Reviews for Crimson Lies
Some Person chapter 8 . 4/18/2008
O: Woah, total plot twist, actually I kinda suspected that Ally wasn't really Richard WhatsHisName daughter, that it was Squall's...okay fine it went more along the words of- "Rinoa was bitching? That can't be right, Rinoa doesn't BITCH. ..I know! She's pregnant! Yeah I'll go with that! .. She has a daughter? GASP! I know! She was pregnant to her! Yeah let's go with that as a lame, sad and pathetic excuse for her bitching! Pregnancy!"

But in all seriousness, this wasn't much of a surprise, but man did it still get to me. And, I am glad for the uniqueness in plot. And as always, your writing needs a standing ovation.
Some Person chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Woah...Quistis? I've gotta say, what the hell? But I'm sure you have something up your sleeve for this one. It sure as hell says Squall and Rinoa, Quistis and Seifer, not the inverse. Actually, the moment I saw "A single tear rolled down Quistis' cheek," I got all, "Ew." Sorry, reflex.

Nothing much I can say about the story itself. The writing, excellent as always. But the plot...well I don't know what the plot is...so I'll just have to wait until I know what's happening.
whycantideletethisss chapter 42 . 3/9/2008
I cried so loud that my sister thought I was having a fit or something...amazing, brilliant...though I do hate the epilogue
whycantideletethisss chapter 14 . 3/6/2008
WOAH! Suspenseful, much? This is getting so good, its almost too much to bear!
whycantideletethisss chapter 11 . 3/6/2008
WOW! No offense, but at first glance I didn't think this was going to be that good, but it's fucking AMAZING! I am so compelled to keep reading more and more of it!
GetDownMakeLove chapter 19 . 3/3/2008
Ooh, it's Rinoa's birthday today!

First time I've taken the time to sit down and read this fic.

And it's bloody amazing! I love it!

Fantastic! xx
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Hey there! WOWOWOWW!that's like one f the greatest stories i've ever ,the language and the style just makes the story so...heart wrenching and beautiful.I almost cried after reading it again ...WOW!
Nami-Lass chapter 42 . 2/18/2008
Love this story so much! I first read this like a year ago and i have read it through like 3 times. LOVE IT!
cinnabonme chapter 2 . 12/29/2007
Oh my this is deep. I haven't read a fic quite like this in some time. Even though its been some time since you've finished updating this story, I still want to say congratulations on it, because it is rather stunning. However, just like every other fic, there are still things that bug me.(I apologise if this insults you, but since you are renowned for your fabulous stories, I think you can take it. Just take it as a compliment)

I quote:

'The commander was a bit taken back at the emotion he felt, for although it was pure hate, it was the only true emotion he had experienced in ages.'

I found a little tiny, nearly insignificant problem in that sentence. Excluding some rare occasions when that emotion will be stirred in such short a time, I truly doubt that Squall would have felt 'pure hate' for Seifer right after he'd come through the door. I mean sure, he didn't like him and after all he did kill thousands and attempt at Rinoa's life, but it was five years ago, and as I said before, no emotion as strong as this could form by first glance. Pure hate is the utter feeling of complete loathing beyond compare (but of course you already know this), which I doubt Squall feels for Seifer. Or it could just be me, and if it is please by all means disregard this review.

But apart from that tiny problem, your story is like no other I've read. As you've proven, you don't need paragraphs of description and action to create a wonderful and gripping fic. I also thoroughly enjoyed the characterization of Squall and Seifer. Wonderful, simple yet definitely capturing, I salute you Ashbear.
Freyjadour chapter 42 . 12/25/2007
Such an amazing story, it was so sad and tradgic throughout. I am so happy that the ending was happy. This story will stay with me forever. I know you probably hear this a lot but really you are like the best writer.
tsuchiya chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Believe it or not, I read this story over 3 years ago on RPG Classics and have yet to review it. This has to be my favourite fanfic of all time. It is so dark, yet detailed, with enough to keep you hanging on to the edge of your seat. Superb bit of work, with the only stories coming close are some of Ashbears other works and Larathia's Griever Chronicles.

Ashbear, I salute you!
Kittenlady chapter 42 . 11/12/2007
I read this months ago but never reviewed (sorry!)and absolutely loved it ofcourse! Just when I logged in today the number thingy was '427' so i just had to. Hee Hee what are the chances?

Ps, if you put 'Ashbear' into deviantart there are two thingies from your stories. Both super good!
unclickable chapter 42 . 11/9/2007
This is easily one of the best things i've ever read, it kept me up all night twice. loved every second i spent reading it. Rinoa did seem a little too nice, but that itself can be a fault. great ending too, i wasn't expecting it at all but it fitted perfectly with the story.
Natersby chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Oh! i won't say anything to ruin it for others, but clever turn around at the end there! I was surprised! Great start, I'll keep reading this. I'll also add that it's very impressive how big a fan base you have, I feel like a complete rookie in comparison!

ps my sister loves your stories, she recommended you though she's not the type to review.
Taela chapter 42 . 7/23/2007
This was a truly wonderful story. It was dark and intense, but it touched the heart with such powerful emotion, that I felt not so much that I was reading it, but more like I was experiencing it myself along with the characters. The plot was genius, and the story was written so very wonderfully. The characters were developed very well, you clearly reached a true understanding of their personas and conveyed it beautifully. This was a very epic and inspirational story, and I believe that only a case of strong amnesia would cause it to be erased from my mind. Thank you very much for such a wonderful story.
1,469 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »