Reviews for Retribution
Faraaway chapter 33 . 4/5/2010
I have to, I just have to tell you this!

I fell in love with your stroy. It's like it should be, and ending - georgeus! Not to mention that I was listening to Sarah Brightman - Captain Nemo song... Beautiful, simply amazing.

Thank you for sharing this adventure with us.
marlowespirals chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
0.o oh my goodness. i was looking for successful wrimos and i found elizabeth killing her son... must read... must read... LOL
DOC3 chapter 33 . 1/3/2008
This was one of the first fics I read in this fandom and I'm afraid the rest are ruined for me! This was absolutely amazing and the ending was perfect. I wish I had reviewed every chapter, but trust me, I believe I would have said the same thing every time, "Fantastic!"

Doc
rosaseravo chapter 33 . 12/9/2007
Well written story...gotta say I that much as I love Jack, the Jack of this story deserved to go back to the Locker for 100 years, not win back Elizabeth. A Jack who would leave Elizabeth alone on a desert island is downright evil, even if he acts nicer later. (Even with the things Elizabeth did...he also did bad things, like leaving Will on the Dutchman and indirectly causing the deaths of upward of 30 people in DMC). I'm glad the Jack of the movie forgave Elizabeth and didn't hold a grudge for so long. ;)
Veronica Rich the First chapter 28 . 12/8/2007
It's clear you've put some care into most of this, so if you really want a concrit, here's mine:

The story is written well, the grammar and style and spelling are easy to read, it's engaging. It's an interesting look at the evolution of Elizabeth. And I was doing well up until this chapter, and I hit a sentence that took me right out of the story - the bit about Will suffocating Elizabeth.

I understand the story is about Elizabeth's change, that she no longer wants to be a wife and settled. I see no evidence, however, in canon that Will ever wanted to settle with the picket fence and 2.4 children and a chain leading from Elizabeth's ankle to the potbellied stove, and he seems able to adapt to changes and traveling for/with her pretty well. Never does he try to cage or restrict or stop her from doing exactly as she pleases. He's been like this all along - even, presumably, when they decided they wanted to marry.

If Elizabeth decides she no longer wants what Will really IS or bows to the unfairness of being asked to only see him 4-5 more times in her life for a day each, that's reasonable (because it IS unfair). But to have her cast him aside on a basis that isn't a true characterization of Will seems rushed - "I want the Jacksex, I gotta get to it NOW!" I also have a hard time believing Will would let her go without saying more about it - he's understanding, but he's not a pushover, and he knows his worth (as evidenced by his insistence to Beckett that the man ensure his own safety as well as other people's - a far cry from only "Elizabeth goes free!" and "The crew are not to be harmed" to Barbossa).

If you're writing exclusively to J/E readers, you can ignore this and just call me a crank; I don't even mind. After all, the trend in most J/E fic is to make Will into Jesus - noble and understanding and not at all a man who's been cuckolded and is rightfully angry with something not-so-nice to say to Elizabeth. That's difficult to write, but if you can pull it off it's more rewarding for the reader.

But if you want a wider audience - and there are those of us who aren't J/E fans who still read in hopes of finding good writing - here's one opinion. I wouldn't have made this story to Chapter 27 if it were otherwise not a good read.
KayleeG chapter 33 . 12/7/2007
Ah, this is the ending I dreamed for Elizabeth in AWE. I wanted her to have this freedom...knowing that should she and Jack cross paths they could always find a safe and loving harbor.
beautiful-mistakez chapter 33 . 12/7/2007
wonderful end!1
Ginabella59 chapter 29 . 12/5/2007
oh please...please update
Ginabella59 chapter 26 . 11/27/2007
more please...

ty for enjoyed my day...i love your story
Terri chapter 26 . 11/27/2007
Poor Lizz
kk chapter 24 . 11/23/2007
great chap
Ginabella59 chapter 24 . 11/22/2007
OMG i love this story...

TY for give us many chapters at the same day.

Update soon..I am in a hurry for next chapters.

ty ty ty
The-Pirate-Lass chapter 24 . 11/22/2007
I just finished reading all 24 chapters and I. Love. This. Story. Please write more soon! This is great! _
Ginabella59 chapter 20 . 11/20/2007
this story is beautyful

waiting for more.
Arraya chapter 20 . 11/19/2007
I love these latest chapters! Thanks for posting a few at a time! This fic is great. Can't wait for more!