Reviews for Tide of Destiny Part One: Choices
annafan chapter 1 . 5/5
I have finally got round to reading this, and it is wonderful. I love all your Eomer/Lothiriel stories, with their inventive "ways they could have got together". But there is an epic sweep to this which sets it aside from the other, and somehow shifts it much more firmly into Tolkien's own world, particularly with your emphasis on the idea that they were somehow destined for each other from even before they were born.

I love the way you handle the canon characters - Gandalf's role, your characterisation of Galadriel (just the right amount of other-worldliness). I also very much like the idea of Eomer having had two significant relationships earlier in his life (I never quite buy the trope, so common in romantic fiction, of the man who has a string of meaningless sexual encounters then finally discovers true love with the right woman - if he's that emotionally shallow, he's unlikely suddenly to turn into good marriage material!)

Finally (because as you know I am more than a little obsessed with Eowyn and Faramir) - I just loved the scene the morning of Eowyn's wedding, where it suddenly and rather belatedly dawns on Eomer than in the absence of their mother, perhaps someone should explain what she is to expect on her wedding night - her breezy "oh, I asked Faramir" is so perfect (and I would love to know how that conversation went... in fact I might have an idea in mind for how it went).

Thanks for another great story.
Covered in Bruises chapter 24 . 2/11
I have been making my way through your works and I am really loving them. That said I cannot image the Faramir wouldn't want Eomer anywhere near his cousin after their talk.

Eomer admitted to him that he sleep with the wife of a friend for years, while enjoying the hospitality of the man's house. But even worse that man was a veteran wounded in the service of Rohan and Eomer is of the royal family of that country honor bound to do what he can to ease the man's suffering, not take advantage of his loyalty and hospitality.

God forbid Lothiriel gets sick, Eomer will be out chasing sick ASAP. I cannot imagine that Faramir would want his cousin bound to someone who lacks a basic sense of decency. Edwick, there's a man worthy of Lothiriel crippled or not.
Light on the Horizon chapter 34 . 6/26/2014
Brilliant story!
MuggleCreator chapter 34 . 3/6/2014
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Great stuff. From the moment Seron was intro'd, I knew it was Gandalf.
And... It was brilliant. Brilliant.
MuggleCreator chapter 12 . 3/4/2014
Oh √Čomer...
"Garbald will keep us warm"... Keep you safe more like it. The poor children. I'm just glad you kept them alive!
And Lothi... Poor girl. Damn that Umar!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
"I'll thrash him if he doesn't"? Oh, √Čomer...
Anon chapter 34 . 1/29/2014
I like their honeymoon :) It's good to see people every once in a while even when warped up in each other.
Anon chapter 33 . 1/29/2014
:) I love this deep reciprocated emotions you show they have for each other.
Anon chapter 32 . 1/28/2014
I like the wry humor Eomer has adapting to a long engagement. ;)
Anon chapter 30 . 1/28/2014
Sounds as romantic as it can get with a real life king. I love it that you're keeping it down to earth.
Anon chapter 28 . 1/28/2014
I like this light banter and the easy familiarity they have. I'm glad you made Lothiriel brave enough to want to be a queen.
Anon chapter 27 . 1/28/2014
Eomer seems impatient. But I guess he is not staying in Gondor for long.
Anon chapter 26 . 1/28/2014
I hope Eomer does not keep his distance too much.
Anon chapter 25 . 1/28/2014
I love it that Eowyn and Lothiriel seem to be co-conspirators.
Anon chapter 24 . 1/28/2014
I'm getting giddy now. I'm glad Lothiriel is becoming herself again. When it is the love interest that does all the healing and calling out from depression, I think it makes hard for the relationship to equal and stable. Everything has been primed for crisis, so no one knows what to do at times of peace.