Reviews for Tide of Destiny Part One: Choices
SilverWinter18 chapter 28 . 12/9/2008
Hehehe...I loved the interaction between Lothiriel and Eomer in this chapter. Hmm...I don't remember if I mentioned how I think that Seron is Gandalf. Well, anyway, I'm pretty sure that Seron is Gandalf.

Aww...Mista is so cute! Is he still alive? I missed reading about him in these past chapters.

Lol, Eomer's proposal was classic. It's a good thing Lothiriel wasn't upset that she didn't get a proper one. It goes to show how well they are together, and how attuned they are to each other. They're so cute! lol

Eomer has it so hard living the life of a king. hehehe...he probably really wants to jump in and do all the work with his men. Comradeship I think it's called.
Queen Grapefruit chapter 28 . 12/9/2008
Yes! Another fantastic chapter! I love this story so much, I love finding the update notices! I can't wait to see what Eomer has planned and how everything will work out for them, it makes me kind of sad that their story is so far along, do you plan to pursue this into their marriage or will it end there? I'm really interested to see what happens next, mostly because this is where most of the other stories loose their momentum.

Best of luck with the Muse,
blacksleeves chapter 28 . 12/9/2008
cool, thanks!
Soccer-Bitch chapter 28 . 12/9/2008
loved it, as always. i am finally caught up with all the fics that i missed when i had to get the darn computer fixed. but anyways, great work. can't wait for more
Deandra chapter 28 . 12/9/2008
Yes, it's me - lurking in the shadows! Since you warned me some of this "extended version" was a bit intense, I've been sneaking cautious peeks along the way. So I'm really enjoying it now that most (all?) of that seems past. Lovely characterizations, and excellent development for all, even the lesser characters.

- Deandra
Sarahbarr17 chapter 27 . 11/26/2008
Another great chapter, with some very enjoyable moments. I particularly liked Mablung's boasting about his skills at moving stealthily and the sweet moment when Eomer takes Lothy on her horse.
Meggily chapter 27 . 11/24/2008
This chapter was lovely :-) It was sort of a jolt for the reader as well to realize that Eomer and Lothiriel have only known each other for two days! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Elwen of Lorien chapter 27 . 11/24/2008
At least he is getting closer to learning about Lothiriel's past. I think there will be a lot of Kleenx used when that time finally comes. Elwen.
Lady M28 chapter 27 . 11/23/2008
Oh, I just loved the tone of this. I really love the lightness of these chapters since they have met; they both deserve this after having been through so much. I’ve thought all along that Lothíriel is a bit of a tomboy, which makes sense with three brothers & 2 male cousins, and then Amroth & Oríon as best friends. She would naturally be more inclined to just tagging along with whatever they were interested in. Plus, she’s a bit of a country girl, even if Dol Amroth is rather urbane itself, being on the coast lends itself to being a bit more free than most cities would be. So I really rather love the contrast you’ve made with regard to her & what I’ll assume are the Minas Tirith ladies. I would think ladies of the court would naturally be more focused on fashion, their looks, and such, especially as horses weren’t common prior to this, their husband/match would have a priority for them once they reached a certain age. Also, being a healer would have obviously been very uncommon for women of rank. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is I think it’s a natural bit of characterization outgrowth due to the circumstances that have happened to her, along with her upbringing that makes her a bit singular amongst Gondorian ladies, and I think you’ve done a very effective job of using the back story to inform the present without having to spell everything out as to why she’s so unique. Why, in the end, even without the prophecies about them, or her rank, she is so suited to where she’s heading as opposed to the other women of a similar age that he would have met the prior year.

All that said, so much love for the gallop between her, Éowyn & Welwyn. Just a really lovely picture. And her fishing, so fabulous! Loved Éothain there. I was slightly disappointed that Déor & Byrde weren’t there, but I’ll be patient and wait for the next chapter. On Oríon, I really like that you touched on him being a bit jealous, but then realizing she has a familial type relationship with him. Nice touch. I just love the natural earthiness of her, she’s so comfortable with herself, and it really shows, which really displays how far she’s come since her encounter with Galadriel, even with moments of hesitation.

Further, I’m so thrilled that you were able, in a very realistic manner, to allow him to see her at work, and wielding her gift. I’m sure he would have been curious otherwise. And I rather loved how you allowed his time with Guleth to inform his reaction to her challenge. One of my favorite bits was him finding the ‘healer’ more beautiful than the ‘princess.’ That was a lovely touch, and a beautiful picture of her.

I kinda love that Éomer now knows, courtesy of Legolas, that they are ‘destined/fated’ for one another. I wonder if he will ask Faramir what he knew and when he knew it! HA! That scene was fantastic. I loved his internal confession that he has fallen in love with her, but he doesn’t really know her, and she remains somewhat shrouded in mystery. It was a moving moment. Also, my favorite line in the chapter was him realizing the difference between love & lust, though he didn’t put it that way. That while he naturally wants her, he first & foremost truly wants to protect her & keep her safe from harm. Which brings me to Umar, I have this vision of Éomer wanting to head out to the Pelennor to dig him up and hack his rotting body/bones to tiny little bits. I just can’t imagine he’s going to take the story well.

Also, I’ve loved how you’ve used Legolas through these post war chapters. I’m somewhat curious as to where Gimli is, since they’re so associated with one another.

Onto other things. So much love for the Welwyn/Éothain romantic details. It seems ever so ‘them.’ I loved how you described it, I could just see it all happening in my head. I especially loved Welwyn getting miffed that they didn’t notice her when she came out of her room, too funny. Also on that front, I really liked the Galadriel connection you gave Welwyn & Lothíriel. It makes sense on both fronts. Plus, the hidden & visible scars connection you have with them. I really get the feeling that they’re establishing a lifelong friendship here, which is rather wonderful for both of them. They’re both outsiders to some degree, Lothíriel’s situation being obvious, but Welwyn isn’t like Byrde, from Edoras & familiar with the court. She’s grown up in the more isolated Westfold, where Westron wouldn’t be as commonly spoken, it’s further from Edoras & Gondor, and they’ve had so many problems the last few years from Saruman I’m sure traveling was somewhat limited. Obviously Welwyn, like Éothain, realizes her possible/likely significance to them & the Mark, but it’s still nice to see them establishing a friendship without the pressure of Lothíriel already being queen. That instead there will be familiar faces when she goes to Rohan. Plus, it’s nice to see her finally establishing girlfriends, something she’s never really had.

Finally, I loved the final scene and him finding out about Amaurea. The jolt he received. But, also, his determination to KNOW the full story now. As if he needs to know this woman he’s realized he wants to spend his life with before he can move forward with said life. All-in-all a fantastic way to end a wonderful chapter!
SilverWinter18 chapter 27 . 11/23/2008
Hmm...I wonder how Eomer will react when he finds out about Umar. He'll probably wish that he killed Umar himself. It was Theoden who killed him right?

Interesting outcome of the picnic...I was afraid that some stray orcs (or something) would attack them but nothing did so that's good.

Indeed...brothers are overbearing. I have one myself. Enough said. Lol
miriamne chapter 27 . 11/22/2008
Lovely as usual! can't wait for them to get together!
Soccer-Bitch chapter 27 . 11/22/2008
amazing job! as always i loved it!
blacksleeves chapter 27 . 11/22/2008
I'm glad they didn't get attacked, it would have been too dramatic. The Welwyn/Eothian backstory is good too!

And, I like that Eomer still remembers Guleth and respects her ideas. He's rally a decent guy, isn't he? But, somehow they need some drama to keep the story interesting...can't wait to see what it will be!

Thanks
Medea Smyke chapter 27 . 11/22/2008
Ah, I love this chapter! Eomer is slowly finding out about her (although, the last sentence sounded slightly ominous). I totally thought that they were going to be pounced on by enemies because she's supposed to save him, right?

Faramir teasing Eowyn was hilarious and endearing, as was Eomer's jealousy over Orion. LOL!

And I enjoyed the little side story about Welwyn and Eothain. I've loved them since Helm's Deep, so thanks for putting in more of them.

Thanks!
SilverWinter18 chapter 26 . 11/13/2008
Hehehehe...Interesting way of picking out a horse! Oh, and Amroth has such excellent timing lol.

O a picnic...I can't wait!
474 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »