Reviews for Gone
apenamee chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Very nice piece. You've touched quite a few hearts with this one.

Have a good Thanksgiving.
theshadowcat chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Very sweet and sad and extremely well done. Good work.
Rebelwriter1 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
You're stories are always touching, and this one was no different. I personally don't really like to read about HB in the first person, but that's just me. RB.
GreatBigFreak chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I... I'm just taking a moment to get my breath back. I swear you tapped into my skull for this...

Last December, a very close friend/mentor of mine died. And it took me a very long time to finally drive the three hours one way to figure out where he was buried... And be damned if this doesn't sum up a lot of what I felt over that experience.

"But what’s the use? I wouldn’t see anything but a bit of green and a stone with his name; but he wouldn’t really be there, he’d be gone."

I got to the grave, and that was exactly it. Just a name, a stone, and fresh sod... He wasn't 'there', not that I ever expected him to be.

"Somehow, that’s the only way I can bear to think of him. Not ‘dead’, not ‘passed away’, just ‘gone’."

... And that's been much of my last year on this planet. Exactly to the letter and in so few words. And like Red there, I go to a spot usually late at night, where I sometimes I think my friend still might 'show up', even though I know better.

"To let go of that is to admit that he’s gone for good and I can’t do that. Not yet, maybe not ever."

damn damn damn... I both hate and love this, because I usually think "hey, fanfic is fun!" but this lil thing has just cut me up lady... And a little month away from a year without my friend is hitting very close to the bone... Thank you for this.
Believer29 chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Sometimes the best way to move on is to hang on to what you have left. He may look like a monster, but he is inevitably human.

Gorgeous, thankyou.
Zaedah chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
~~Zaedah sniffs~~

A very solemn and thoughtful piece. That little boy in HB is prepared to simply pretend this is another 'trip' but he's old enough to recognize the lie of it. Poor fella just needs a hug...step ladder please?
Riverispsycho98 chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
This is pretty good
LM chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Very somber-maybe we should all go out to Green-Wood, HB included, to get a little uplift. Unfortunately, we're expecting weather like this on Fri. But not, let's hope, HB's internal gloom too-Ishmael's "damp, drizzly November" in the soul.