Reviews for CPS
Jackaroo chapter 3 . 3/18/2011
This was hilarious. That said, there were a few mistakes. Alidove's name was spelled Aildove at one point, couple of typos, and the start rambled a little - took a bit to understand what's going on. It would be a terrible irony if your parody bemoaning the horror that is plot holes and worse...had plot holes. Well, not plot holes - that's rather a bit too strong a word.

I've got to get to bed, otherwise I'd pin down what was bugging me in an effort to be helpful, as I believe every coherent piece along these lines, serves to drive back the evil, one decently-crafted, humorous paragraph at a time.
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 3 . 5/18/2009
Awesome! I have never played NWN but this is brilliant, and I completely agree with the idea behind this. Some of the fics I have seen...*shudder*. Hope to see more!
Moerighan chapter 3 . 5/17/2009
you guys are AWESOME!

I absolutely LOVED this lol, and its so true! I really hate sue fics so much and this just cracked me up. I'm writing my own nwn 2 fanfic at the moment and theres no way im doing anything sueish in it at all, my character is going to have PERSONALITY AND FLAWS! The moment anything sueish comes into my story shoot me please lol.

Anyway, great story I so want to read that badfic now just for the lulz!
Llandaryn chapter 3 . 4/12/2009
Brilliant story, guys. Chapter 3 had me in stitches. I love the vague Pratchett references (colour of magic, box on legs). My only criticism: WRITE MORE!
Lily Fae chapter 3 . 11/25/2008
I love this story! It's Hilarious.

“Less talk, more carrying, Alidove! Move it! Explosives! Big explosives! Very dangerous unstable explosives!”

yay explosions...

she’d left Slut-adin with a very, very bad rash due to conflicting auras, and it was indeed possible to Smite oneself.

I wondered about the conflicting auras when slutadin was described as being both... so happy you guys thought of it as well!
feralshal chapter 3 . 9/5/2008
Okay, I really love this! The prologue and second chapter set things up brilliantly, but Chapter Three was awesome in its own right - I love Alidove and Torila, and how things are all woven into the fabric of the canon to allow the CPS to battle the hell that is Sue-dom. Definitely a favourite.
K. Shrike chapter 3 . 8/6/2008
I think this has to be my favorite tale, by far.

The Mythbusters prayer set me chuckling, but even better than that was the "taking 20" lockpicking scene. That... that pleased my inner battle-hardened gamer geek to no end. Best of all was the line, "... a bunch of baffled peasants suddenly appeared in the middle of the Great Hall, in the Keep’s colors of gray and…the color of magic, whatever that was." I was so engrossed I had to supply the word aloud in a fit of Pratchettean recognition: "Octamarine!"
GraphiteHeron chapter 3 . 7/3/2008
Yay logic! And praying to the Mythbusters was a nice touch, gods of logic and explosions indeed. There were a lot of nice touches actually, but to name them all would be to try and quote your entire work in this review, and that would be awfully tedious.

So I'll just say that this entire idea has me positively tickled, and if you need any more CPS agents, I'd be happy to donate my time:) And when I start working on my NWN2 fic... well, I'll keep this magnum opus in mind. This should stop me from writing anything horribly, well, horrible.

Jabberwalk chapter 3 . 7/3/2008
"'Musk' was everywhere, and because of a distinct lack of description – or at least realistic description in the correct spots – this meant it smelled like someone had stuffed a dead skunk beneath the bed."

I about died laughing when I read that! That was epic, absolutely hysterical! Various authors of the story deserve big shiny medals for this wonderful commentary on the ridiculous amount of ridiculousness that contaminates fic-writing. Hats off to you all!
Guest chapter 3 . 6/27/2008
"Alidove tucked her Logicblade under her arm, somehow without cutting into an artery" Oh, the irony :D There's a couple of spots where you spelled Aildove instead of Alidove, and I believe you mean "device" rather than "devise", but no biggies.

The introduction to Crossroads Keep was perfectly done (lol at the patrols jostling each other xD), and I love the overall wry tone of the fic:) Alidove is positively adorable!

Three little words? “Old Owl Well?” he guessed. - xD

The way Casavir and Bishop reacted to being smacked with the Logicsword was hilarious, and the Symbol of Fascination sounds so cute!

Excellent work, and I do hope to see more:)
HyacinthMacaw chapter 3 . 6/26/2008
Half My Little Pony indeed, and kudos for "boomdeyada". It made me laugh uncontrollably and want to bleach my brain, all at once. Well done, guys, and well played against the ever-rising shadow of badfic. ;)
lieden chapter 3 . 6/26/2008
You're wicked. You're E-Vil.

I don't really laugh when I read something funny. If I think it's funny, I usually smile. If it's very funny, I will chuckle. It's just a subdued physical reaction. I was already grinning and chuckling throughout most of chapter 3 (and chapters 1 and 2, come to that). But when I read '"Three little words? “Old Owl Well?”' I laughed. To be precise, I started laughing convulsively, had to get up, walk away from my desk, sit on my bed (still laughing), drop the rest of me on the bed and continue laughing my ass out, up to the point I started worrying that my neighbours will think I've gone bonkers. All in that order. And I am still laughing at the time I'm writing this. It's awful. Like I said, you're evil.

Anyhow, I have just too many things to praise about the whole idea of CPS (aside from being totally hilarious) and especially this 3rd chapter, which felt like a manic surge of inspiration. It was also one of the admittedly few times I was looking at the small scrollbar on the right of the browser with gratitude. I'm not one for long chapters, but I caught myself not wanting this one to end.

I'm sorry I cannot offer constructive criticism at this point. It keeps getting overridden by fits of laughter.
Rhia474 chapter 3 . 6/26/2008
Okay, now that I bleached my eyeballs AND my brain from those images-that was priceless. A good agent, indeed, IS willing to go that far. Now I am wondering what kind of mixed drink would fix those poor two guys...

In short: THANK YOU!
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Oh my! The life of a CPS agent isn't an easy one. Luckily alcohol heals all wounds, though perhaps not in Casavir and Bishop's case.
Sarlyssia chapter 3 . 6/25/2008
Oh my ... *sets a bottle of Whiskey on the table* i think you can use it. Poor Boys ...