Reviews for Saving Flay
VanKimura chapter 3 . 5/2/2012
I can't say the possibility never crossed my mind. But still, my dislike for Flay has some negative effect on my enjoyment of the story... hah... In any case, the multiple POVs were a good touch. It allowed for the reader to get a pretty good grasp of what was going on within each individual's mind and what was going down on the battlefield. The descriptions were pretty good too. Good job.

...grumble... Still... I will probably never be able to accept Flay as a match for Kira even if your tale placed her in a better light.
Mr. Jellybeans chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
Now, this is what I call a story. I (like many others) am especially grateful that this is an actual Gundam SEED fanfic and not just some fangirl's wild fantasies with the characters' names slapped on it.

It kept well with Gundam SEED's atmosphere; from the intense battles to the overly emotional moments. Personally, I'm not a fan of the "space soap opera" but I highly appreciate that you included that vital element of GS. It's what good authors do. ;) I admit, I also enjoyed the subtle jibes at the fandom's glorification of Lacus. I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that the "perfect" girl didn't get the hero. Your portrayal also helped me realize just how different the dynamics between Lacus and Kira and Flay and Kira are. One is a calm breeze while the other is a raging tornado. It's up to each person to decide which one he prefers (and I'm going with the more interesting one). So yeah, thanks for that.

A last thing I would like to praise are the battle scenes. I'm particularly fond of Dearka's battle against Shani. Just as Dearka is about to give in and forfeit his life he changes his mind and decides to kick druggie butt. That was pretty cool.

And satisfying on my end because I view the Forbidden as a cheap, ugly knock-off of the infamous Deathscythe. I have yet to come across a crackfic that has Duo Maxwell randomly showing up in the GS universe to beat Shani into a bloody pulp for so much as daring to use a scythe and not make it look like the most badass weapon ever, but one day I'm sure I'll find one.

Anyway, well done!
natsu.point chapter 3 . 1/23/2012
You don't know how rare a well written fanfiction on Gundam Seed. Seriously I have been looking for months now and I could probably count the stories that are not hormonal induced stories or written by girls who can't control their sexual urges (Not that I have problem with the said sexual urges but it is extremely annoying).

And I finally found a Kira and Flay fanfic that is portrayed accurately and the characterization sure is excellent although I'm a little disappointed that the fic is a little short but nevertheless it is quite good.
Athrun-chan chapter 3 . 12/7/2011
I'm sorry I intrude again. It's just that I want to apologize to what Queen of Fuckin said in her last review.

Since she used my own language, I couldn't help but feel so...ashamed. And because you probably can't translate it into English, believe me, what she said was really bad.

She was being ridiculous, really. And not to mention, she was silly and stupid and idiot.
Athrun-chan chapter 3 . 12/7/2011
Hey there. I actually have an account using the same name as this one, but I am too lazy to sign in ;.

Anyway, this is amazing! I just like the way you picture Fllay. And how Kira's feeling is still the same.

Oh, and I also like the part where Lacus got unintentionally rejected by Kira. LoL

It's priceless!

Please continue to make Fllay and Kira's fanfictions.
EpyonZero23 chapter 3 . 11/16/2011
Nice story, though the change in POV is a bit confusing at the beginning, it really gives the reader a good insight on the thoughts and emotions of the character.

It's like looking from a good vantage point, but given with the opportunity using multiple angles.

Thanks for sharing!
thedarkpokemaster chapter 3 . 7/19/2011
Sweet story I just loved it
Ark Crk Thorn chapter 3 . 5/16/2011
I like it a lot.

Firstly, I like the interaction between Flay and Kira. And then the interactions between Dearka and Miriallia. Personal bias with these pairings.

Anyway, I love the Sai's POV on chapter 1. It made him a lot more human, added with the fact with his thoughts in this chapter. I like how you compare him with the other characters in the room, he was so cool in that. Protecting Flay, awww cute. That stood out for me. Another thing that stood out for me was the trio. How they have been together for long, and the heartbreak war deals to people. I think it was portrayed good.

Fight between Flay and Cagalli was pretty believable. I could see that totally happening especially Cagalli's reactions. I also like Lacus's portrayal of not a goddess (yay), she's human. Anyway, most of the characters showed emotions that I love in stories. Even characters normally people hate are showed with human vices, awesome.

I love the cup scene between Dearka and Miriallia. I don't know why I like it so much, maybe because even amidst with chaos and war, there are some bright spots in it. I love Miri supporting De, and the implied kiss in the end.

Okay now I am going to talk about Flay and Kira. Yay, I love this reflective Flay and Kira. It spoke volumes to me, both of them getting a second chance and holding onto it. Yeah, call me a romantic but I absolutely love stories that show how love is strong. Best of all, your portrayal of Flay wasn't all 'I'm nice' now and flowery. How the impression from the beginning last with the other characters, and Flay admitting it. She is trying to make up for it, an stronger Flay. An redeemable Flay is always a plus for me.

Overall, I love the flaws you bring out in the characters, and it makes me appreciate this piece more.

The pacing of the story was really good. The multiple POV were really good too, and each POV added a different layer to the piece. So kudos! Another thing was the detail, varying syntax and language were depicted really well.

Detail: each moment in the piece was timed really good, and it brought out different effects. Like for example, the shift from a 'good guy' POV to the 'bad guy' POV, the two POV harmonizes each other. And even some of the characters' personal moments, for example Sai's moments, Lacus' moments, or the trio's moments were nice.

Syntax: not everything started the same, and combined with the language it was really, really nice. I really like this : So what if he wasn't a leader's child? So what if he wasn't an ace pilot? So what if he wasn't a universally recognized pop idol? So what if he wasn't in charge of a warship? He disliked it, but Flay and Kira's mutual affections were reality.:

Although the past tense gets me sometimes. For example the :He disliked it, but Flay and Kira's mutual affections were reality: Staying with tense agreements is annoying sometimes, since it was in past tense, it lessen the impact of the words, thus 'affections' of Flay and Kira.

But overall, I really like this story. Will Favorite it now.
EmperorDraco7 chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
Great end to a great story, I love it. This should have happened in the canon, if you let me, I would like to continue this story with my friend Crimson but only if it's okay with you.
Kuwabara99 chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
wow...what an end to this short story

quite the exchange with all of Kira's friends. I loved how you got Sai to break it all up and understand Fllay's feelings.

liked the Dearka/Miri echange too

and of course the Kira/Fllay fluff 3

Well done
Reishin Amara chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
Wow gf and sis have a catfight. Sounds like that movie "El Super Beasto"
RedCrimson chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
A fitting ending!

I was begining to wonder if this would ever actually be concluded after kira fainted.

Keep up the great work for any other KxF fics you write in the future.

P.S. if you want take a look at some of my own KxF fics I heve written myself.
RedCrimson chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
This is a good start to a fic, hope it keeps going on after this at some point, keep up the good work.
Queen of Fuckin chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
FUCK'ING ASSHOLE!

ANJING SEMUA YANG NGERIVEW!

KALO TUH MANUSIA MAMPUS YA MAMPUS AJA!

KURANG KERJAAN BANGET SIH BIKIN FANFICT YANG KAYAK GINI!

GUE GAK SUDI NGASIH GOOD REVIEW!

HUEEK!
Aixyutin - Zwei Shonagon chapter 2 . 6/23/2009
Adorable story. Okay not so adorable and cuddly, rather prickly, but I loved it nonetheless. It is unfortunate you aren't updating anymore but I still wanted to leave a review.

Lots of love,