Reviews for Fear
Reader12345678910 chapter 20 . 3/25
awesome nice ending LOVE the story one of the best evangalion stories i've read
Aronim chapter 20 . 3/8
Well, this is probably one of the few Evangelion fics I've seen that both alters a lot and keeps the feeling of the canon story. Great work. You changed a lot, but made it work. I think, with my sparse knowledge of Lovecraft, that you made the Old Ones and their ilk a little too understandable and "aware" of humans, but I really liked how the story ended up anyway, so no worries.

Another thing that kept the tone similar to the original series is the messed up relationships. I like how you changed Gendo and Rei, quite different but still similar.

And I love me some "spit in the face of inevitability". So that's a plus. And the, somewhat, open ending was good. Like your use of repetition too, that was a good tool.

All in all, great work.
Donderkind chapter 20 . 8/11/2013
Amazing combination of two of my favourite universes. Words fail me...
Beautiful, haunting... Love it!
donald7777 chapter 20 . 5/20/2013
Well this was an interesting story. I was not expecting the ending but it worked with the stories flow.
The parts dealing with Shinjis mother were perfectly written, and followed the EVA universe's direction of screwing with your mind.

It was a great experience reading your story. great job
axalaraflame chapter 20 . 4/1/2013
fuck a duck。。。this ending is so much out of my expectation
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 20 . 1/21/2013
Beautiful.
AiSard chapter 20 . 5/8/2012
eh..didn't quite get the ending there.. lead up to it was awesome but not quite sure what.. mm.

Anyways, love this fic, second read through.

Got to question though, any reason Nigoki used the exact same sequence of moves to kill the guards as Yui did? that felt really symbolic but the reasoning behind it escaped me completely /

Anyways, much love p
Archnecromancer King chapter 8 . 1/19/2012
Excellent story. Different characters, but perfectly recognizable and great characterization of the setting. Only the fights could be better described, but I think this is not the goal of the story and the scenes are getting better. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
Okiro Zangetsu chapter 20 . 10/19/2011
So beautiful
Dragonjek chapter 20 . 8/23/2011
Masterful and amazingly done. I am incredibly impressed, and enjoyed reading this very much.

A pity no one has done any artwork for this story (I would have liked to see the true form of the Evangelions)... but perhaps, for my sanity's sake, it is better this way, hm?

Again, I loved it.
Julian Chester chapter 20 . 7/24/2011
Okay, this was different.

I don't mean that in a bad way at all. It's just that it is difficult to find the words to adequately describe this, and how it makes me feel. Suffice to say it's an excellent job.

It had only vaguely occurred to me previously how Evangelion could be blended with the Cthulhu Mythos. The true depth of the possibilities for blending the two only became clear after reading this. In retrospect, a lot of it makes perfectly good sense, like making all the pilots able to enter the Dreamlands (I was mildly disappointed that they didn't meet Randolph Carter or Richard Upton Pickman while they were in there, but you can't have everything and really neither one would have been particularly necessary to the story), or making them all explicitly connected to the Mythos in sanity-shattering ways. Gendo's motivations were tweaked, of course, but they still fit his personality perfectly: a selfish, bitter man who couldn't accept the loss of his wife.

Ritsuko was amazing in this. A lot of authors make her out to be a total bitch; and it's true, she did do a lot of total bitch things in the television series, but her motives, while misguided, were nevertheless usually sincere. It was nice to see her act with some genuine decency and nobility for a change.

Also, Tiger Akagi was adorable.

The Great Old Ones and the Elder Gods and so on... amazing. Excellent choices on the ones I recognized, and on the ones I didn't, I expect you got it right.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/24/2011
I can't properly express myself about this story as exiting, well written and creepy aren't enough. Hopefully the general idea got across.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/23/2011
Given the fact that the five-year old Shinji saw his mother drown, I'm surprised he didn't develop a fear for water (which would be amplified in the the case of LCL, that smells like blood). It would be interesting...
Guest chapter 3 . 5/23/2011
Mixing Lovecraft with Evangelion might seem a bit strange, but you've pulled it off perfectly. I love the altered characters and the overall atmosphere of the story. You've made it amazingly captivating.
edao chapter 20 . 5/4/2011
I cannot say I understand this ending.

Your story was written well enough but the repeated misspellings did interrupt the flow a bit. It was strange to experience the whole NGE storyline in 70k words, which put it into the realm of 'read in on day'. Therefore it felt lacking in detail, in interaction. You only characterized Shinji and Rei, less so Asuka, and the rest fell of the radar.