Reviews for Tide of Destiny Part One: Choices
EStrunk chapter 10 . 8/7/2016
Loved/hated the battle. I'm wishing we knew that Umar was dead. So sad about the horse. Poor Lothiriel and her vision. Eomer's taunting of Eothain was fun. The cat symbolism was wonderful.
EStrunk chapter 9 . 8/7/2016
Wow! Go Amaurea! Go Lothiriel! What a horrible trap. And Eomer - I'm disappointed that he won't break off the affair, but the situation makes it understandable.
EStrunk chapter 8 . 8/7/2016
Glad to see some happiness with Meren's wedding. Horrible the guilt that Lothiriel feels. I wanted to hug her father for making her promise not to run away. Bergit surprised me.
EStrunk chapter 7 . 8/7/2016
Fascinating, but horrible to watch the beginning of Grima's infestation. I appreciate how you've made Grima give good advice, and decent reasons for bad advice, so that it makes sense that Theoden would have listened to him. The horse is absolutely creepy. That, combined with Seron's warning, makes me worry for Lothiriel.
EStrunk chapter 6 . 8/6/2016
Love the elf/animal connection as they tracked Lothiriel down.
EStrunk chapter 5 . 8/6/2016
Awful about Edwick. I loved Eomer's pep talk. Lothiriel's companion is fascinating. Is it Gandalf? Or an elf?
EStrunk chapter 3 . 8/6/2016
I love the description of Lothiriel as a little fey, but she is really scaring me with her running away. I wish she would have talked to her father or even one of her brothers. Eomer's growing leadership is wonderful to watch. I particularly liked the backstory on how he became friends with Eothain.
EStrunk chapter 2 . 8/6/2016
Sad, but understandable, that Lothiriel won't tell anyone what she heard. Interesting that she's apparently got some elf in her. The hiding hole was very creepy, esp. given that we know things will get worse.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Glad Lothiriel spoke enough of their language to figure out what they were saying, that plus sensing something off. Eomer was wonderful with Bergit, especially because he still came across as an awkward warrior kid.
annafan chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
I have finally got round to reading this, and it is wonderful. I love all your Eomer/Lothiriel stories, with their inventive "ways they could have got together". But there is an epic sweep to this which sets it aside from the other, and somehow shifts it much more firmly into Tolkien's own world, particularly with your emphasis on the idea that they were somehow destined for each other from even before they were born.

I love the way you handle the canon characters - Gandalf's role, your characterisation of Galadriel (just the right amount of other-worldliness). I also very much like the idea of Eomer having had two significant relationships earlier in his life (I never quite buy the trope, so common in romantic fiction, of the man who has a string of meaningless sexual encounters then finally discovers true love with the right woman - if he's that emotionally shallow, he's unlikely suddenly to turn into good marriage material!)

Finally (because as you know I am more than a little obsessed with Eowyn and Faramir) - I just loved the scene the morning of Eowyn's wedding, where it suddenly and rather belatedly dawns on Eomer than in the absence of their mother, perhaps someone should explain what she is to expect on her wedding night - her breezy "oh, I asked Faramir" is so perfect (and I would love to know how that conversation went... in fact I might have an idea in mind for how it went).

Thanks for another great story.
Covered in Bruises chapter 24 . 2/11/2015
I have been making my way through your works and I am really loving them. That said I cannot image the Faramir wouldn't want Eomer anywhere near his cousin after their talk.

Eomer admitted to him that he sleep with the wife of a friend for years, while enjoying the hospitality of the man's house. But even worse that man was a veteran wounded in the service of Rohan and Eomer is of the royal family of that country honor bound to do what he can to ease the man's suffering, not take advantage of his loyalty and hospitality.

God forbid Lothiriel gets sick, Eomer will be out chasing sick ASAP. I cannot imagine that Faramir would want his cousin bound to someone who lacks a basic sense of decency. Edwick, there's a man worthy of Lothiriel crippled or not.
Light on the Horizon chapter 34 . 6/26/2014
Brilliant story!
MuggleCreator chapter 34 . 3/6/2014
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Great stuff. From the moment Seron was intro'd, I knew it was Gandalf.
And... It was brilliant. Brilliant.
MuggleCreator chapter 12 . 3/4/2014
Oh √Čomer...
"Garbald will keep us warm"... Keep you safe more like it. The poor children. I'm just glad you kept them alive!
And Lothi... Poor girl. Damn that Umar!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
"I'll thrash him if he doesn't"? Oh, √Čomer...
474 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »