Reviews for Crimson Lies
effect20 chapter 29 . 7/19/2012
Did someone Photoshop rin in those pics...wait a mintute Lauren looks like rinoa...no...no
effect20 chapter 27 . 7/18/2012
Please don't be Lauren. If she was on the other end of the line ill kill her myself.

Ps. Nice way to include your family in your fics. Especially small personal things like that. My wife would kill me if she found out I didn't know that abut my daughters

Pss. No problem
effect20 chapter 25 . 7/16/2012
She Finally spit that Shit out
effect20 chapter 19 . 7/15/2012
Seed vechile 427 good way to sneak that in there.

...is rinoa gonna kill quitist
effect20 chapter 16 . 7/13/2012
This is one hell of a tear jerker
effect20 chapter 10 . 7/11/2012
Train #427 wake up time after " dream" 4:27 a coincidencen...nope
effect20 chapter 6 . 7/10/2012
This is getting so good. Can't stop reading.
Ms. Gentry chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
hi, i wanted to thank you so much for your squall and rinoa stories. your talent is tremendous and i find myself time and time again, moved to tears by it. this is a very good thing. and it is because of this that i am penning this review now. in hopes of encouraging you to never stop writing. especially on this pairing because you give of them so much and it is always such a pleasure to read. whenever i want to read about those two i go back to your stories. i'm a bit saddened that somewhere in time hasn't been updated in awhile but i haven't lost hope for its completion yet. again, thank you and bravo for being such a fantastic writer. i'm so glad we have talented people like you in the fandom. you are awesome. and please, never stop writing.
Rinoa Star chapter 42 . 6/12/2011
Wow, this story was so in depth and so intricately detailed to a fine point. I am extremely impressed with your style of writing and how beautifully the story ended. Keep on writing strong!
Minni chapter 42 . 2/5/2011
This has to be the 80th time I've read this story and it just never gets old! I love it all the way 2 the end, even though every time I get to the end I always want it to be a little different where they tell Allison and the world knows the truth, but I guess that's why its called crimson lies... :-)
Matt chapter 42 . 12/21/2010
Ashbear your writing is beautiful and extremely well done. In my opinion you are one of the best writers that I have ever had the pleasure of partaking in and I hope that you continue to write such beautiful pieces of work in the future.
Rose chapter 25 . 10/11/2010
AW! Allison is soo cute!
Sephiroth Owa 13 chapter 27 . 8/20/2010
I'm sorry. I've been trying to read this off and on. But this story just keeps dragging on. Rinoa and Quistis just feel so utterly locked in their pity emotions. I mean you do this huge build up to them meeting and what happens?

Nothing.

Just a silent moment and both girls staring at other. Now, I might not know the VIII characters as well as I would like, but those two girls would never do something like that. It just doesn't feel anything like the characters from the game at all. I'm sure with the story you're going for, of course the characters would change ... but for your Squall ... I'm sorry to say this, but he feels like the dreaded emo Cloud with traces of Squall tossed in there. Rinoa ... I actually hate her in this story and she's one of my favorite characters but I want to slap her senseless; it's almost the same way I hate FFVII's in game Aeris/Aerith. This Rinoa isn't even a shadow of the game Rinoa.

Sure, what happened to Ellone was terrible. But you have all the characters acting more emo than the worst written Cloud I've read in the FFVII stories.

This story was interesting to start off with ... but that one event is so stretched out that it feels as if you've dug the dead horse out of the ground and you're beating the rotting corpse with a stick.

But what do I know? You have over 1K reviews. But personally, I had to stop in the middle of this chapter. My attention just wasn't held at all. I kept having to re-read lines and I even dozed off. I might try one of your newer Squall and Rinoa stories. Now don't think I'm attacking your work, because I'm not. This story has it moments, though sadly they're few and far between; you have good ideas, but this one just so dragged out, it's not even funny. And like anyone else on this site, you have grammar mistakes that slip in here and there, but that's not what turned me off from this story.

I'll read a few more chapters to see if this improves, but if not, I'm done reading this story.
strifehart chapter 15 . 4/13/2010
Well, it started out really well, and interesting too. But to be blunt it's really taken an unfortunate turn. All the women in this story seem to be self absorbed in their own pity parties. To be completely honest, I'm hoping they chill out a bit cause if this continues on for too many more chapters, I'm probably gonna drop this one.
K chapter 42 . 10/13/2009
This was a great story. I appreciate the epilogue. :)
1,469 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »