Reviews for Can't Just Be Friends
Mary553 chapter 41 . 5/10
i love this story
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 31 . 12/4/2015
I wanted to read this because I noticed that a few of your stories are the most reviewed for the Zanessa category in all of , so I probably had unfair expectations. I decided to start with this one because it's your earliest work, which I now realize I probably shouldn't have. Unfortunately, I couldn't read this all the way through and I'll tell you why soon.
Your first chapters were absolutely ADORABLE as I've said before. Your OC's like Bridget and Chloe have excellent characterization. In the first 8 - 10 chapters, I was really enjoying it. I routed for Troyella and was very into the plot.
Everything changed when Troy was punishing Gabriella for what she had done. It just seemed SO unnecessary and made him very dislikable. For example, "He wanted her to feel bad for what she did to him. Because there was no way in hell she was hurting as badly as he was." Suddenly, the entire story became Troy being a complete asshole to Gabriella. And Gabriella knew this, which made me dislike her for not leaving him. She thinks, "This troy had a cold heart, not the warm caring one that her troy had." SO LEAVE HIM! But she wouldn't and kept playing into his games. So they immaturely toy with each other. And the amount of times Troy told Gabriella to go to hell and fuck off just frustrated me beyond belief.
Finally...it took 29 chapters for them to get together. Now I honestly cringe at the fact that they're together and I can't finish this because I want them both to go their separate ways because evidently, they bring out the worst in each other.
But maybe I'm just biased because this is actually similar to something that happened to me in real life with my ex.
I realize that this is your first story, so I'll give your other ones a shot.
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 21 . 12/3/2015
Every time Troy says "I can't do this", I feel a little stab in my heart because that was what my ex would say nearly every time we fought. (We broke up for a reason though.)
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 17 . 12/3/2015
Wow, Troy is being a fucking asshole. It's just a damn misunderstanding. He doesn't have to be a prick to her about it. So unlikable.
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 15 . 12/3/2015
I had to skim over this one because I want to get to where Troyella gets together. I'm okay with it now because the whole series is complete, but I feel like I would get SUPER frustrated if I waited for a chapter every week and they STILL weren't together.
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 13 . 12/3/2015
I LOVE this skinny love affect, how they're TOTALLY 100% loving each other, but neither of them says it, but everyone else knows it, omg, so cute! :)
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 12 . 12/3/2015
Now that I'm eleven chapters into the story, I've noticed some certain aspects.
Good: Characterization (including your OC's) and description.
Bad: Like I said in the good section, you have great description, so I'd love to see more of it! Sometimes it seems a little bit too heavy on the dialogue. Also, this plot seems way too concerned with Troyella and not as much on anybody else. I love romance, but I think this pushes the romantic theme too hard and not enough about anything else. It just feels like all anybody thinks about in this story is love/relationships/Troyella. I would consider adding in some other themes.
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 9 . 12/3/2015
I seriously wonder if guys get this preoccupied about girls, as much as girls get preoccupied about guys?
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 5 . 12/3/2015
What an excellent way to tie the story together! You're so clever.
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 4 . 12/3/2015
It's good to finally have some insight into what happened with their breakup. It sounded like Gabriella was even unsure about it, herself.
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
I love how the plot is developing and all of your OC's have great characterization. Well done!
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 2 . 12/3/2015
THIS CHAPTER IS SO DAMN ADORABLE MY ICE HEART IS MELTING!
Sara-AnnMarie chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
"Get Gabriella back." That's absolutely adorable! I can't help but wonder why they broke up!
Bella-Cecilia chapter 41 . 11/27/2014
Super cute story xx :)
boo chapter 40 . 1/26/2014
aw, man! I wish this story was longer. of course, I wish that with all of my stories, but then they would never end