Reviews for Alive till Tomorrow
Guest chapter 10 . 7/8/2015
WOW.. Just... WOW. ReAding this was soOoO worth my time
Guest chapter 10 . 6/30/2015
Mirandaannw chapter 10 . 10/31/2014
I really enjoyed this story. I honestly never liked max and logan together, thought they just didn't fit as anything but friends. Never watched the show for them as a couple, watched only because the show itself was good. I loved Alec and like think they would have gotten together because they were actually better matched in everything including chemistry. Anyways I only read these kind of Fics, and really liked this one
Padria95 chapter 10 . 9/27/2014
I know you wrote and finished this ages ago... but I am only just now reading it and I gotta say that it is perfect. Gotta be one of the best Dark Angel fics I've ever read! I love the amount of Alec whump and the beautiful relationship you built between him and Max :) Just stellar!
Lettingoffsteam chapter 10 . 10/31/2012
I really liked this, your writing style is fluid and the storyline was so satisfying :)
ArmedWithMyComputer chapter 10 . 5/24/2012
Hey! Lol, I know this review is so so late in comparison to when you posted this story, but just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading it :) Great job!

l chapter 10 . 4/7/2012
This was good at the beginning but then as it progressed, you made it kinda ridiculous. No offense. But Max would have heard the two guards coming before they showed and she and Alec could have taken them both on easily. Two against two. Max and Alec are both alphas and strong. Also, Alec would have completely realized that guy was a familiar. And Max would have found out about what logan did to Alec somehow. Also, Alec would never be afraid of logan. Alec being afraid of logan is just weird cuz i can't see it happening at all. No matter how injured Alec was, i don't see him being afraid. Thanks for this. Max/Alec ftw! ;D
krimson chapter 5 . 12/21/2010
"She loved him in that moment.

She decided to express this with violence."

Jennifer chapter 10 . 10/27/2010
Only just started reading the Dark Angel fanfics as mostly i'm a Buffy fan. But loved Dark angel to and was so annoyed when it got cancelled because I really wanted Max and Alec to end up together and i think thats where it would have headed if it hadnt. Anyway enough of my rambling the point is this is really well written and I dont give out praise to easily. I've read alot of Fanfic and if its bad I tell people so. This is particularly good because I could actually imagine this as an episode, say a serious two ending or something. Its really good,kept me hooked all the wish it had been longer. Thanks for making my day more entertaining.
Whiteraven2005 chapter 10 . 7/25/2009
Really liked this one. Max and Alec slowly coming into their love and Max having to face her feelings - or lack thereof - for Logan. Great action scenes too.

I liked Logan's little meltdown, definite temporary insanity, the whole scene from Max's confession through to threatening Alec was great. I can see Logan getting that intense so it wasn't weird or out of character for me.

All in all, very enjoyable.
Whiteraven2005 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Great beginning. The familiar edgy tension between Alec and Max until she realises he's really hurt. Logan is definitely the man out here and good riddance. I liked the easy flow of camaraderie between Max, Alec and Josh. Really nicely written.
quesse.beryl chapter 4 . 6/1/2009
can't help but notice how you wrote Max kissing Alec after he throws up... not the greatest choice
bewarethemelodrama chapter 10 . 5/26/2009
First off:

Favourited, favourited, favourited!

Calm now.

I'll start with the boring, technical constructive crit. I love your style, but the one weakness I noticed cropping up frequently is over-long sentences. I noticed this mainly because I'm guilty of it myself, but you need to keep an eye on it. Sometimes a shorter sentence, though it lacks some of the description, is more effective. Your reader can get lost if a sentence runs on for three, four, five or more lines. My writing lecturer liked to advise use of 'short, punchy sentences' because they give 'a sense of action, movement and dynamicism'. I liked to counter that by saying shorter phrases have to be in balance with longer ones. Of course it doesn't have to be one or the other or the writing would become boring, maybe even too rhythmic and staid.

All that being said, you don't really do it enough to be distracting or negate the piece (I just needed something vaguely negative/constructive to stop myself sounding like a gushing fangirl, and I mentioned the dialogue formatting in my previous review).

The main thing that struck me about this fic (other than that Alec needs to stop getting himself shot) is its honesty. You stay really true to the characters and the world from the shows, whilst obviously progressing it at the same time. There was real intensity, especially with the whole sequence where they are in the cabinet and her terror when she accidently smothers him. The writing was articulate and eloquent and witty. On more than a dozen occasions you also made me quite literally LOL. I was genuinely laughing. This is rare, and this is awesome.

This from chapter six really stood out to me:

'But he was Manticore. ‘Yes, sir,’ he replied simply. And then, because these days he was a little bit human, too, he added: ‘Good luck.’ '

It was about Dalton, but let's face it, that could be used for absolutely all of the transgenics. :)

The pre-existing and plot-developed relationships are all stunning. The family element with Josh, tentative power struggles with Mole, Cindy's (albeit brief) straight-talking, listen-to-me-or-regret-it vibe, and the slightly icy, held-back relationship of Logan and... okay everyone :) But you (99%) avoided Logan bashing, despite what you may have thought. Anger at any break-up is natural, even expected, y'know?

As a Max/Alec shipper who also appreciates the effort the show put in to developing the Max/Logan (non-)relationship, I'm always glad to find a writer who gives that relationship at least a little dignity. Logan's fury drove him to an extreme, but he didn't actually go past that line we know was there. Though, Logan's suggestion to euthanise Alec... shablahyuck. I wasn't sure about that. To leave him behind, whilst I was disgusted by it, I understood that Logan would say that. I mean sure, in a way it worked for what you were doing, you got the sense he was really trying to be like them. To be in the soldier mindset. But for me Logan is fundamentally an idealist (hence the Eye's Only persona). He has always rejected the military aspect of Max's personality, so it felt a little odd that he would suggest that. Especially after being high and mighty about 'petty theft'. I dunno, he just never struck me as the type of guy to order an execution. That's a Manticore thing. His interest in Max's wellbeing surely wouldn't extend to that extreme? At least, asking her to kill her friend isn't particularly compassionate to her mental wellbeing. You dealt with it all pretty sympathetically to be honest, and though you explained it all in your own way, I just needed to clear up my own thoughts on the matter I suppose.

The Max/Alec relationship as a whole is gorgeous. Particular kudos for their dialogue. You got their banter down immaculately. It's fluent, witty, genuinely funny, realistic, and in tandem with canon. The progression of their relationship is believable, and importantly, heartfelt. There is some real, raw emotion evoked here.

The following passage is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read:

' [...] after all, what was contained within that word, love? Thrown around so carelessly, on greetings cards, in throwaway comments and irony and the ends of telephone calls, mixed up with hearts and flowers, that sentiment Alec had been peddling, and with sex, and neediness, partnership and parenthood and narcissism. Any meaning it had of its own was fragile, a sliver of glass splintering under the weight of borrowed significance. '

Oh. My. God. All the stuff following was gorgeous too, but that passage can stand up on its own. Really, beautiful.

This piece of dialogue was one of the funniest things I've read in a while:

[...] 'Who was it – Keats? – “Beauty is truth, truth beauty…”’

‘”That is all ye know on Earth, and all ye need to know.”’

‘Right. Well, bullshit. If everyone ends up hurt by telling the truth, it’s not worth it.’

So very Alec and Logan.

The ending is lovely, homely but gritty if you get what I mean. A broken family in a broken world, but happy nonetheless. Not outright optimistic, but at least hopeful.

So, erm, I seem to have written an essay here. Basically, this was a real privilige to read, and I (envy) hate you even more now I've read the entire piece. If talent was a physical thing I'm afraid I'd have to mug you and steal yours.

To summarise... LOVE IT!

Oh p.s. this line in the epilogue: 'grinning the slightly panicked grin of a listener who has entirely lost the thread of the story.'

I was giggling like a six year old being tickled when I read that. I know that face. I have perfected that face (not so much a short attention span, more a wandering one).

Gah too many quotable lines in this. Right. I'm done.

bewarethemelodrama chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
I know this is a relatively old fic, and you probably don't even write fanfics anymore, and I'm only on the first chapter, but reviewing was SO necessary. Is your profile up to date? Are you really only 18? If so I (envy) hate you, you're disgustingly talented for your age :)

In my search for inspiration to make myself write (lack of muse for my current project), I've just slogged through seven out of twenty-one chapters of... no offence to them, but one of the worst fics EVER (I should have quit earlier, but I was hopeful it would improve. It didn't), so opening yours and seeing that the second word was 'denizens' filled me with a sense of relief. I knew it would be good. Thanks for not disappointing :)

Your description makes this a really visual piece. I love the details you included of his wound. You can tell there was care put into getting those details right. The dialogue is pitch-perfect in terms of characterisation.

I loved this moment (though your dialogue formatting isn't quite perfect, for example using ' when it should be "):

Alec raised his good arm in defence as she waved the tweezers playfully in his face. ‘Whoa – no amateur surgery until we got antiseptic. I could catch something.’

Max grinned, flashing back to their first meeting. ‘You’ve been out here in filth and degradation for a while now, Alec,’ she reminded him softly.

But this was my favourite line of the chapter:

'She nodded, looking down at her hands. It seemed appropriate that they had blood on them.'

Argh, I could spend hours dissecting this line by line, but I'll just give you the rest of my comments once I've finished reading the whole piece.

Awesome job, I'm off to read the rest.

I really hope you've not given up on fanfiction, because FFnet could do with more writers like you.
Guest chapter 9 . 1/5/2009
logan can't always be so rationally passive. he had to have a breaking point. he shattered beautifully, carving out a whole new dimention to his character