Reviews for Tide of Destiny Part One: Choices
berry-cool chapter 34 . 9/19
Amazing. Just amazing. I read it all in one go. Thank you so much for such a wonderful story!
EStrunk chapter 34 . 8/9
I've read the rest of the story while on the road so I've been unable to review. Thanks for an absolutely wonderful journey. I love your original characters - esp. Meren and Welwyn. I love the detail you provide, from the gross with the sick baby to the beautiful at the wedding. So fun to have guest appearances by Gandalf and Shadowfax at the end. The perfect wedding gift for Rohirrim! Amrothos' interference during the sparring cracked me up.
EStrunk chapter 20 . 8/8
I love the detail of their march. I was feeling so happy after the Pellanor Field victory that it took a while to remember how desperate their attack on the Black Gate was. The letter, and Lothiriel and Elphir's reactions to it, helped. Poor Pippin, although all of them who knew the plan would feel the same discouragement to think Frodo was dead. Yay for the eagles!
EStrunk chapter 19 . 8/8
So happy to watch the friendship start between Eomer and Amthoros. Lothiriel's melancholy is tearing at my heart.
EStrunk chapter 18 . 8/7
Whew! So glad that Lothiriel was saved! Yay Elphir! Too bad he was so mad at Lothiriel, but Sergion helped. The arrival of Aragorn and the army of the dead was awesome.
EStrunk chapter 17 . 8/7
No, Lothiriel! I was so afraid that she would do that. Just when hope is about to come to Minas Tirith. Eomer's talk with Eowyn was heart-breaking.
EStrunk chapter 16 . 8/7
Loved Aragorn the healer. Eothain's new interest is wonderful too. I hope Lothiriel didn't cause too much trouble, but it doesn't seem wise to let the siegers get too close.
EStrunk chapter 15 . 8/7
Even knowing that Helm's Deep will turn out okay, this is hard to read. Not hard to read because of bad writing, but hard to read because of fantastic writing. I'm just so scared for them. Their foes seem so numberless. Lothiriel's situation is almost worse because I have no idea what will happen. The feeling of being penned in is awful.
EStrunk chapter 14 . 8/7
Yay Gandalf! So excited to have Theoden liberated. And the Black Serpent?
EStrunk chapter 12 . 8/7
So tragic - Bergit and Edwick! I am glad they saved their children. What happened to the pony? Glad their mad dash was able to save most of the village. I love watching Lothiriel and Faramir, esp. her vision for him. Lady Tinusel should be fun.
EStrunk chapter 11 . 8/7
Creepy premonition with Denethor. Sad to see the fear that lingers in Lothiriel. Grima's control of Theoden is so horrible.
EStrunk chapter 10 . 8/7
Loved/hated the battle. I'm wishing we knew that Umar was dead. So sad about the horse. Poor Lothiriel and her vision. Eomer's taunting of Eothain was fun. The cat symbolism was wonderful.
EStrunk chapter 9 . 8/7
Wow! Go Amaurea! Go Lothiriel! What a horrible trap. And Eomer - I'm disappointed that he won't break off the affair, but the situation makes it understandable.
EStrunk chapter 8 . 8/7
Glad to see some happiness with Meren's wedding. Horrible the guilt that Lothiriel feels. I wanted to hug her father for making her promise not to run away. Bergit surprised me.
EStrunk chapter 7 . 8/7
Fascinating, but horrible to watch the beginning of Grima's infestation. I appreciate how you've made Grima give good advice, and decent reasons for bad advice, so that it makes sense that Theoden would have listened to him. The horse is absolutely creepy. That, combined with Seron's warning, makes me worry for Lothiriel.