Reviews for Tide of Destiny Part One: Choices
Anne Rose chapter 30 . 1/20/2009
“Oh, don’t worry,” he interjected quickly. “I applaud you for it. But make no mistake, I am coming with you.”

LOL, I should hope so, after the way he made such a big deal out of courage walking into dinner.
Soccer-Bitch chapter 30 . 1/20/2009
amazing job! can't wait for some more!
SilverWinter18 chapter 30 . 1/20/2009
Hehehe...Yay! Eomer finally asked Imrahil for Lothiriel's hand. The advisors asked for some weird things in their marriage contract. It seemed quite long and tedious, but I guess between a king and a princess, contracts like that have to be long and tedious. I guess most of it is understandable when you think of it.

I was just wondering if it was some typo but is the month supposed to March, or is it May? I was just a mite confused. Just a small detail but I was wondering nonetheless.

It was so funny that Imrahil knew of the significance of Lothiriel riding Firefoot. And Eomer thought he was being subtle...lol. It's a good thing that Inrahil thinks really highly of Eomer or else he would've been in big trouble...

Aww...so cute!
Medea Smyke chapter 30 . 1/19/2009
"She should have been used to strange looks and whispers behind elegantly raised hands, but with her cheeks aflame, they made their way through the crowd. Éomer looked totally unconcerned, and when she tried to twist her fingers out of his he held them tighter.

“I am a King, you are a Princess, brave it out.”

LMAO! This chapter is great and I love the cheekiness throughout. I laughed so hard every time Lothiriel started spouting information, like Meren's baby. A little eccentricity goes a long way. LOL! :)

It is sad about poor Tinusel, though.

Thanks for updating!
Lady M28 chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
It may seem redundant, but I was ever so happy to get this update, and just thoroughly enjoyed every word! I’m going to go section by section, because there is something in each to comment on.

I very much enjoyed the reintroduction of Tinusel, even if we didn’t get to actually see her. I really liked that Éomer reintroduced the ‘odd daughter’ bit with this, or referenced back to it. I do think if he thinks about it that Lothíriel’s friendship with Tinusel would tell him that she is able to get along with and see the good in all sorts of people which will be helpful to her going forward. Plus, I very much enjoyed the light teasing tone you set here and continued throughout.

I suspected that Aragorn would know what the ride would signify, and thus Imrahil might know as well. I thought that was all very well played. From Imrahil’s way of bringing it up, to Éomer’s slight chastening. I really loved Imrahil’s caring about Lothíriel’s feelings, and Éomer’s, not the significance, or that it was decidedly secondary. Also, the way you tied that to Elphir & Meren, and that giving more insight into both of them for Éomer. I very much loved the part about Umar. I trusted that Imrahil wouldn’t have entered into discussions with emissaries from Harad lightly, but I really loved the details of both his & Elphir’s reluctance & skepticism. Very well played. My favorite part of all of this part of the chapter wasn’t in this section, but I’m going to go ahead and mention it here, it was Lothíriel’s reassertion of her true self.

The next part just loved all the interactions between the two of them. They really were all absolutely lovely. Again, I have to comment on her confidence & comfortableness in her own skin, he seems to have fulfilled any and all expectations she might have had for him. Even with the kissing, which was lovely, I really loved their exchange at the end, I just liked the way they communicated with one another, both verbally and physically. And I loved how she reacted to his ‘confession.’

The scene with Imrahil in some ways was a reflection of the Éowyn & Éomer one from the prior chapter, and I loved it just as much. I think in both cases it was the looking back to appreciate how far things have come before going forward I really enjoyed. Furthermore, I really just love how assertive Lothíriel was, really taking her own fate in her own hands.

Very interesting that the wedding will be in Dol Amroth. His visit there should be interesting, the one here soon, he’ll be able to look out and see where they’ll be going after the wedding! But of course I’m sure the meetings with Amal will be very interesting, I’m guessing Éomer might participate. I’m not going to go into detail about all the various details you’ve come up with, but to say I really enjoyed all of them, I love the care & thought you’ve put into this, and very much so look forward to the unfolding of all of them. I’m excited to witness Éomer’s first encounter with the sea, I’m guessing along with Éothain, Welwyn, Déor & Byrde. Though I’m thinking it might be aboard ship, so that could be entertaining in and of itself! Also, I’m very much so looking forward to Lothíriel’s first thoughts on her new land, I’m thrilled about the 2 months at Edoras, a year is a long time to wait, and the Dol Amroth & Edoras trips will really allow them to get to know one another much better, seeing how each have lived & grown up. I would be remiss if I forgot to mention I very much enjoyed his reaction to her pronouncements. It was amusing, but in some ways necessary, for him to really understand and appreciate her.

All-in-all, just so enjoyed all of it. Well done!
Queen Grapefruit chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
Yes! Another fantastic chapter! I'm looking forward to the trip to Dol Amroth and the visit from the Harad, and though Eomer and Lothiriel aren't too pleased by the long engagement I am looking forward to all the new chapters!
blacksleeves chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
oh, so exciting, it will be such a romantic wedding, I'm sure! I'm surprised that they're allowed to spend time alone together. What will it be like in Edoras? Thanks!
Deandra chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
Good job, Eomer! Protective, but approving of her courage! My, my, my - all that just to get married. Although, methinks the real reason for all this nonsense has more to do with the author's pending havoc than with Gondor/Rohan rules and traditions!

It's nice to see Lothiriel coming out of her shell and becoming strong once more, and just in time for whatever you have cooked up.

couple of typos (last chapter and this, but I already reviewed there and couldn't do it again):

look at a man and now here was one that she could not keep from eyes from. - should be "keep HER eyes from."

No point in putting it off, and it was his responsibly to tell her. - should be "responsibility"

- Deandra
Sarry chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
so good! i can't wait for an update
silme33 chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
Great stuff. Just wondering, how many more chapters are there left in this part?

Silme
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 30 . 1/18/2009
Great chapter!
Meggily chapter 29 . 1/6/2009
This was a very sweet chapter, especially at the end. The description of the wedding was beautiful, yet reminded me of the bittersweet happiness Faramir must be feeling-it was very well written. I can't wait to read the next chapter...those "choices" sounded very ominous.

:-) Hope you had a great Christmas, New Year and Holiday season!
SilverWinter18 chapter 29 . 1/5/2009
Lol! That was so cute! Aww...Eomer has a possessive side to him. Kinda already knew that but...ya. I liked how Welwyn had her riding clothes on underneath, and she just stripped off the skirt with no regard. Hehehe...And it serves them both that they would have to clean out each others stalls. Though it may be a bit worse for Eothain since Firefoot's stall wasn't cleaned the day before. lol
Medea Smyke chapter 29 . 1/5/2009
I would have reviewed a few days ago, but I was rereading Bound by Duty (could resist after your christmas present) and didn't want to stop. LOL! I love that story more each time I read it.

This chapter was great! It's good to see the characters so light-hearted after all the angst. And Lothiriel and Welwyn ganging up on Eomer and Eothain is priceless! I love how you recorded their expression as the girls lost point after point.

I also thought you did a good job with that Heleguin bit. It came out of nowhere and it made me so angry to hear her picking on Welwyn, especially since she received that scar while protecting her own people. Glad Eomer gave her an earful. It's a good job she didn't say anything untoward about Lothiriel. She'd be in a pile of dung for sure.

I can't wait till Lothiriel realizes the reason for all the staring and smiling. Not that I think she'll mind, at all. It's funny how she's just going along with it and has no idea. :) Eomer is very possessive, in the best sense.

And to conclude, thank you and more, please.
Queen Grapefruit chapter 29 . 1/5/2009
I am always so excited to see an update for this story! And it is such a comfort that so much of the prophesy has yet to come about, it means that there's still plenty of story to come! I really want to go back and reread the prophesy bits, but I'm trying not too, it's more fun to only remember fragments like Lothiriel. Although I do remember something about having to save her blond king's life. I'm looking forward to that part too! I can't wait for the next chapter, May the Muse be with you!
474 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »