Reviews for Crimson Lies
Revanstar chapter 41 . 3/15/2003
WOW! 41 chaptures! and I loved each one of them!
Cobray chapter 41 . 3/14/2003
Wow. Wow. And, if you'll forgive me a third time: Wow.

All this from one simple mistake? It's funny how life turns out isn't it? Although I do not believe in Fate and Destiny (only Coincidence and Luck) they do make very good start-ups don't they?

This has been, from the moment I first read it, one of the most, well, 'comprehensive' fics I have read. The sheer amount of descriptive far outweighed the dialogue, yet still you managed to avoid (mostly) reducing the fic to an exercise in imagination. All the characters were totally believable, and I still think Mitchell the greatest single enemy in the world of ficdom. Not a bad man, but a man so obssessed by his desires he was eventually consumed completely by them. Genius.

I think you are possibly one of the most thought-provoking artists ('writer' doesn't seem to cover it) on this site. You have a gift lady, and it would be a crime for this gift to be easted entirely on this site. Long may you write, and maybe someday we can read a publsihed work by you.

We who are about to write, salute you.

-Pierson-

PS: I also just finished reading 'Castles in the Sky'. Also deep, also thoughtful. How do you do that? Tips would be thanked with worship.
RyuSakura chapter 41 . 3/12/2003
this fic you wrote was wonderful. i didnt discover it till you were done with chapter 39 or 40, so it took me a while to read all of it, but it gave me a good excuse to procrastinate homework. i cant wait till you write another story!
Discordia the Goddess of Irony chapter 15 . 3/12/2003
Well, this is a very well written story in terms of characterization and plot(and theme, motifs, oh lord I'm back in English class). Anyway, nice work. You do have a few problems that I do believe I pointed out in an earlier review: possessives, homophones, and occasionally assorted grammatical and syntactical errors. Just little things that I tend to look for. I'll continue to read this; it'll just take a while.
Militant Ambrosia chapter 26 . 3/11/2003
OK, so let me start of saying that I haven't finished it et, try as I might.I told my husband I'd be to bed 'in a minute', and that was about 5 hours ago. For sure, this story is epic, awesome, engrossing, and just overall superb. However, aside from the showers of compliments you deserve for this magnificent story, which is clearly one of the best fanfictions ever written.I just wanted to give you a small amount of constructive criticism that might help you in the future.

First of all, your spelling and grammar errors really take away from the end result. I had to re-read a few passages because the grammar lost me. You should consider getting some beta readers, and of course try to sit down and proofread if you can. It would really help an already magnificent story.

Secondly, since I can tell that one day you will be paid millions to churn out mystery thrillers like this on a monthly basis, I thought I'd let you know that your Quistis/Seifer dialogue is really adorable and believable, but in contrast, some of the Squall/Rinoa dialogue in those dire situations where they're trying to explain doesn't quite always sound like something that would come out of someone's mouth. Dialogue like that is really tricky, I understand. In some areas, the characters seem to accept the situation a little too easily, particularly with Squall and Rinoa in the cabin when they first ran into each other again. It went well, but I think it was a little too fast. But hey, it's a fic, right? It's already 41 chapters. Just thought I'd be totally honest with you, since you put so much work into this, it would be a shame to say "Great story, Kool-aid" and vanish into the night.

Anyway, let me restate that this is a really really wonderful story, it really has kept me guessing. You are very talented when it comes to plot twists and unexpected events, and your flow of narration runs smoothly. Thank you for all your work. _ Cheers!

-Faith
Discordia the Goddess of Irony chapter 12 . 3/8/2003
This is a really great story. Too bad it'll take me so long to read. ;) Just kidding. This is very well written, and I especially like your characterization of Seifer. Unfortunately you do seem to have a few technical problems. You often omit apostrophes in possessive words. I've also noticed occasional problems with homophones and general misspells. Other than that, everything looks great. Can't wait to finish.
Sai Rei chapter 41 . 3/8/2003
i would like to say what a true honour it was to read this story.

I can honestly and unashamedly say that this story went straight to my heart and i was brought to tears throughout!

You have a gift in writing and i have to admit I have a fascination on squall and i think you gave each character justice to who they were in the game. You should be proud of your achievement.

My friend has been persistantly telling me to read 'castles' so i shall be doing so next.

You have my humble admiration as a writer and i would be honoured if you ever read any of my work.

Sai Rei, friend of Deathaletta
g3ozLizh chapter 41 . 3/8/2003
It seems only yesterday when I first discovered your fic "Castles in the Sky" and loved everything about it and eagerly anticipated any work of yours. _ Now, you've accomplished another wonderful fic and I am sad to see it finished (but glad at the same time! More time to write Somewhere in Between, right?)

But I do agree with you that still, no matter what, Castles in the Sky will still be the best beacuse it is beautiful in the simplicity of the plot and the sincere emotions it emanated. beautiful! I still find myself sniffling everytime I read it. It's so touching!

So there! Good luck on Somewhere in Between! _

g3ozLizh
Quisty Almasy chapter 41 . 3/6/2003
Well you know what they say, all great things must come to an , that includes this story. I just wanted to thank you for writing this brilliant story. The experience has been very enjoyful and interesting. This story will always remain in my memory even until I grow old _ It has most definitely raised the bar for fanfics out there. I know you get this a lot but you have a wonderful talent of writing stories, I hope you continue to write more.
Jenza chapter 41 . 3/4/2003
Thank you for writing such a great story. Some day, when I'm not snowed under with work, I will read it again and re-live the highs and lows. Now, I'm off to either read some more fanfiction or write my essay.
Rhi-an chapter 41 . 3/4/2003
Ashbear you're a brilliant author. I read every part of your notes and they give an even deeper meaning to the story than I previously realised.

I'm still into the game and four years is not old considering how old some other games are.

Thanks for writing such a wonderful story. I really enjoyed reading this although I was sad about what happened to Ellone, any author that can make the reader feel for the characters in a story deserve a huge amount of praise.

I hope you keep writing.
Rinoica chapter 41 . 3/4/2003
So, this is it.

Real end.

All this time I was expecting this 'final note'.

Anyway, I told you this a hundred times, and know I’m already boring, but I’ll say it again: Crimson Lies is the best final fantasy fun fiction that I’ve ever read, and I’m sure that many readers out there share this opinion.

THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT!

Rinoica
Bethel1 chapter 41 . 3/3/2003
Yeah, this is easily one of the best stories i have read. good work and thank you for your hard work to bring a great story without the same old, same old to everyone (and based on the number of reviews, thats a lot of people.) im looking forward to reading more on Somewhere in Between
legolas-babe chapter 41 . 3/3/2003
hey! That was the best story i have ever read! it took me a while to read all 40 chapters but it was way worth it in the end. you really captured what it was really like to be them in that situation! i also want to read Castles in the sky because you make it seem like it is just as good as this one. Normally i dont like ones with squall/ rinoa having kids but this one with allison made it seem right. also i am a big fan of squinoa's so i loved this fic! but its too bad squall cut his hair! if you can e-mail me back at .

-Vivi-
Miss Magical Girl chapter 41 . 3/3/2003
Somewhere in the early chapters, I was too lazy to write reviews and stopped writing them. ok so after deleting and hitting the backspace button alot, im gonna say that i dont know what to say but "wow" (yup i sound smart dont i?). Its really i cant really believe it. This story has really moved me and im sure it has moved others as well (note the over 10 reviews..:D). You really are an amazing author (dont be too modest now..) and i will always cherish the time i spent reading your fics.
1,469 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »