing Arwen in LotR: in the end, she's just a woman in love. Your portrayal of the goddess was very human and poignant.
Kayley Taylor chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I thought that was very sweet. Great job!
illogical squeeks chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Somehow, I knew exactly when it was before reading the A/N at the end. That's a good thing. Nice little ficlet... I like the pairing DavyCalypso-as opposed to DavyOCs, that is, but that's a whole different rant. :P

It's short, but sweet, and searches her feelings well, though the ending is slightly sad as we all know what happens to Davy-though he does join her in a way, by falling into the ocean. Keep up the good work!

squeeks x