Reviews for Up From The Depths
Aileil chapter 1 . 2/5
Thank you for this story. I think it was a very good handling of the potential Reed's admission left to fanfic writers. :)
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Whenever I read stories featuring a character drowning, particularly all these "Drown Malcolm Month" stories, I am always reminded of particular pirate crew who has the problem of around a third of their crew having similar problems to Malcolm with the water. Of course with the tone of that series, it isn't really the same, but it still oddly comes to mind. Thank you for a nice bit of reading with this.
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Malcolm doesn't even like having breakfast with the Captain and now he's agreeing to have some Andorian Ale with him? He must be well out of sorts! :-)
asearcher chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Oh...I like that. Very good story. Good to see that Malcolm can let Archer in at times.

Thanks for the read.
tripaholic chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Hi Daniela,

I liked your fic! Although this is not the first time I'm writing this to you, it might surprise you since I probably gave you the impression that I don't like Archer at all. However, I do like certain aspects of his character (it's only I don't think he's a good captain the way he was written in the show), and his caring for his crew is certainly one of them. Therefore, what I liked best about your story was the interaction between Malcolm and Archer, their relationship as friendly and close as can be between these two characters (they don't have Trip's outgoing personality, after all), but without doubt full of sincere respect and care. However, that's not to say that the other parts weren't equally enjoyable as well - your writing style is immaculate as always, and it's always a pleasure to read anything Malcolm from you. I've noticed many fics being written for the "Drown Malcolm Month" (whose idea was that, anyway?) - poor man, but it's nice to see so many writers being inspired by him! :-)

Take care,

Tripaholic
Fury Seven Kerrigan chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
I like the fact that it is Archer who jumps in after Malcolm, rather than Trip, as is quite often the case. Don't get me wrong, I love those friend in need fics you do where it's Trip and Malcolm a lot, but in this case, it seemed very appropriate that it would be Archer. And the way that Malcolm's 'don't-fraternise-with-officers' rule is loosening, especially around his Captain!

Brilliant.

Fury
Romanse chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
As the curtain fell back behind him, a raspy voice commented, “That’s one type of drowning I don’t fear.”

BRAVA! That's the perfect ending to this drama that contains some wonderful interaction between Malcolm and Archer. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this - it's a wonderful contribution to the "drown Malcolm" season!
Kathy Rose chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
A very nice Drown Malcolm story. It was interesting that you had the two levels going here - Trip's anxiety after pushing Malcolm, and Malcolm's discomfort about the captain coming after him to rescue him. It was also very appropriate that the captain was the one to go into the river after him - Jon is the swimmer in the group, and he knows about Malcolm's fear of drowning. I'm so glad you wrote this.
Gabi chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I just found this story. Didn't know you posted the story already. Poor Malcolm, he always has to face his nemesis.

I like it that this time it was Archer who came to the rescue, not Trip.

Very well written story. Thanks.
firebirdgirl chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Great story! Keep up the good work. HAppy writing!
bluedana chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
I really liked Up From The Depths - you continue to capture the relationships among the crew very well. It was a really good read, and as another reviewer said, a nice alternative to the "endless romances."

I especially liked the passage where Malcolm's life is flashing before his eyes: very lyrical, until we're are brought up short at what an un-heroic way this would be to die. Nice.
Exploded Pen chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Aww! That was lovely :D Where did you find out about Drown Malcolm Month anyway? I'm intrigued! lol Either way this was a nice piece, the ending between Archer and Malcolm was lovely - you do the whole Acher/Malcolm, Trip/Malcolm interaction really well :D

Great stuff

~*~Exploded Pen~*~
LadyRainbow chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Great story for Drown Malcolm Month. :) (We really like to torture the poor guy.)You kept Malcolm so much in character, worrying at the end that his phobia would keep him from doing his job. And so much like Archer to go after him. And all Trip wanted was to keep him safe, but...

Nice story, volley! :)
Emiliana Keladry chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Absolutely amazing! This was so perfect and evey little piece fit together. I loved it! Excellent work!

Emma
Aeryn Lavanthia chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
A great story with an excellent combination of plot, characterisation and action. Please write some more like this and save us from the endless romances!